-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
This is the point I was making, most IT related support staff will be playing GTA IV rather than checking out SP3 and what its doing to their network. ;-)
-
Just need to buy the usb memory stick..
-
So its coming out the same day as GTA IV, I can see this causing problems.
-
Need to upgrade my 3.2P4 dual core, though I will miss the nice warm draft it puts out which heats the room nicely. I want a quad core, around the 3ghz range, but I am waiting until either the price drops a lot, or september comes and the new gaming season starts.
-
*Cough*Windows ME*Cough*
-
Smash The looms! Luddites: War against the machines (Sarah Connor chronicles anyone?) LANCASHIRE textile workers were notorious for their mistrust of progress and for their violent reaction to anything which they considered threatened their livelihoods. Men like John Kay, James Hargreaves and Samuel Crompton all suffered at the hands of neighbours fearful that new inventions would ruin their lives. Hargreaves, in fact, left Lancashire to set up a small spinning business in Nottingham, partly because he felt that that city's attitude to new technology was considered to be more enlightened. The same reason took Richard Arkwright and his (stolen) water frame there in the same year, 1767. So it is perhaps surprising that the biggest revolt against machinery had its beginnings in Nottingham rather than in the textile towns of Lancashire. It was early in 1811 that Nottingham stocking manufacturers began to receive letters signed by "General Ned Ludd and his Army of Redressers." Ludd probably did not exist, although there is some suggestion that the name was derived from that of a Leicestershire farm labourer who had destroyed some stocking frames about 1782. The legend that grew up about him was that he was a Nottingham youth who had his headquarters in Sherwood Forest, like a latter-day Robin Hood. Real or not, Ludd had a startling effect on industry in the Midlands. Soon, workers who had seen their wages reduced and their jobs threatened by unskilled rivals began breaking into factories and destroying machines. Their main targets were the new, wide frames operated by unapprenticed workers, which produced poor quality but cheap stockings. In just three weeks, more than 200 of these frames were destroyed and 400 special constables had to be sworn in to protect the factories. The Prince Regent offered a £50 reward for information about the Luddites and in February, 1812, as the problem spread North, Spencer Perceval's Government passed the Frame-Breaking Act, which carried the death penalty, and ordered 12,000 troops into the affected areas. You know why history always repeats itself? Its because we never listen the first time.
-
Shes wearing one all right, she's just wearing it on her back.
-
http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/more_terror_police.jpg ok I'm bored, and this thought made me giggle.
-
For similar performance, you can buy 9600GTs, over clocked for £105, about the same speed as a 8800GT but 2/3 the price.
-
Real player is so last century.
-
Nod picked it up as a threat as soon as I loaded the page up. odd that.
-
How many pairs of shoes / boots / trainers etc do you own
ICT_GUY replied to john's topic in General Chat
Well yes I have a pair of those for the boat, and some stout boots for shooting, but they dont count as shoes do they? I even own a pair of wellies for walking the dogs. Perhaps my man boobs are having an effect. -
The one resource that humanity will never run short of is stupidity.
-
How many pairs of shoes / boots / trainers etc do you own
ICT_GUY replied to john's topic in General Chat
Unless my man boobs have turned me into a woman, then then last time I checked, all I need is one pair of black shoes one pair of trainers. -
Zoom H2 Portable Recorder. with 512mb SD card, Tripod and Half Price Headphones offer!!!*::*Digital Recorder*::*Planet Gizmo This is the a very good reorder and a doddle to use. Sound quality is excellent. http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1c1ea8897b.jpg Simplicity is a beautiful thing. It's a simple idea: provide brilliant stereo recording in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable device. Now everyone can record pristine audio in an infinite variety of applications. From seminars and conferences, to electronic news gathering (ENG) and podcasting, to musical performances, songwriting sessions and rehearsals, the H2 provides amazing recording quality. And no matter what kind of music you perform or the instrument you play, the H2 can effortlessly record it in high-quality stereo. With its built in USB 2.0 interface, you can even use the H2 as a USB mic and record directly to your favorite digital audio software!
-
From the Daily WTF Originally posted by "Dirk"... A friend of mine recently bought a product called PrintMaster. He had some trouble installing the software and called me up for some tech support. He was receiving an Error 1305, for which a quick Google search lead me towards the following: ... Completing a clean installation of the program will help to prevent conflicts that can occur. The remainder of this note describes the procedure... All right, I thought a clean install, let's read on and see how to do a clean install: Place a small amount of nonabrasive, liquid soap on the shiny side of the CD or DVD. Using your fingertips and warm water, gently rub the soap on the disc in a circular motion. Rinse the disc thoroughly and dry it using a clean, soft T-shirt or lint-free towel. Do not use paper towels or tissue paper. Install the program. Doing a "clean install" has now taken on a new meaning for me.
-
Yes it is. And the sound recorder idea is great. I'm going to try that out.
-
My old boss (who may be on here) always had problems with Asus. I have always heard it pronouced A.sus he used to call them a.zoo.zoo.us took me ages to work out what the hell he was on about.
-
But I cant hear it at all, All the kids can, even the (young) teacher can (and say its painfully loud). But me, the old duffer with ears that have suffered from years of riding loud motorcycles can hear nothing. So the question is, do I replace it for a fault that I cant verify?
-
When I lived in the states I had one of these. 1974 Ford Maverick Photographs. High Resolution, Wallpapers, Destop Images. 41974 .1 straight six, more holes than metal, two tone (bottom I used to spray before going out to hide the new rust. Fun though, even without an exhaust pipe.
-
LMFAO, very sad state of affairs though
-
I got hit by a Skoda the other day, hell of a mess, Jam and Icing all over the place, tasted nice though.
-
Taken from our sports field yesterday. YouTube - Very High Easy Star Flight
-
Thank you.
