Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone ever travel alone as a single either abroad or in the uk. Since breaking up I fancy going away but not sure what to do or where to go.

Plus there is the worry and fear of travelling alone and what to do wherever i go.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and mabye some advice.

Thanks

Posted

Would love to go away on my own,

 

unfortunatly a trip to see my mum in Sheffield is as far as i get......although she pays for travel, food etc-- so is really cheap!!!!

 

have looked in to a couple of companys that do single person holidays-- seem to have good reviews-and a couple of friends have reccomeded-- maybe i will save up and one day go!!

Posted

Depends on what you want to do. I've travelled all over the world on my own and enjoyed every moment.

Have you tried looking at Exodus, Explore or Gap Adventures. They do small group holidays all over the world. They include simple sight seeing trips to quite adventurous activity based trips (I've done allsorts, kayaked across the Greek islands, driven a husky sled through Finland, Whitewater rafted down the Zambezi). Groups are generally around 12 people and are like minded so theres always someone to chat to.

Might be worth a look....

Posted
Go backpacking in India - I'm off on Sunday for three weeks to Tamil Nadu. Just me. A small rucksack. Cameras. Nothing planned - just making it up when I get there!
Posted

Do it!

 

There are lots of single traveller websites where you can go on holiday with people in a similar situation or do the opposite and get yourself a travel guide, lonely planet etc, book a flight and off you go.

 

I am tempted to do the same this year; I have one week off in middle of August and I'm really thinking life is too short to be sitting around at home.

 

I flew to America last year on my own without friends or family for the first time in my life and it was great.

 

Did what wanted to do and went where I wanted to.

 

If you're social and friendly you will enjoy it and look back with no regrets!

Posted
I spent a year working my way round Australia & NZ just after uni and it was awesome. I worked for about seven months (travelled for 5 months) doing it contract work and dive boats. You'll meet loads of people along the way, plus living for a year on what you can carry on your back teaches you essential packing skills for later life.
Posted

With breaking up recently i am a little nervous to be honest about going away on my own, and have lost alot of my confidence, so not very social at the moment.

 

So not sure to be honest its all new to me. Will have a look, but can anyone point me to any particular companys.

Posted (edited)
I'm considering getting a small van that I can kip in and heading over to France. I thought if I found the local swimming baths, I could park up in their carpark overnight and then have a morning swim, use the loo and have a shave and shower. All for the cost of the swim. Would make for a really cheap holiday. Edited by john
better ways of phrasing that action IE using the Loo!
Posted

My brother did an Explore holiday and loved it so much he has done a few since. You can see who is booked on age wise so can see if you will get on.

 

I went on a sailing holiday (I do sail anyway) on my own to Greece. It was great, hated the first night as like you had no confidence and wasnt social as most went over as a group. The days are all planned so you soon get to know each other, that was with Neilson Holidays.

 

I have also been to Dublin, booked flight, and then hotel separate. Hated it, planned to do the bus tour, which I did, then err that was about it. Had no confidence to do anything else.

 

So my advice, book something that you will have a schedule for each day, and with a tour company, that way you will have things going on each day to do.

Posted
Thailand is the place to go, I know its got the stigma of prostitution and all that but it's a beautiful country and the people look after you, very little crime there and very cheap.
Posted
Thailand is the place to go, I know its got the stigma of prostitution and all that but it's a beautiful country and the people look after you, very little crime there and very cheap.

 

And there are prostitutes ;)

Posted
I go away as a single ever year, I tend to go to London as I love it down there, I either stay in a hotel or rent an apartment in the city (was near Tower Bridge last year) and its great, I do what I want when I want and how I want, cook for myself etc So I go to the theatre, museums, tours around the place, get up at 4am to photograph the sun rise and walk around all night till it sets, photograph it in the night showing London all light up etc :) Just find a location and go :)
Posted
I think i would like to do a holiday on my own where i can meet new people and groups of people as my biggest worry is i get there, and am just on my own.
Posted

I have been with explore to Norway and Italy and on both occasions the group was about 12 or so people approx half were couples and the other half single people.

 

As long as you are ok with chatting with people you should get on ok.

 

Also try exodus (thinking of trying them next as they seem to be more open about how things are on the holidays - try reading the forums)

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...