Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. I tape mine up and add a notice saying do not switch off or unplug. Gaffer tape works well.
  2. Thats going to be a nice job lifting it into your rack, 160lbs - 300lbs+ Remember not to lift with your knees and to use a sharp twisting movement.
  3. Update the driver, make sure that the usb & serial cable are not attached at the same time. Also upgrade to version 3 (its a freeebie).
  4. My guess, if they are older pcs, is that the bios battery is flat, so the password was wiped over xmas when the PC was shut down for an extended period. It took a while for someone to notice and they poked around and locked the bios.
  5. Thats what I based my smellings on. I might be wrong, we shall see when he replies.
  6. I smell a bot.
  7. £1300 for a box? A super fast over spec PC would cost no more than £150 to build inc XP licence. You can even build a super small form factor one for that price.
  8. *cough* use NTbackup to move files and retain file permissions as its faster and easier *cough*
  9. Sorry, I just looked, the skips been emptied and I have long since dumped all the PII stuff. You might try your local tip, they will let you take a cpu for a couple of quid.
  10. I just threw one out, a 300mhz one at that. I just might have one kicking around in a spare bin.
  11. id like one for the side of my PC, yes.
  12. VGA cable will cover 100M with a booster (I looked into this a while back), coax will not. Other options are to have two PCS and use real VNC to set them running. I have one in the foyer of my school, joined to the domain, no kbd or mouse and with just a network connection. Its an old 600mhz celeron that runs powerpoint all day long, with photo stories and video embeded along with normal slides. Cheap as chips. There are other options depending on what you want to display.
  13. Looks nice, but the specs are double that of any servers on my network. 2gigs of ram? Our main server only has one, hang on, I wonder if thats why or net work is a bit on the slow side. Is this the response to the google search boxes?
  14. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136255 £219! and free delivery, no idea on quality though Last I knew maxim made Machine guns.
  15. Thats how it starts, before long its turned into a huge deal. Run off to Vagas, cant beat "those" weddings. Anyhow congrats, and funny enough I'm making my long suffering other half an honest woman at the begining of the month. Funny thing is she does not want to get married on the same day that I did with the first wife. Hell I did try to explain that I would be less like to forget anniversaries. Shes having none of it, damn unreasonable if you ask me.
  16. My brother in law does this a lot, and no matter how much I tell him to use sysprep he just keeps on deploying those images. I'm just waiting for it to bite him in the bum.
  17. I wouldnt mind, but all I want to do is move the working old version to a newer computer. I guess I am just used to companies giving you back up media at cost.
  18. I think it may be, I shall let you know in the AM,
  19. Yes I can see where you are going with this. Did I mention that I have an explosives licence? (true fact).
  20. So, I thought I would give MLS a quick ring to see if they will send out an install disk. "No problem, just renew your support contract and we will send it straight out." "ok How much?" "£120 sir." Now that’s just enough to make my blood boil, there’s no way they will help us out for the product we have paid for without paying for another year of support we have never used before. My backup plan at the moment is to get a HD and ghost the image of the old HD to it to at least buy some time. Though probably the mobo wont support more than a 8gig HD Meh = unhappy. /end rant Any other ideas?
  21. I stopped, I talked, I got hasseled by my ICT co-ordinator go look at new kit. Nice stand, its nice to see people in the flesh. (no not that kind of flesh, in real life, now get you mind out of the gutter)
  22. I have noticed this a lot at home and at work. I have almost completely given up on IE and now use firefox almost exclusively.
  23. At Bett the new Hitachi short throw projectors (the really short throw cool looking ones) came with three years unlimited bulb replacement all for £900! We are going to be buying these when we get some money
  24. My ICTco-ordinator says next year hes going down to Hawkins Bazar and spending £60 on crap for me. He reckons It will keep me just as happy but I dont have to leave the office. BBC mugs were nice along with the Meory Stick, thanks guys.
  25. LMFAO, the simple ones are the bes.
×
×
  • Create New...