Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Reboot_IT

Members
  • Posts

    87
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reboot_IT

  1. Have you deleted their user folder in the C Drive or fully removed all traces of their profile? I usually use Delprof for this.
  2. Hello, We have quite a lot and haven't had this before (fingers crossed). What model Ctouch do you have? Thanks
  3. What about a Bio-Ethanol free-standing fire?
  4. That all makes sense to me. If the school can show the ICO they have undertaken certain measures to become GPDR compliant and the individual has breached their contract/ignored training etc. I can't imagine the school would be fined. I may be very wrong though!
  5. Hello, Please can somebody provide some advice. We have a new member of SLT at one of our secondary schools who wants to implement Mailchimp for sending things to parents. This is to reduce the amount of paper and record statistics for who is reading the email etc. They all sound like good enough reasons however I have my concerns. Unless somebody else knows otherwise, a CSV will be required to upload parent email addresses which requires a manual intervention (not ideal) and difficult to keep up to date. The software company is based in the USA which means it's likely the data will be stored there. Isn't that an issue with regards to GDPR and data being kept outside of the EU (please don't move onto brexit debates!) or is that a myth? If anybody knows of a readily made alternative to this - that would be fantastic. Thanks, Karl
  6. Make a good case for the Interactive Screens that will appeal to SLT. - Massive improvement on image quality - Less breakdowns - Longer warranty - Lower running costs in terms of replacement bulbs and energy - Better functionality We have got 65inch at our Primary schools and 75inch at our Secondaries and those sizes seem to work fine for us.
  7. Hello, Does anybody know if there is a specific policy/legislation regarding this? Thanks
  8. We use Snipe IT too. Highly recommended, we used PS Asset Manager before and it's a big improvement and a decent cost saving on that.
  9. I've had the Samsung Galaxy watch since Christmas and I like it a lot. Seems pretty hard wearing too (I knock it a lot). It's just had an OS update which has improved the visuals too. Most people think it's a standard watch depending on the watch face I set.
  10. Yes they did mention that. We use GSuite anyway but It's quite important that we can provide that to users.
  11. We had the Arbor demo and was pretty impressed with the overview we were given. Something disappointing was that there doesn't seem a way to offer SSO to staff and integrate with Federation Services. Has anyone else had this discussion or come across this when migrating or looking at migrating? I'm waiting on their programming team getting back to me with more information.
  12. We have Arbor in this week as well. I supported a couple of schools that used RMIntegris previously and I really liked it but I thought of it as more of a primary school product rather than secondary. Here are some of the features demonstrated that I found interesting: - easy to use, user friendly interface which is customisable - Works across many devices and operating systems - login with Google/Microsoft - Video training guides linked so people can try and solve their own problems (in an ideal world!) - Lots of built in features that we pay separate companies for with SIMS (events and booking package, safeguarding, self-service for parents, parent payment (probably more!) One of the big ones for us is the ability to report across the MAT and Bromcom seems to have this nailed.
  13. Hello everyone, Just a quick update. We've just had Bromcom in for a demonstration and had key stakeholders from our schools (CEO, data managers, headteachers and Deputies) and it went down very well. We have Arbor in next week!
  14. Are you wanting the same company to do this top to bottom (quote, supply, configure and install)? I usually get quotes from suppliers for the devices, configure them on receipt then get a local installation company to physically put them on walls.
  15. I'm also in the North-west and I haven't had any issues.
  16. Check the Windows Firewall is disabled.
  17. Not all new builds are bad. I bought mine 3 years ago and had a pretty good experience really. As expected, there were snags which the builder (Seddon Homes) rectified and we've just sold it on for a very decent profit. With any home improvements, I usually ask if there will be ROI. If an extension will add value and make the home more suitable for you, I don't see a problem. Mine is Leashold too, many people have made changes such as extensions and it hasn't been a problem.
  18. Hello, Apologies if this seems like a duplication of my last post regarding Arbor, but I wanted a clear separation between Bromcom and Arbor. We're a small MAT consisting of both Secondary and Primary Schools. We have SIMS at the moment and are looking at moving to something a bit more FFP! We have scheduled Bromcom in for a demonstration in a couple of weeks. If people can give me any feedback on their transition and any issues they faced it would be much appreciated. Positive experiences are welcomed as well. We'd like to be able to give them examples of potential road humps we may come across and get them to explain how we'll get over them! Thanks in advance.
  19. Hello, We're a small MAT consisting of both Secondary and Primary Schools. We have SIMS at the moment and are looking at moving to something a bit more FFP! We have them scheduled Arbor for a demonstration in a couple of weeks. If people can give me any feedback on their transition and any issues they faced it would be much appreciated. Positive experiences are welcomed as well. We'd like to be able to give them examples of potential road humps we may come across and get them to explain how we'll get over them! Thanks in advance.
  20. Just finished Ricky Gervais' After Life. I can't recommend it highly enough. My Fiance isn't his biggest fan but she loved it too.
  21. I did Level 3 ILM a few years ago as I started my first role as a leader/manager and found it worthwhile.
  22. Have you checked recruitment sites and read a Job/person spec? They can be vague but it may help summarise the role in general!
  23. I've worked in schools with Desktop PC's in classrooms and laptops with docks. Something to bare in mind, we provided a "one cable solution" however this still didn't fully take away user error in connecting the laptop to the screen. Users would then fiddle with the cables from the faceplate to the dock which was also frustrating and it took quite a chunk of our time up to resolve! In that environment there was a lot of staff movement in terms of from one classroom to another, as well as a lot of supply staff so it may suit your environment more!
  24. Struggling here too!
  25. My Guess: CWVGV-B6MY8-Y8WQ4
×
×
  • Create New...