-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Fair comments lads - good discussion. Now which one do I like the least to give neg rep to haha =)
-
http://www.edugeek.net/usercp.php Rep given (bad & good) is towards the bottom
-
How is rep actually meant to be used on this site? I thank posts that make me laugh, brighten up my day, or help solve a problem. I'm not sure I've used the negative rep button - not as far as I can remember. The reason I ask is that I've just been neg repped for bashing RM - by whom I obviously don't know. But this thing is really starting to grind on me. To be petty and neg rep me for having an opinion is absurd. I've actually had an extremely bad time with RM, and seeing as though it's money lost from our budget surely I deserve the right to vent my anger and frustration with them?! I understand that RM do help a lot of schools out, and their solutions actually fit some schools ICT focus. I on the other hand, would rather rip my left foot off with a rusty bear trap than have to purchase from them again. This is my opinion, from my own experiences. Now how someone can think that is wrong and neg rep me for it is bizarre.
-
I'm going to Wembley for the Shield in August. Man Utd v Chelsea - two teams I couldn't give two 'F' words for, but the tickets were free so I'm not complaining!
-
We use UltraVNC here, installed as an MSI. Hidden the tray icon with a reg entry (as part of the MSI so it's all done automatically).
-
Fair enough - probably the wrong place to post. Just the trouble I've had with RM over the past 2 and a half years I can't help but complain about them in posts that concern them. I hate them with a passion - never used to, but now I do. Still, as you've said, this isn't helpful, and consider myself told. =)
- 11 replies
-
- cc4
- rm hardware
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Can the Mod's change the title of this? I think the OP has made a mistake in it. It should be 'Downgrading to CC4' =) If you want to upgrade, go Vanilla ;-)
- 11 replies
-
- cc4
- rm hardware
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Depends what MIS you use I suppose. If you use the openMIS systems then AFAIK these are web based and should work on pretty much any device.
-
Or maybe it's about time you fed the hamster in your computer again. They can't run on an empty stomach! =)
-
Do you know what I think? What's the point?!
-
PC World is great for things like that. Ordered stuff online many a time and collected in store to get those extra discounts which actually make it a good deal. It's the getting stopped by a monkey in store that puts me off. I've since bought a white cane, sunglasses, and 2 fake hearing aids so the next time I go in I can pretend I can't hear them or see them =)
-
Oooooooo, I might get one and enter Britain's Got Talent. Like the Dancing Magician, they would say "what do you do then?" to which I would respond "I like to unicycle, and I also like to tattoo myself, so I thought why not put the two together!"
-
Any members runners or sports people, I've got an injury :(
Hightower replied to CHR1S's topic in General Chat
We have a footballer who still suffers, pretty much on a weekly basis with his ankles - just because he rushed back too soon. He's been told it's probably something that will never improve now and he has to live with that decision. We have another lads who has had problems with his groin all season - nothing major, but because he attempts to play instead of giving that extra weeks rest it has turned into a recurring injury. -
I use Ariotek for personal hosting. Great price, service, support - everything. Never had a problem with them. For the school website I think my colleague uses his reseller account (?) on CS New Media - but I would host internally if I had my way. Everything else is internal (email, moodle, insight etc), and it seems silly for us to have a website hosted externally. Oh well, that's my gripe - not much use here, sorry haha
-
Forbidding users to save files to desktop.
Hightower replied to andyturpie's topic in Network and Classroom Management
This is how I would do it too -
I've created an AJAX thingy majig that shows hints when searching. However, when a user types in something they have previously entered in a search box it shows up on top. I want to disable this - can anybody point me in the right direction? See attached file for example.
-
I've been doing my MCP training for XP, and it's unbelievable what you can do with some of the standard tools when you know how to use them properly!
-
Thought those had gone the distance now, and are both included in the newer ProcessMon
-
their =)
-
And if that's the case why is he asking for our help. Surely if this was his situation he should be doing it himself?
-
I haven't seen the ending yet - got ep 16 to watch, and the finale (17 & 18). We're having a lost night on Friday to tie it all off. I'm not expecting the ending to be "oh my god, i didn't see that coming", to me it was all about the journey, and I enjoyed every minute - even when other started getting bored during S3 and S4 (and then eventually stopped watching it). After Lost I've going to try and get back into the Wire (started watching S2 a few months ago), and I've also been told FlashForward is a must! I used to watch it when I was at my parents, but since moving out I haven't kept up to date with it, and I've been told I'm missing out BIG style!
-
I think he meant that he was only using this address range from the subnet, not that the subnet restricted him to these. A subnet of 255.255.0.0 would provide addresses from 10.34.0.0 (network) to 10.34.255.255 (broadcast). A subnet of 255.0.0.0 would provide the range you have given (10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255).
-
Something's interfering with .70 range then surely? What about high up in the .70 ranges? Does that work (like 70.200). You sure nothing is using those IP's? Can you ping 10.34.70.2, .5, .11, .15 and get a reply (whilst the CCTV stuff is still assigned a .71 - to see if something is already using those addresses?)
