Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Disaster

Members
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Disaster

  1. Would having 4 decent floor standing speaker mean that there's no need for a sub woofer?
  2. Cheers guys. Great advice and information as usual! I think I'll go down the amp route and get a couple of floor speakers to start. Home Alone at christmas is going to rock even harder!!!
  3. ala :AUNA AV2-H388 HOME CINEMA RECEIVER AMPLIFIER TUNER 1200W HDMI MIC IN RADIO AMP | eBay ???
  4. So I shall look for an AV amp with a few HDMI Ports?
  5. £200-£300 I reckon. It's my brothers PS3 and I;m not sure how long he's sticking around, I'm not particularly fussed about the Blu Ray, some have them just as part of the bundle.... Edit: here's the spec of my TVhttp://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40EH5000KXXU-spec Ta!!!
  6. and cheers for any info
  7. Alright chaps! I have a Samsung LED TV that I want to get nice surround sound for. Scenario: I have a media PC and a PC going into the TV via HDMI, lovely stuff. So now I need decent sound. I assume I should use the optical out from TV to an Amp with some nice speakers? Been looking at Home Cinema Systems that come with Blue Ray players also but many don't have optical, they have HDMI instead, but mine are being used for PS3 and PC... So what really should I be looking for? I like this but sure if I can connect everything? HT-E4550 3D Blu-ray 5.1 Channel Home Entertainment System - Samsung UK - TECH SPECS
  8. My band is playing a gig at the end of the world in Birmingham. Should be a good way to go!
  9. That kid looks about 38
  10. I just use cat. or dog.
  11. I had a quid in Kimi to win and another quid on Vettel to get a podium. Darn and blast, I should have put more on! Splendid racing!
  12. Nissan Micra drivers can't drive. Fact. Get her a BMW!
  13. I wanted Nole to win:playball:
  14. I wouldn't bother with a degree in IT, In many cases it wont especially further your career (I have a degree). Get the industry quali's and hit the job ladder. If you get good then the ladder is there to climb. In my experience, my degree has put me 4 years behind - initially - than those who went to college then straight into industry.
  15. this^ Although a few have have gigabyte links on them also. There just sitting here, so if you're interested, come and grab one or all. They all work fine! (In fact I may nab one for myself also...) Edit: They're all 24 port.
  16. We have a bunch of 3com switches that we're about to chuck out, but if anyone here wants them, they're welcome to come and get them! There's about 15 3com 4400, a couple of 3300 and a couple of other switches. We're in Solihull Apologies if in wrong forum
  17. I remember listening to them in maths, years ago!
  18. Withnail and I, good stuff! I can't believe I got the Alien answer right (I think it's cos I watched it about a month ago in prep for Prometheus)
  19. a few quid on eBay?
  20. I have that as my message tone on my phone - still not bored of it!
  21. Alien?
  22. "Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy sh*t with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your a$$ and pull the f@ckng trigger 'til it goes "click." Jesus Quintana - one ove the thousands from the Big Lebowski
  23. "I mean, just how much more black can it be? and the answer is none... none more black"
  24. Ha! Well after failing miserably at getting her a decent present - which took me almost 4 hours after work (why do I always leave it this late) - I opted for a Kashmiri take away (Masala Fish!!!! yum and more...). Which she'd never had before but really liked. I've booked mark this thread as the recipes are ace, and the amount of time I spend in the dog house, I'm hoping these will get me out! Top Stuff guys!
  25. Top work all round. I'm now ruddy starving!
×
×
  • Create New...