sukh
Members-
Posts
2,161 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sukh
-
I'm sure there other products out there, but the ones I have used are Symantec EV & Zantez. Archives your file to tier 3 storage and leave a pointer behind (Stub) behind which users access and then the documents os retrived. Sukh
-
1. Try via OWA and see if the issue exists 2. Try sending in Outlook in safe mode and try. Sukh
-
Exchange 2010 and WS2008R2 Datacenter question
sukh replied to pnlrogue1's topic in Enterprise Software
Theoretically speaking, it should be supported for “Schema master” and “Global catalog server”. However, it indeed isnt included in the list by official article. I have asked the product team to verify but in my experience is should be fine. Sukh- 10 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- exchange 2010
- server 2008 r2
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Depends on what verison of exchange you can create resource mailboxes. Managing Resource Mailboxes and Scheduling: Exchange 2010 SP1 Help Create a Room or Equipment Mailbox: Exchange 2010 SP1 Help
-
"Precisely: They're based on the risks I've experienced in the bit of the real-world I experience. They're also based on my default "less is more" approach - add a second DC and your system is now more complex, it can break in interesting new ways etc." I hear you, BUT the risk is still there. Like I say, if youre scholl doesnt mind the downtime then do it. Adding a second DC may involve more admn, i,.e backups, patches, SP, upgardes, but these out weigh the fact that if a DC is down and you have no other, then you simply can work, users or staff. Having 2 DC than one is always good, I cant hink of a reason not to. In my experience, having one DC when you have a chance to have two, you should do so. A system doesnt just break, espicially DC. Some makes a change to the DC then they break. Industry best practise is from all sectors and industires, public and private. In this case, we are referring to a DC, which clearly in my opinion is best practise. Sukh
-
@PiqueABoo That is interesting, but your post seems to be based on probabilities. If this is acceptable to the school then it's fine. If a school can tolerate downtime for whatever length of time, then make sure you have that agreement in writing or is known. Where I have deployed DC, it's always been a min of 2. It not only MSFT best practise but industry best practise. However, if you're limited to budget or hardware, then I guess you cant do much. Sukh
-
use a transport rule. Sukh
-
If both sevrers are GC, then your DC will stil lbe available and be able to serve logon request/authentication. It can still provide access to the network and resources. You don't always need to transfer the roles across, You probably wont notice that some arent working unless your performing a specific action/task, for e.g, the schema master, you wont know until say, you were going to deploy Exchange and you coundt update the scheme. As well with config. These are forest wide roles. The only issue I can see you may have is with the PDC emulator which you can seize and move via NTDSUTIL. Depends on the state of the DC failure. If one server goes down, then you should be OK. As your other DC should continue to provide services, Need to make sure this DC is alos a DNS/DHCP too. Sukh
-
If you're using exch 2007/2010, create equipment/resource mailboxes
-
They will need to be setup with your new ISP unless they have a system intergration app which can do it for you. Sukh
-
1. What exactly is the issue you're having? 2. Can you access OWA externally? 3. Active Synch is enabled for USERS by default. 4. I assuming you're saying it's enabled on the Exchange server which sits on 2008R2... 5. Have you or Cleo setup an external namespace for email, i.e OWA 6. Run the EXRCA https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ choose active sycn and post/PM me the results. Sukh
-
If it's greyout then ,more liley it's a GPO, however that URL can be via GPO and in profile, IEAK, Manual deployment of reg kets etc....so if you want to just change the URL, then do a gpresult and check your profile, then start looking at reg keys. Sukh
-
Exchange 2007 ~ No External Email coming in, how to test?
sukh replied to chazzy2501's topic in Windows
1. If you're referring to transactions logs which caused the c@ drive to get full then you can move some off to a network share, leave the last 1 hours worht on there and MOVE the other to another location. Then perform a FULL backup. That is if this is the cause of your issue. -
1. So the issue s getting to this one server only 2. Have you enabled RDP to this server? 3. has it ever worked? 4. Telnet to 3389, do you get a response, i.e black screen? 5. Any errors in logs when you try to RDP on target? 6. Run netstat - n and see if 3380 is ampped locally on server IP. Sukh
-
@matt Back up a Group Policy object using GPMC: Group Policy Similar for W2K8 Sukh
-
I agree what Bio says, when I looked at the file I saw the same. @gareth - Can you enable logging for me as per KB and send/post me the logs. Do this on a problem machine. Fixing Group Policy problems by using log files: Group Policy Thanks Sukh
-
As mentioned above, you dont need to, but why not? Have you got application dependencies on the 2003 Scheme? If not, then do it, will have to at some point. Sukh
-
why weren't you happy ? what issue did you have? Sukh
- 3 replies
-
- south east
- support
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Good idea, however if you have two DC's, hopefully you won't need to bar the FSMO roles should they fail. You should never be in a position where you have to do a full AD recovery if processes are in place. Sukh
-
@david If we're talking just about Exchange then we have HA here, if we bring virtualisation into this, then we're looking at something completly different. If you have virtualisation deployed then yes, this can work, however if you dont then this brings in extra costs. Also, normal virtualisation (depends on what vendor you are using),you have to buy additional licenses to activate or use this feature. Even then, you will need some sort of replication between the two hosts, if using a SAN, then you will need further software, and possibly a license to use replications. Even comparing Exch with other servers, I have just mentioed a few things here. The amount of users on an Exchange platform has to be a reason why it's chosen. Even live@edu which I see many schools are using runs off Exchange. I'm not too sure how Send mail, cant comment. But you can use regular expressions with Exch.
-
+1 - When you using BES, it's secure all the way up to your BES router, from here, the next hop os the BES NOC, which again is secure. Then to your device. Also, you do have control, what control dont you have, if you dont, then I'd choose the appropiate 3rd party. Sukh
-
@SYNACK I agree/disagree. I've used BES and one thing I can relate to is the logs. They are rubbish. However, it does what it's supposed to. Works nicely and like with every product there are good/bad points. Support I've had has been extremly good. Not sure on your experience. When I call RIM, I get an anser straight away. Another option to use Exch is you can use EAS (active-synch) which is covered by your CAL. There's a pluggin for so that BB can use it too. No need for any addtional infrastructure. S
-
@david There's a number of benefits, dont know where to start. A simple one, redundacny. 2010 offer redundacny at the database level and hardware level. I've seen a few posts here where the school email server might go down. If you're school doesn't mind then fair enough, you can then use any free email system. WIth 2010 you can have multiple copies of your database across multiple servers, across multiple sites. Should a server failure occur, database failure or even a site failure, your email is still availalble. There's a big performance improvement from 2003, in terms on IOPS, which leads to lower RPC latency and a better user experience. You have transport rules which can be implemented, for e.g preventing staff of users sending out confidential information via email to their personal email accounts. Sukh
-
maybe you can post the results or PM me. Has this ever worked? Where did you run inbound from?
-
1. Not sure what MS agreement you're on and what your budget is, but I'd go for the Exchange option, not only will you achieve you goal but the extra benefits you get will be a advantage over what you're using. Sukh
