Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ThatBoringBloke

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    554
  • Joined

Everything posted by ThatBoringBloke

  1. Agreed, which is the sole reason that I signed up as an AMBCS, to say that I belong to a profession. I don't do the local groups or conferences or anything other than pay up my £50ish each year. Sure I am eligable for MBCS status, but why do I need to go any higher?
  2. its unlikely to be anything to do with the functional level upgrade since this affects only dc's. have you tried re-attaching the laptop to the domain?
  3. I think that what the admins are suggesting is that you have the choice, those that pay wouldn't get to see the ad's. those that don't pay still see them. throw that in with some other 'premium member' bebefits and I think that you're on to something good.
  4. Welcome!
  5. Bufallo wireless cards seem to work ok for me.
  6. For those of you in Durham.....I'm at ITSS.......Run's away.......
  7. I'm an AMBCS. Not sure why though.
  8. Undfortunately paying only for the clients and the CALS is more expensive than paying for the desktop thingy.
  9. I'm sad.
  10. Care to share the script or where you got it from? thanks!
  11. Kerry, have you logged the call with ITSS? Can't find it in the system.
  12. I live and work in Durham.
  13. Hello chaps!
  14. ThatBoringBloke

    Sunderland BSF

    Probably not, since this contract is only with the BSF schools all of the other schools, primaries etc remain unaffected and will still deal with EDIT or whoever.
  15. I personally prefer VMWare, but used to use Parallels. The main thing that I think VMWare has going for it is that the VM's can be used on any other of the VMWare products. You can do the same for the Parallels ones I believe, but I don't know of many people who use the winodws version of Parallels. Parallels do however have the advantage of being involved with Mac's for a lot longer though.
  16. Are you using the GPMC? With it you can see exactly what policies are being applied.
  17. Its a done deal! 8)
  18. I'm there on the 9th!
  19. Laughing @ webman! coz I know the internal politice of it all! 8)
  20. Yep. We have it in place for testing internally here. They did us a good sale so we bought the kit for us to evaluate internally. We have since discovered that it doesn't work with Fujitsu laptops or EDA's. One thing is strange - They are the only people who offer this type of solution. If it works so well surely one of the big boys would pick up on the idea?
  21. Why is there a driver in the Ranger directory?
  22. Personally I'm not a fan of the new Account Manager and like to do things using RAM v1 where I still can. Most schools That I go into who run Ranger prefer it too. Why? - Because it is very simple and straight forward to use.
  23. As long as you use the Group Policy Management Console it allows you to do exactly that.
  24. I used both parallels and Fusion. During the beta stages of Fusion I preferred parallels, but since its release as version one I much prefer Fusion.
×
×
  • Create New...