Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sukh

Members
  • Posts

    2,161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sukh

  1. Looking into this bear with me. Sukh
  2. cantr see your second post, give me the link
  3. dont make sense, can you post the script. Thanks S
  4. 1. You can use the GUI to do this. 2. You're using a script "Full Server Backup.bks" - You need to check in there what it's backing up. Sukh
  5. as suggested by plexer use the built in WIndows backup. Better still, I'd recommend that you have a minimum of 2 DC in any domain for HA/FT. AD is the core of your infrastructure, make sure it is HA. Sukh
  6. @plexer - Correct. I assume there InspireICT knows. Also restoring an image can have others side effects which can destroy your entore AD which I assume InspirtICT is aware of. Sukh
  7. 1. How many DC's in your env? 2. How many domains/forest? 3. You should not restores a DC using a image. Sukh
  8. 1. Smarthosts is just another 'hop' the exchange server forwards emails to to deliever email. I suspect the reasons why you have this configured is so that additional AV/AS is completed by whoever owns this smarthost. 2. Is the issue still there? 3. If you're using the smarthost, confirm with them what type of smart host it is and if there's any HA? 4. If they have confirmed there's an issue with the smarthost, then there's nothing you can do, except bring it in house :-) Sukh
  9. If you still have the issue... 1. Up the logging on your send connector and set to verbose. Post/PM the results 2. Seems like you're using a smart host to send out, perform telnet test to both smart hosts and out the results here Sukh
  10. @Rabbie Both Antigen and FPE use multiple engines. I've seen cases whereby all engines have been selected and performnace settings have noe been tweaked. I'd recommend using one engine for updates and for scanning. There's a number of settings which you can play with to tweak performance. See the link below. I've used this in the past many times. Check out section 2.1 Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) Capacity Planning Guidance v. 2 - Microsoft Forefront Server Protection Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs I'd also use the planning tool to get a good idea on performance. Download details: Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server Capacity Planning Tool Sukh
  11. Hi Sent PM. Sukh
  12. Let me know, as I'm trying to reproduce Thanks S
  13. @Rabbie spamhaus blocklist is just one blacklist. Although it is maintained, it is not up to date in realtime and wont pickup new threats/AS sources unless they have been reported. Whereas using FPE 2010 uses other engines to identify AS too. FPE 2010 uses clourmark (on top of my head) and others too. I wouldn't just use spamhaus blocklist as a layer of defense from spam. This needs to be combined with configurations, such as SPF records, reverse DNS, and a commercial SPAM product. Sukh
  14. OK. What devices have you restarted, which causes the static route to fail? Can you details the steps that you take? I assume the route is a persistant route? Sukh
  15. Np, glad it's resolved
  16. Sharepoint is a good place to start, but costs are involved Sukh
  17. I assume you are using GPP to deploye the printers and they machine based andnot user based?
  18. Glad it worked Cheers S
  19. BAC80680ACF0C1B521F8DD69D832BDB591873DD9 - This is the only which which is invalid. That expired, the one you renewed today is fine. Except you have not bound it to IIS. Are you still having an issue with sending emails? If yes do you get any NDR's? Sukh
  20. I would restart your MS Exchange services again. Get-ExchangeCertificate | fl >c:\exchcert.txt Post/PM me the details Sukh
  21. @ben use the -IncludeFolders and -ExcludeFolders. By default all system folders are exported, i.e calendar, inbox, contacts etc.. So exclude the system folders, "-ExcludeFolders "\Junk E-Mail","\Contacts" etc.. etc.. Sukh
  22. Is this a self signed certificate? See below. Exchange Server 2007: Renewing the self-signed certificate | Exchangepedia Sukh
  23. Hi 1. Is this issue for all users or some? 2. If this is for some, is this a member of a privledge group such as domain admins, if so remove them 3. If this is for all users, can you test via OWA, 4. If this still fails, we can up the logging on Exchange for SMTP and see what's going on. Sukh
  24. Check the print queues and clear anyting in the queue. May have been an old job waiting in the queue which never actually printed. Restart the spooler on the server hosting the print queue. Sukh
  25. See below and see inheritance. Customize navigation links on the Quick Launch - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
×
×
  • Create New...