-
Posts
554 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ThatBoringBloke
-
Calling Network Managers at independent schools...
ThatBoringBloke replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in General Chat
Job Description Network Manager Responsible to • Business Manager : overall duties and responsibilities • Headteacher : Specified duties and responsibilities Responsible for managing : ICT Technician Responsible for liaison with: All users of school premises, including staff, Governors, students, contractors and other schools. Salary: Scale 6 Job Purpose • To manage the school’s ICT network • To ensure the provision of timely and effective technical support to teaching and administrative staff throughout the school • To ensure the ICT equipment is available for teaching staff and other users of the school when requested This job description will be reviewed annually and is set in the context of the aims of the school and the current school improvement plan. Outline tasks In carrying out all or any of the following tasks the post holder will be expected to pay due regard to the School’s policies. The post holder will be expected to carry out any reasonable tasks required which falls within the scope of the purpose of the post. The main tasks, which may change through the natural development of the post, are: 1 Manage the upkeep and development of the school’s computer networks. 2 Ensure the proper maintenance and installation of ICT equipment in order to support the effective delivery of the curriculum in the classroom and the administrative needs of the school. 3 To keep up-to-date on current ICT developments in industry and education. 4 Encourage the use of alternative ideas for using ICT in the curriculum 5 Plan the strategic development of ICT in school 6 Provide support to other feeder schools 7 Manage appropriate and effective use of Electronic Communication Systems – Internet and Intranet, including development and upkeep of web page 8 Advise the School Leadership Team and the Governing Body on the appropriate expansion of the school’s network 9 Ensure the school receives value for money from ICT purchases 10 To prepare reports for the Head Teacher and Governing Body as requested 11 To monitor the work of outside contractors to ensure the required standards are met. 12 To participate in relevant training 13 Manage and develop ICT Technician(s) 14 Management of ICT supplies budget 15 Development and support of School VLE (FRONTER) -
We use NEC, we also use NEC PC's! :?
-
What happens in three years time though when the kit needs replacing and there isn't the budget?
-
Something along the lines of a Dell PowerEdge 2900 with dual PSU's, Dual Processors, etc should do what you want. Cost should be somewhere along the lines of £5k.
-
Personaly I do them prior to imaging.
-
We have been give £18k to spend on Hardware. It must be spent on hard ware, and our Leased PC's cannot come out of this pot of money, that comes from elsewhere. At the minute I'm a little unsure about what we are going to spend the money on! Other than peripherals and replacing a few staff laptops ( they'll get the cheapest ones I can find!) I'm lost! Our lease replacement cycle is inplace and funded elsewhere. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what our 'ICT Strategy Team' meeting decides is wanted. If we ever have a meeting that is!
-
Oundle school is a private boarding school, hence why I think the £60k salary. I know their Asst. Net. Manager.
-
Start the day off (usually) with a shirt and tie, as the day progresses the tie tends to come off and I'll go open collar. If I have any meetings or important 'professional looking stuff to do then the tie goes back on. Never wear a suit, don't own one anymore. Only problem at this place with going open collar is that we have name badges on dangly things to wear. they look damn silly without a tie on.
-
Have you had a look on http://www.sector1.net ?
-
Aaaaargh! Laptops and kids! 8O About 25 here, but they are slowly becoming obsolete (hurray!). When I first started here we had almost 100 laptops for students, suprisingly they have retired!
-
Nice one. Closed source does have some advantages then!
-
Welcome back. Don't think that I've experienced any bullying, so can't really help.
-
Ranger Account Manager 2
ThatBoringBloke replied to ThatBoringBloke's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Thanks Mark, I did install it and successfully activate it, but on using it I found it was actually harder to do things than in RAM Classic, so for now I have switched back to that. Sentinel have told me that there is a help guide for RAM2's use, but it is still in production and is expected to be released next month. -
Has anyone installed it yet? How do you find it?
-
Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 repair guide/service manual
ThatBoringBloke replied to webman's topic in Hardware
Be a real Tech - Take it to bits blind! :twisted: -
I didn't realy pay much attention to mine. Just thought 'oooh this looks nice', and then 'How much *x*/>!'
-
basic and keySKILLBUILDER
ThatBoringBloke replied to ThatBoringBloke's topic in Educational Software
Just the application package. One piece of SW has never given me so much grief! :x -
Has anyone tried installing the above onto a Ranger Network? I can get it to work without Ranger, but as soon as I bring Ranger into the equation it no longer works? :?
-
How do I reset a Buffalo G54 Air Station
ThatBoringBloke replied to paulpmp4's topic in Wireless Networks
the default settings for the buffalo kit is a username of root with no password. have you tried this through the web interface? -
Jack's 12. This is obviously for his home network.
-
At the login screen press ctrl+alt+del. The 'Normal Login Screen' should appear.
-
All my sw is either legit or Open Source!
-
Are all of the programs listed on there legit? Or a re you simply spamming your site?
-
I find that hitting the gym, when time permits, helps me destress from a day at school. Something about pounding the crap out of a punch bag............
-
Ranger Suite/Remote Control
ThatBoringBloke replied to philpayton's topic in Network and Classroom Management
We use both. Don't have any problems.
