Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ThatBoringBloke

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    554
  • Joined

Everything posted by ThatBoringBloke

  1. We gave them Wifi access for their devices and a pc with a login to the school network to access the information they required (Policies were on a shared drive at the time).
  2. You're not alone. I'm having simillar issues, just haven't managed yet to fully put together a work flow of what is and what isn't working. Issues only started happening since Oct Update on 2016 Servers and 1809 LTSC clients. I'll come back to it tomorrow...
  3. Old fashioned 'Golden' images aren't really ideal for Win 10. That said though We do have a lightweight 'Golden' image which simply includes the OS, Office 2019 and Chrome for deployment via WDS. The image machine is a VM, it does not join the domain, and I do not install any updates to it. I also revert the VM after sysprepping to keep the count down. Upon deployment we use PDQ Deploy to update and install software.
  4. I run LTSC on our Workstations. We now have more Chromebooks than we do workstations (300PC's, 400 Chromebooks) We are a Google school. I am a one man band. I need the reliability and stability that LTSC offers. I control and push updates via PDQ.
  5. As above we have this set on student Chromebooks. Staff have their own allocated one, so its not set.
  6. "you have six weeks to complete all your jobs, how can you sya that you're too busy?" "Actually I'm off for three weeks, so there's only three weeks to do six worth of work".
  7. Are you by any chance signed into Chrome with an organisation email address?
  8. 24,000 files affected! I'm opting for the leave it alone and let them re-share when the time comes if they need access.
  9. Exactly that. a Hidden shared folder. Not ideal, because it 'could' be compromised, but with the right permissions it works.
  10. Backup Assist (coz it just works) to a Windows server with some big hard disks in it located in another physical building. Weekly backups of our HyperV hosts. Redstore Cloud backup of AD and SIMS daily. Shaddow copies enabled on servers. Annual backup to a USB drive.
  11. Provided that the clients are turned on and online you can do it from SOLUS. EDIT: Doesn't actually remove SIMS, just the SOLUS Agent. The program itself will still be installed.
  12. https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/204910064-UniFi-Upgrade-the-Firmware-of-a-UniFi-Device#SSH This is how I tend to downgrade ours after an upgrade has gone wrong! Always give one AP a try first rather than just risking it and hoping that the upgrades work!
  13. Have you spoken with any licensing specialists? @johnlevis at Very-PC sent me spreadsheet to fill in and then came back to me with the cost options. It really was that simple.
  14. Strangely I'm going the other way as Std Licencing was far cheaper than DC. It's not an officially supported route (AFAIK) but it seems pretty straight forward. How to Downgrade Windows Server Datacenter to Standard Edition? | Windows OS Hub
  15. where do the drives map to? does that location still exist? how are the drives mapped for the users? whats changed?
  16. not free, but we have one of these. https://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-c4/usb-converters-c213/usb-3-1-gen-2-docking-clone-station-p10027 have used it for years. great bit of kit.
  17. You say you have Unifi Wifi, do you know what version the Access Point is running on? This sounds like an issue with the firmware on the AP.
  18. You mean I have to write about it as well as keep it running!?
  19. My school doesn't have an IT department. They have me, me alone, and only me. If I break, the school breaks. Good job I have everything erm... 'documented'!
  20. We only allow approved ones to be installed and push a lot of these out via the admin console. Some don't need to be installed for everyone so we allow them but don't force install them.
  21. You can plug it into a PC and use iTunes to reset. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/itunes/itnsdb1fe305/windows
  22. So, before I've had the opportunity to investigate this further it seems to have stopped happening. This could be because there were 15+ users in the sheet at once this morning and now there aren't but I can't confirm yet...
  23. Its the sheet. If you change tabs and come back to the sheet its still there. refreshing the sheet (f5), still there close and re-open, fixed short term. (There's nothing displayed that could identify anyone on the image)
  24. Any ideas? Closing the Sheet and re-openning temporarilly fixes, but problem re-occurrs. Have tried Googling, but I'm not sure what I'm actually googling for? Black patches?
  25. For my site it was an AP AC Lite
×
×
  • Create New...