-
Posts
2,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by supportman
-
I just insulated a part of our loft with a new 175mm insulation roll ontop of the old 100mm stuff. Its amazing the difference its made to the warmth of the whole house. Took a couple of hours to do and cost less than £150 in materials. I also used loft legs to raise the boarding to make space. Now I just need to get the other half to move all her boxes of clothes to do the rest!
-
Yeh thats about right, wholesale gas prices have become stable at about 110% increase! Wholesale market indicators | Ofgem
-
I tested a lot of the options and found Splashtop to be the best. I like how it works over standard web ports, It's very fast and smooth and 2 factor authentication by default. Not bad at all for £80 a year.
-
WTF thats 6 years ago. Buying new Graphics card is a mad business haha
-
Refreshingly honest! No problems here we've noticed.
-
Education version is the same as enterprise I believe.
-
Senso.cloud alternatives - Had enough
supportman replied to TheRobins's topic in Network and Classroom Management
We recentenly moved from Senso to ABtutor (they have a new cloud version in testing if you ask them nicely). It works very well and has the advantage of a cloud connection to a local client so faster than senso, but does need the client installing on teacher computers. There is no need to install the central server from their older product. Testing has gone very well, its going to be great when finally released. -
It's a brilliant engineering project that I have followed all the way through. I know people moan about it being late or over budget but really with this kind of project there is no way to know exact timescales or budgets. It really is a feat of british engineering and very impressive. The stations, entry and exit and sheer speed of the thing are going to be awesome. Best thing is I now have another line option into London where I live for whent he GWR goes down!
-
Cool, just seen I had already done that with our seperate disclaimer mail rule thanks for the reminder!!
-
Yeh I've seen the brute force attacks in real time on the RDP server so am happy its gone now. I don't want to bring it back, even with more security. I really am just looking for an admin only solution, all our staff have no need any more.
-
Has anyone found a way to only do this once on initial email? rather than every reply...
-
I always find it amazing that Office 365 can't do this nicely. We created a signature template in Microsoft Word with image links hosted on our website. We then saved that as an HTML file then sent out the link to everyone. All they have to do is copy and paste into their signature files or we can do it for them remotely (if using outlook client, it saves the signature in their appdata folder so can do a c$/users access) I looked into autmated solutions but all cost over 1k a year!!
-
Good morning all, I've just had the pleasure of turning off RDP for the final time which has served us well but its clearly insecure in this day and age. This means as a network admin I also no longer have remote acccess. So while our teachers are now all cloud based and not an issue, what are people to have Admin access to their networks these days? Is there some good software out there that will allow screen sharing and server traversing in a secure way? I'd be interested...
-
Its about 3k I believe. Actually cheaper than Nova-T6 (if you buy it independently from Sims).
-
Looked good when we took a look at it. But if my memory serves me correctly, they were still working on a cloud product and it was all still pc based.
-
Lets hope it gets bumped up the priorities list, we also can't use the Bromcom solution for this reason. It's very out of date and needs a new system.
-
[video] Cassetteboy - Rage Against the Party Machine
supportman replied to Arthur's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I'm a big boris supporter but absolutely love these, very funny -
This is an old thread and it's 2022, nobody should be using RDP in public really. Especially on the default port of 3389. There are far too many vulnerabilities. It is an open door for ransomware.
-
To be honest all the big private equity companies are doing this. IRIS is the same, its all about creating a single support hub for all the products under their ownership therefor reducing costs. For info, both Arbor and Bromcom have direct support telephone numbers with well trained people on the line. There is another way
-
How much????
-
Has anyone used Newline RS+ Series screens here? EDIT: Oh maybe not hmm yet @Oaktech disagrees. Interesting... Anyone using Newline RS boards? Recommend ? (edugeek.net)
-
Yeh would be nice but don't really have the time to do that, need something quick as we have broken equipment. Can the viewsonics do wireless transmission from the laptop? Any idea what model numbers? These are the ones we are looking at, They seem very good value ViewSonic IFP7550-3 ViewBoard® 75" 4K Interactive Display
-
Hi all, Just looking to upgrade 3 classrooms with 75" interactive touch screens. Whats the latest brands and models that a good these days?
-
Interesting graphic released on Bromcoms twitter today. I think its slightly scewed by some big Mats they have but interesting all the same.
