-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
CA7NAD/3AN P79HARMA1CY V14G4 - $1.48 C 7/ A L / S - $2.25 S1OM4 - $0.64 LE2V /TRA - $3.63 F3M4L3 V14GR4 - $1.53 U 7 L T 0R A M - $1.33 0h no3s!
-
you can buy new batteries for them, Maplins do a pretty good range. They also have 17ah batteries for £20 at the moment (they come in a jump starter type of thing with a compressor, which comes out a less than half the price of buying the battery alone). But honestly, they have probably had their day, and with that sort of amps, the last thing you need is old electrics if you catch my drift.
-
We don't eat fish fingers in our house, which happens to be in the middle of our street.
-
This might be useful I find that a lot of problems are solved by deleting and reconnecting printers on logon. This script does just that, also has the advantage that if done in the computer settings in AD, it gets rid of printers the profile might have picked up else where. Its a VBS script. 'printer script for non ict suite computers. On error resume next Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") 'remove old printers wshnetwork.RemovePrinterConnection "\\wykeserver\ForumPrinterOKI" wshnetwork.RemovePrinterConnection "\\wykeserver\OKIC5100" wshnetwork.RemovePrinterConnection "\\wykeserver\ICT_BW_OKI" wshnetwork.RemovePrinterConnection "\\wykeserver\PPA_BW_OKI" 'add ict suite printer but do not make it the default. Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Wykeserver\OKIC5100" 'add the forum BW printerand make it the default. wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Wykeserver\ForumPrinterOKI" wshNetWork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\Wykeserver\ForumPrinterOKI" 'add the ICT BW printer wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Wykeserver\ICT_BW_OKI" 'add the PPA BW printer. wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\Wykeserver\PPA_BW_OKI" 'add the PDF creator wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\intranet\PDFCreator"
-
"The file sharing subsystem on Windows Vista only allows 10 concurrent inbound connections."
-
Thanks, I have gone into ad and done a little tweaking to the server disconnects settings. But unfortunately I now have to wait and see if it happens again.
-
2nd filezilla, its got less bugs.
-
this message is too short error so writing this.
-
Mild steel will need painting. Stainless might be better. What exactly do you need this to do, strength, weight price considerations? How many? We have a great metal salvage yard near us. You pop along and they will get you what you want. Its where I get my lead for bullet casting. I would recommend you do the same or pop along to your nearest tip. B&Q normally keep metal stock, ours does.
-
Spice works might help you out with a quick audit, as will http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html though the fee version is only free for non educational use.;-)
-
Thanks much appreciated.
-
Actually apon more reading, I am still unsure if the fix is the right one. BTW anyone else want to join in feel free, as I am starting to think that talking to your self online is about as bad as talking to yourself out loud. Next I will be looking for hairs on the palms of my hands.
-
Doh forget it, I reread the earlier post I made, and the fix. Doh.!
-
Also found out why I could not specify a cache size of more than 2 gigs, its because MS used a single 32bit interger to hold the cache size info. quote SYMPTOMS In Microsoft Windows Explorer, in the Folder Options dialog box, you set the value for Amount of disk space to use for temporary offline files option so that the value is larger than 2 gigabytes (GB). After you make this change, you open the Folder Options dialog box again. You notice that the value for the setting has reverted to the previous value. CAUSE This behavior occurs because the client-side cache for temporarily-cached files is limited to 2 GB. This limitation exists because the signed 32-bit integer internally stores the cache size value.
-
I still have a problem with offline files and laptops. The laptops have offline files enabled for their my documents folder, however they will randomly drop all of the offline files whilst at home. I have read that if they connect to a different network (home router) that this will trigger this behavior. This does not appear to be the case, as it last affected a user whose home connection I have banned them from using (every week they would come in complaining that they could not access the school network, because their other half had added their home wireless connection, now how he managed to male chicken the school connection up I will never know). Any ideas, getting a bit desperate here as it should be a simple problem, thats turning into a ongoing head ache.
-
Halon. Just make sure you can get out without breathing. Or how about a bunker in the school grounds, like the ones they used to sell during the Cuban missile crisis.
-
Damn, boys will be demanding one for theselves (they live in Germany). I could give them my old one and buy myself an elite though
-
Talk to the head, or go in with head / other member of staff, better still ask in writting for risk assesment. Now that will get her attention.
-
Did you try the link I gave you?
-
Take camera to record face.
-
Anybody use 'cheap' fake toner in their OKI's?
ICT_GUY replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in How do you do....it?
http://www.refilltoner.com/index.htm?gclid=CKursoX_iZICFQ9QQgodUzTKDw These are packs where you refill your toner yourself, but the toner killed my oki printers but they did refund. http://www.ijtdirect.co.uk/?page=testimonials who we now buy from. I cannot say if our OKI will last though. -
Anybody use 'cheap' fake toner in their OKI's?
ICT_GUY replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in How do you do....it?
c5600n drums are sub £35, compared to oki b4100 @ £120 (printer is £80 new) and the previous colour printer the drums cost more than the replacement print too. -
Anybody use 'cheap' fake toner in their OKI's?
ICT_GUY replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in How do you do....it?
True, branded revolution.
