Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind-red-door/58647-its-not-news.html
  2. Hmmm, iPhone 4G is about 9 or 10mm thick. Now go spoil it with a bumper to bring it to between 13-15mm thick! We love you Apple. The longer you keep these fan boi's occupied with your over priced garbage, the longer we get the better deals in the 'real' world.
  3. I'm looking for the best deal on an X10 mini for the wife, but as you say, it's only a phone. Still, looking for the BEST deal on it - don't see the point of paying an extra £30 if I don't need to. But it's only my money. Better off in my bank than somebody elses. You have a cooling off period which you can cancel it before.
  4. And who's the fool there then? Certainly isn't Apple!
  5. Sometimes disabling GPO's does not work as the registry is tattooed. For some settings you have to reverse the setting in GPO, let it apply, and then disable the GPO.
  6. Might look better (just an idea, don't shoot me) if the promethean logo was used as a background image for that forum area.
  7. BBC Player? TV Catchup?
  8. Just had a look at the suggested threads and none seem to help so here goes: I'm looking at the SMB Web Client block for Moodle (again), but whenever it loads it just shows the blank popup with File Name, Modified etc etc along the top but no files actually showing up. Can someone point me in the direction of a full setup guide (i.e. telling me what to install on the moodle server, how to test etc etc) as the readme that comes with the ZIP doesn't tell me how to configure my Ubuntu 8.04 box. Any help at all?
  9. Jump them up the pay scale a couple of times and give them more responsibility. Sounds like these 'problem users' are ideal management candidates.
  10. Shouldn't this be in the jokes section?
  11. Hightower

    A proud Dad!

    I don't think you fully understand just how many women Bossman knows!
  12. Hightower

    A proud Dad!

    Got a load of artwork, but all beyond my skillset i'm afraid. Could email you some though to take a look through
  13. Hightower

    A proud Dad!

    Wow - that's great. Congrats to her! I gave my Dad a slightly different present today - I tattooed him!
  14. You'd have thought the head would have done his tie up a little tighter when taking an important photo.
  15. It wasn't meant to be a 'save' guys - I meant it sincerely.
  16. It was a compliment BTW - that you have that upper management look about you.
  17. Really? Wow, sorry. I could have sworn I'd seen it somewhere that you were a HT. Maybe it's that to me you look like you could be a HT from your avatar
  18. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a head right?
  19. I may be wrong, but most projectors are not smart enough to tell you when their life is coming to an end - it just uses a simple lamp counter to let you know. If the bulb deteriorates sooner than expected the projector has no way to know this and inform you. We had a problem at my previous school where dirt was being tread into the carpet, drying, and then being inhaled in the projector when kids stamped their feet etc (thus knocking the dirt up into the air in a dust form). Caused havoc for the projectors and we were constantly sending them for optical cleans. Most of them needed their prism changing or something though, which was additional. When they came back though they were like new!
  20. There may be no money in primaries, but it doesn't make it right. I was on a decent salary in my primary school (£17.5k) - was money available? No. They made it available because they saw IT as an important area and therefore invested in it.
  21. See, the problem in my primary was the head had aspirations to be an inspector so everything was for herself, and not for the welfare of the school, staff, or students. Maybe that was the problem.
  22. The only advice I can give you is to start looking for jobs. I hated working in a primary, purely because the head expects you to do the 'little silly' jobs like making labels. I lasted 5 months before I'd had enough and found a suitable job in a secondary again.
  23. You, my friend, are correct. Maybe what I posted didn't come across as I intended. I have family who live/have lived on the poverty line, and they work hard to survive. I have also seen lazy scoundrels (including other members of family) living the life of Richard Branson and I still fail to understand how this is possible. The country is broken, very broken - and although Conservatives may not be everyone's cup of tea (I didn't vote for them either), I've seen MY country go down the pan over the past 13 years and something has got to give. I'm hopeful the Tories will be able to get us down the right path again. I'm hopeful jobs will be created for those that want them. I'm hopeful that tax payers' money will be spent on the NHS, education, our roads (because we pay a hell of a lot for them!), and NOT on Henley t-shirts and G-Star jeans.
  24. My take on the whole thing is we need to get some morals back in this country. Maybe the current government has a chance to get the ball rolling. When I was a kid it was classed as a disgrace to have children and not be married, or not be with the other parent at least. Now, single parents are rewarded while families are left to struggle. The rich will get rich, but this past 13 years the poor have also gotten rich, and that is what has to change. Why should someone who can't be bothered to get out of bed on a morning wear nicer clothes than me, and get to go out socialising more than me. It needs to change!
  25. Don't think you can (without 3rd party apps)
×
×
  • Create New...