Ashers Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 I used to drink loads of tea and coffee, previous job Gas Engineer, One in the yard to start the day, terrible machie coffee, then a couple in the Cafe for breakfast, then 10 jobs a day so 10 cups of tea or coffee, then a couple at least when I got home. Found out that I was sensative to caffine about 15 years ago so started on the decaffe, and after a lot of research I have found my favourite brands for both decaffe tea and coffee. I have stopped drinking it at work, I now drink squash and at the moment I am finishing off apple and blackcurrant (fruit and barley) and tomorrow I will be starting the Pink Grapefruit.
korifugi Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Generally tea here - even to the point that if I have to do anything technical for family/friends then they know full well to make me a cuppa before I'll even consider looking at it.
JPS Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Well I'm a tea man. I used to drink a hell of a lot (@Cragzman will confirm) and would never be found around school without a mug. Now I'm in a slightly busier job with more pressure from above I dont drink much at all, about 4/5 mugs I suppose.
JoeBloggs Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 I'm another one who doesn't drink coffee, nor tea. I just drink water with Robinsons or something!
tom_newton Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 I never bother with coffee before I am at work, and drink max 2 or 3 cups a day at weekends, so I tend to feel like my face is about to fall off about nowish, as it's 5+ cups/day here. We use Gourmet Coffee Roaster and Supplier of Fine Coffees - Fresh Roasted Beans, Green Coffee Beans as our supplier... "has bean" look interesting tho.
soveryapt Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 I can highly recommend Tank Coffee .. plus you'll be doing a good thing too ..
plexer Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 I've been to Tesco at lunchtime today and bought 2 bags of their standard filter coffee, one for the coffee machine in the IT workshop and one for the site managers coffee machine. It makes me laugh because 2 small bags that hold the equivalent coffee of one large bag are cheaper than buying a large on. Ben
plexer Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Mainly tea at home though for me either tetley, pg or yorkshire. If have coffee at home it tends to be from my senseo with a reusable pod. Ben
Rydra Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Pfft. All these wierd hot drinkers. Pepsi Max for me. Zero Sugar, just enough caffiene to get me through the day, meaning i can indulge on a choccie bar or two instead. Mostly 2 cans per day, 3 on a bad day. I drink tea and coffee, but mostly prefer cold drinks.
sted Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 generally at work its either mcrat at dinner so fanta/sprite or in a school water. Cant be bothered carrying owt round in teh car generally. Dont do tea or coffee at home its just squash/apple/water
Sylv3r Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Don't drink tea or coffee. Can't stand the stuff! Irn Bru all the way )
alexsanger Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 Layed off the coffee at work since the doc suggested I might have a lazy immune system, so switched to tea for all the anti-oxidants! 4 or so cups a day I reckon. Still have to have a coffee for a kick start before leaving the house (or speaking, showering or anything that requires any thought), then just enjoy the aroma of the coffee pot in the "base" before flicking on the kettle and brewing up. I have induldged in a bean-to-cup espresso machine at home though, which is great for the weekends. Waitrose Espresso Beans make a damn fine cup, I find.
john Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 One cup a day does me at work, we have it about morning break time and sometimes we have a 2nd in the afternoon, and then drink water / orange squash / lucazade for the rest of the day, We don't have time to trek to the water boiler that often!
michael2k6 Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 I'm largely a tea man. A very good friend of mine introduced me to green tea, and lemon and ginger. I never did agree with the lemon and ginger, i find there something slightly completely wrong about it, but the green tea, i'm hooked. But i will drink coffee from time to time. Maybe 1 cup a week. Tea, in the office i'm on about 3 / 4 cups a day (1 day a week on ave. ) and at home, i stick to diet coke, squash and fruit juices. And i tend to make some awesome smoothies.
michael2k6 Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 P.S - by 'largely a tea man' -i mean that in both senses - By large, i drink tea, over coffee. I am also quite large.
RabbieBurns Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 Tea all the way.. My cup is pretty much never empty. The Urn is at the end of our hallway, so it gets me up from my desk, lets me stretch my legs, takes my eyes away from the screens, and keeps me hydrated. Its a HR thing! PS I have a proper MUG, 500ml at least it holds, none of this silly teacup type things!
SYNACK Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 I don't drink coffee or tea, three to four redbulls a day though.
elsiegee40 Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 I don't drink coffee or tea, three to four redbulls a day though. Which explains why you're awake at the same time as us Brits so often!
witch Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 Stereotypical middle-aged woman here - tea all the way - three cups a day at work and lots at home. Except at weekends when I go out for a cappuchino with mrwITch. My boss, the IT co-ord, did just find a coffee machine in our cupboard - noone knows why - and has set it up in there - I like the smell but the taste disappoints
chazzy2501 Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 Coffee, the more it costs the more it tastes like an ashtray. I drink 6 or 7 mugs a day, I'm trying to suppliment with green tea but sometimes I just need that booost! No Energy drinks though they make me feel dizzy after a while. For about a year I did give up coffee in favour of hot Ribena!
dhicks Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 I'm curious as to the truth of the stereotype of the IT Technician/Tech Support Analyst never being more then 5ft from a coffee pot I have a cup of coffee when I get to work in the morning (which is generally around 7:15am, after rattling around on the tube for half an hour, so I need one) - Lyons coffee bags, real coffee and so easy! Recently had a nasty experience with Sainsbury's own-brand one-use filter thingies - most useless bit of design you've ever seen. During the day I generally drink two or three cups of tea - Sainsbury's green and black tea blend, all the advantages of green tea but tastes okay with a bit of milk in, so it's like proper tea, really. At home I drink Harrods' own blend ground coffee - the school's a couple of hundred metres from the side entrance to Harrods' food halls, so I wind up popping in on the way home.
X-13 Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 I usually get through about 6 or 7 cups of coffee. Usually Nescafe Gold blend. A while back I mixed hazlenut coffee with hot chocolate, It was so damn tasty, but I run out of hot chocolate.
localzuk Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 I'd be absolutely bouncing off the walls with the amount of caffeine many of you drink. 2 cups of tea makes me jittery and shakey!
SYNACK Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 Which explains why you're awake at the same time as us Brits so often! That and it has usually dropped from a nasty 29 degrees C here when you guys are awake over there
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now