-
Posts
778 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Disaster
-
Call from Microsoft about upcoming projects? Suspicious?
Disaster replied to sparkeh's topic in General Chat
We have all sorts who are claiming to be from Microsoft or Dell or HP. They're invariably from a company that merely sells their wares. Waste of time in most cases. -
I swear about half the year 7 kids on our school have some sort of behavioural statement and we're just a main stream school in a half decent area.
-
Could be worse, you could lose it. /pedant
-
We went Go-Karting there and it was ace and about half the price you'd pay in Blighty. No crumby and prolonged health and safety chat (just "this pedal go, this pedal stop" and what the flags meant). I was knackered at the end so well worth the money! Our format was Time Trial, and had 3 x 15minute sessions with the best four in a final for another 15 mins.
-
You could have saved yourself loads of money by not seeing most of those bands as they are rubbish!
-
See gif in your sig
-
Getting cover with insurance or bank has to be the best way as in my experience you get top cover. I get mine through smile and absolutely caned the breakdown cover due to all the crap cars I've had. Plenty of home starts and a lift back from Bristol included, courtesy of Green Flag/Axa and others...
-
Why have they resorted to very up-front unsolicited calls that very much resemble the old Millenium/Crown schtick? I agree they do look legit as I had a snoop around for them, just seems odd for them to offer chocolates straight off the bat and pushing a tracking number to go with it.
-
Yeah we get a fair few. The stir fry was alright, it was the potatoes that rescued this meal as they were quite herby.
-
CCS media just rang - looks like it could be linked to this. Offering chocolate as they've just won a contract to supply all of Cadbury's and in return they were sent too much. Offered me some with a tracking number. It all sounded too familiar so just hung up! I assume i would have received a toner and an invoice to go with that chocolate.
-
We're in austerity! We can't have salad in our wraps or noodles in our stir fry here. Friday is normally OK as it's fish and chips day and I'm hoping I can compare.
-
That's true. I was expecting slightly more than one scoopful of stir fry though. I had to have 2 desserts to make up for that measly portion.
-
Ha, just measured my hand and it's about 1cm shorter than the plate's diameter. 21cm my hand.
-
This was todays lunch. Stir Fry. I had to add the potatoes as an extra for obvious reasons. Please note: My hand is actually resting on the plate for scale. It's not brought forward to make my din dins looks small!
-
That's extra. A spoonful and a half of Colseslaw was 43p! Our menu looks ace on paper too, but this is the the reality. The canteen staff are ace though and do sort me out where they can and they are well understaffed.
-
It is indeed. Was that photo a give away?
-
That's not included. You'll have to buy a plate of salad for that, but I'd have to sell my car to afford both!
-
-
Sorry to hijack the thread, but as the title suggests, I thought it may be appropriate... So can someone great tell me what the chuff this connector is called? It's for my Philips surround sound and this end plugs into a speaker. I need another end and the only place I can find is Philips and I'd have to buy the whole cable at £15!
-
you got a good deal. I'm tempted by this one - But I might owe them a couple of hundred quid so keeping quiet!
-
Look up Christopher Dunn. That guy will blow your mind with his findings on ancient machining!
-
We use paid at my school. Properly analyse the results, works a treat!
-
He talked about a similar incident on XFM (The Ricky Gervais Show) when he was refused entry into a nightclub in Bristol, absolutely hilarious. Look it up! His personal anecdotes on XFM and the podcasts are some of the best bits.
-
PC-World
-
Use a mobile, this aint the 90's man!
