-
Posts
554 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ThatBoringBloke
-
I leave it as it is. Use GPO's to lock down places that people shouldn't be going. Use a script to put a folder with all of the shortcuts people need in it on their desktops. They can either go through my folder, or they can search the start menu. Saves trying to get a custom start menu working with each new update as a lot of people seem to have to do.
-
SQL 2012 with Sp4 is supported until spring 2022 according to the SIMS Technical Roadmap I had the same concerns a few months ago.
-
[ltsb, 1607] ADBA woes... why won't you activate anymore !!
ThatBoringBloke replied to mikkydoos's topic in Windows 10
I'm pleased someone else is experiencing similar, though we haven't changed our licensing recently. Our 1809 LTSC machines (which I have just started rolling out) seem to work fine when first deployed and added to the domain (ADBA). They seem to come up as activated straight away and all is well, or so I thought. Rolling out the February Cumulative update onto the machines seems to deactivate the licence and we are getting similar issues as you are. Our 2016 LTSB machines seem to be fine. EDIT: Our 1607 machines are KMS activated not ADBA. -
Thats me out of ideas then. Roaming profile with a sign in to an alternate Google account lurking somewhere?
-
Have you checked the web filter to see if it is doing something account related?
-
We have an MFD contract with Konica (engineers are based in Sunderland). Its been spot on over the last 18 months and cost effective, we have even added to it with extra devices.
-
Take a look at this thread which pretty much asked the same question last week. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-10/202036-today-my-last-day-using-win-7-a.html
-
Great piece of software. I'd struggle to get things done without it. Since I deploy pretty much everything out through it, including Windows updates. I pay for a single admin licence and have it installed on one of our servers, that way any admin could access it if we ever happen to have anyone more than just myself.
-
Classroom management
ThatBoringBloke replied to Berttielp's topic in Network and Classroom Management
AB Tutor -
Our build process is simple. When I say our, I mean my, since I'm on my own. Light weight 'base' image - OS (without any customisation), Office 2016, and an old version of Photoshop that I couldn't get to deploy. Sysprep and upload to WDS Deploy image straight from WDS with an unattend file. PDQ Deploy everything else including updates. Job done.
-
The Amsterdam Marathon is on Sunday, so be aware of roads being closed.
-
Why's it been pulled? Sorry - Must have missed this news!
-
Seems to be missing from the VLSC. Was there the other day. Anyone else missing it or just me? Ta.
-
Having just been asked to source one only to discover their cost I'd like to know the answer to this too!
-
Ok, so I can find things on t'internet about this from 2016, but this has only just started happening, so I'd like to know if its affecting everyone or just my systems. Share a file or folder in G-Suite and copy / paste the link into MS Word (any version, I have tired different ones) then Ctrl+Click the link. Does it work? Ours have recently (only noticed this week) started to go to an Unsupported browser page. URLs to other sites work fine Browsers are up to date IE and Chrome Copy and Paste the link into the browser and it works. As I said, there are things on t'internet about this from 2016, but its only just started happening here. Has an update messed things up? Is it just me?
-
Ahh, so its Spring 2020, not 2019. TFFT!
-
As much as I'd love to make the move to a hosted solution I'm not sure its justifiable to out SLT at this moment.
-
Quick bit of advice please guys. Our current SIMS server is running 2008r2 and SQL 2012. It is my understanding that this will no longer be supported from the Spring 2019 release of SIMS. At Half Term I was planning on putting a new server in place with Server 2016 and SQL 2017. So that it would be as up to date and future proof as possible. I have been told however that Capita do not yet support SQL 2017 and SQL 2016 will no longer be supported from the Autumn release, however SQL 2016 R1 SP1 will be supported until Spring 2020. My question is, I suppose, what would you do? If I upgrade SQL to 2016 R1 SP1 I will be in the same situation this time next year in that I will need to upgrade. Something I don't wish to have to do.
-
I manually PXE boot the machines. This way I can also check that they have working keyboards and mice attached.
-
WDS 'lightweight' 'fat' image (OS and Office). PDQ Deploy for everything else.
-
Personally, Copper. For both cost and ease.
-
IT Support department structure
ThatBoringBloke replied to Rockpile99's topic in Learning Network Manager
Comp. 800 Students. 100 Staff. 9 servers. 300 PC's. 100 Chromebooks. Me. -
Depends massively on what you're looking for. Do you want Tier 1 Branded servers, or 'self' brand ones? We have just had a couple of custom branded ones from Red Cat Servers
-
Problems installing Google File Stream
ThatBoringBloke replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
Are the older laptops Win 7 32bit? If so File Stream is not supported. -
Some words of advise - Don't give out BitLocker encrypted devices to folks who use Mac's at home...
