Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

supportman

Members
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by supportman

  1. I run a side business dealing in sports data and this would quite literally destroy my business model (cheap sports API via patreon). Hopefully the government will replace GDPR like they have promised in the past. This is a complete unintended consiquence to an idea that was always flawed. The individual never wins from more beurocracy, just the rich and important people
  2. What do you hate? I moved the start button back to the left and it feels pretty identical to Windows 10 again. The new settings are a big improvement. Can't think of much else that annoys me other than the lack of text labels on apps in the taskbar. I'm sure they will add that option back though at some point after feedback.
  3. I've just tried Windows 11 in place upgrade with the assistant app and it goes right through to the reboot stage but then fails and rolls back changes. I've never had this issue before. I tried updating the Bios and the Intel drivers beforehand but same thing. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot it? Is there a log file somewhere?
  4. I tested it and watched all the youtube videos. Our Timetabler was also on board after watching it. Sadly we ended up buying timetabler.co.uk instead after it was needed very quickly. I'm usually not one for short term solutions, but at the time we had to get something quick. Hopefully we will go back to it in the future. Skolaris Software - YouTube
  5. We found this one which looks pretty good. Skolaris: Online school timetable software Bromcom is lacking in this area sadly.
  6. Thats interesting, we had the choice of iSams or Bromcom and chose Bromcom. We've been very happy with their support and training so far. Other than a cost for SMS and SMTP messages, we havent paid anything extra that I can think of.
  7. Had a schedualed monthly purchase of £100 worth of bitcoin for a few years now. Its worth a lot now but I don't check just to not get too excited. I'll HODL is for years, who knows what will happen but its a small monthly stable gamble for me. I invest a lot more into shares and poperty so its in a balanced portfolio.
  8. We just created the teams on Sharepoint without an associated team. Then assinged permissions with existing groups.
  9. Absolutely, i'm very happy about that one. Could cause a lot of confusion otherwise.
  10. Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)
  11. The manual download page for the upgrade assistant is now live Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)
  12. To be honest, I like the idea of simplification. Windows carries a lot of techincal debt.
  13. I thought this was a good summary Windows 11 - Lost Features : Windows11 (reddit.com)
  14. Yeh I will leave it a year first, always needs updates and service packs to make it usable at first. The dev builds seemed very messy and unfinished. Lets hope at least they release something stable and go from there.
  15. Yeh I know what you mean and your correct B5 was definitly ahead of its time, thats why I love it so much. The play between the different species of aliens is awesome. The Battlestar Galactica reboot is in my top 3 shows of all time. The topics it covered were about human survival, differences and evolution. Fantastic material. I think I love the Expanse becuase it plays on politics and power so well. I just find watching some of the latest Startreks and some other shows focus too much on identity and stereotyped characters trying a bit too hard not to offend anyone. Then again, Maybe i'm just getting old
  16. Added a few grid tie solar panels this weekend, should compensate for any increases I hope.
  17. Still love those defense cannons on the starship! Hope it doesn't end up too "woke" like some recent sky fi shows that have been rebooted.
  18. Absolutely not! Sims has been left to rot the last 5 years. So outdated compared to other products. As an example we are on Bromcom now and teachers just use the modern apple or android app in most cases to do day to day stuff, and the web interface for more involved things like reports. It works on literally any device.
  19. We're actually just moving to teams, seems quite good but licenenses are an ongoing cost. Its not massive if you share phones though for example in departments. Last thing I wanted to do was have another onsite server.
  20. Most likely Microsoft updating the security on the client side with Office 2019. Time to upgrade to cloud....
  21. Wonderful! That didnt work but put me on track. Using the -My URL without "personal" seems to work now. https://*schoolco-my.sharepoint.com/
  22. Awesome, great company to work for. We use your product all the time and find support excellent.
  23. Replacing the MIS with a modern cloud one really isnt a big deal, it took us about 3 months of talking about it then 2 weeks of actually migrating. Went very smoothly in the end. I would advise starting there before adding other cloud services as its the core of the school.
  24. supportman

    Strategy

    Most likely will skip Windows 11. I've done that with Vista and windows 8 and been very happy with that decision. No rush with things like this, we are totally cloud now so the operating system is kind moot.
  25. You should have given them a spreadsheet with all students on the left and items to buy on the right. New sheet for each day. Finance could reconcile every evening for 6hrs. easy lol
×
×
  • Create New...