Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. bypass proxy for local sites?
  2. Using mine which I got today. Screen is too small. Certain apps keep crashing. Updates dont work. Is very cool, but damn that screen. I will be buying one, probably the new one with the 1024 width screen and 12 gig HD, bugger the cost because it looks great. File manager is a bit lame. Drop into terminal window and change to super user and type command rather than right click to format an sd card? Please! It is amazing as a gadget, but not for schools, at least not as a desktop / laptop replacement.
  3. Dont forget the new ink jet tech on the way. the one with the full width print head that will print A4 - A0 faster than a laser printer. http://texyt.com/silverbrook+memjet+technology+available+desktop+photo+wideformat+hp+edgeline+comparison watch this vid, it will blow you away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu-6vywiAN4
  4. Ok, my site needs an overhaul stat.
  5. I have underlings for this task.
  6. I would buy a cheap new server, dabs to an HP one for £380ex vat and populate it with cheap sata drives, even raptors if you want to be flash with you cash. This will be cheaper and have the bonus of a three year on site warranty.
  7. ICT_GUY

    Server Racks.

    I need a server rack, a full depth one but half height or smaller, for 2 -4 servers. Anyone got one for sale or know where to buy one cheap?
  8. I would do the following. Remove version 2. Update to latest driver. Update to latest version 3 software. Update to latest Board firmware. (call promethean for this CD). We have had a host of problems, and these are the steps we have had to take to fix the issue. No idea if this actually fixes the issue as I have only "fixed" one class pc so far and I am waiting to see if the problem goes away.
  9. http://modelb.bbcmicro.com/ bbc b emulator FTW! http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8871/elitesj4.th.gif it works well too.
  10. I for one welcome our new overlords, All hail our new metal masters.
  11. ROFL. With pepsi coming out of my nose.
  12. Nice. Its better when you can get them to work with sweets rather than threats of violence.
  13. Agreed, the yellow lcd bleeds, the film containing the LC breaks down, and the yellow grows. I just had one here, either that or its been burnt which is a non growing yellow. BTW NO SHOW KILLS PROJECTORS! After promethean taught all the teachers to use no show on a regular basis.
  14. Had this one today. "Break the monotony of life with a cool watch!" Its wrong for so many reasons.
  15. Buy a serverr 2003 licence for £35?
  16. Just what do you think you're doing, mattx?
  17. I need a 512mb pc133 stick for an older admin pc. I can either do a swap for a 256mb stick or come to some other arrangement.
  18. Why? If its old naff hardware, then you are probably better off leaving it till you need it, most stuff that comes out of old working systems will stay in working condition over exteneded periods, though the printed circuit boards will corode over time and short out.
  19. Mattx, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye
  20. This months pc PRO has a drive image utility on it.
  21. Copycat beat you to it.
  22. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
  23. That can only be attributable to human error.
  24. Dont worry, "my girl" can get that out without "embarrasment" though I might be "driving in my car" to pick them up. I will probably be able to get them back in "seven days" but I might get my "uncle sam" to pick them up instead, unfortunately the traffics that bad, it would be quicker to take the "night train to cairo" but not to worry "tomorrows just another day". Still enough of this "madness" its getting "absoultely" stupid and someone might laugh so hard they will have a "Cardiac Arrest" at these crass punes that even "Michael Caine" would refuse to use.
  25. /\/\4k35 j00 \/\/0|\|d3r d035n'7 |7????
×
×
  • Create New...