Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. My licence has B, B1, f, k, p - so the way I read it is I can pull a trailer not heavier than 750kgs. Does this look correct? If so, if the TT weighs 500kgs then I can pull it?
  2. I used 'Navigation' on my droid for the first time over the weekend, and I have to say it is fantastic! I absolutely love it! It even speaks the street names and everything (as best as it can, but really really good!).
  3. They want £250 for it. Getting some photo's tonight, and then will have a look. It has 3 mains sockets with RCB, fridge (3-way), stove (2 rings and grill), and a little heater. It also comes with full awning (did I say that already?!). Reckon I could get it for £200 though, which is what I'd pay for a new tent alone so should be a good starter as won't need to worry about getting a stove, coolbox etc etc. Also, our house is not massive so may be better than a tent as wasn't sure where we would store all that gear. However, a trailer tent poses a problem. See attached image: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7776[/ATTACH] As you can see from the badly drawn picture, I live in a terrace of four houses. I haven't drawn the other details but you can see my garden has three trees (thanks to paints spray brush!) in the middle. The only gate is a garden gate size and is at the house end of the garden which is accessed via the light gray shared path. The gate at the end of the shared path is again a normal size and is not big enough for a trailer tent to fit down. The dark gray on the left is a footpath that is about 8 foot wide. The garden has a 6-foot fence all the way around. Now the dilemna is how to get the TT onto the garden when not in use. The obvious is to turn the end fence panels (next to the dark grey) into a gate. No problem, but then the TT is stored behind the trees so we can't see it from the house, and I don't like the idea that I can't keep an eye on it from my house. The next option is to do the gate thing and then cut the trees down, but we like the privacy they provide. This, is a bit of a pickle!
  4. Well, it has a stove/fridge/heater, and sleeps 6 although been told 4 comfortably. It also comes with a full awning, and the only problem it has apparently is a problem with a zip, but she's going to get more details of that. She's going to send me some photo's tonight and if all looks okay I'll take a look at it. The car has a towbar already, but as I passed my test in 2002 (after 1997) do I have to take an additional test to pull the trailer tent? I have pulled a caravan before but later found out that I don't have the required letters to do this. How would a trailer tent - particularly this model - function with harsh weather, as alan-d said a 3000 head would be best. Should a trailer tent be capable of the job in hand?
  5. Been offered a 1980's Pennine Pulman Trailer Tent for a good price. What do people think about these?
  6. So it's definately worth the little extra investment to go to a 3000 if we are planning so spend a week here and a week there?
  7. So does the head of 2000 in my link above mean that it's rubbish? I don't want to spend too much on the first tent so would it not cut it? I was having a look at the hook-ups and noticed you can get them with/without the trips built in. The difference in price (by about £50) tells me that I should probably go for the more expensive one in this situation.
  8. Been looking at this one: Buy Regatta 5 Person Tunnel Tent. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for . Already bought an airbed and light as brothers popped and got smashed (respectively). Were also told by our camping neighbours that getting a pitch with electric on is a lifesaver, especially on the longer trips.
  9. Well, the camp went very well. So good in fact we are now looking for a tent
  10. January 19th 2038 03:00 "We have a problem sir!" "Yeah?" "In exactly 14 minutes our systems will start behaving eratically" "How?" "Millenium bug Captain" "The millenium bug happened nearly 38 years ago!" "Yes sir, but we run on unix" "And?" "Well sir, I don't have time to explain, but there's a whole s*** storm coming our way in 14 minutes!"
  11. This might help Witch: AppDeploy > Package Knowledgebase > Flash Player I go there whenever RM don't have specific instructions.
  12. How didn't I see that?! It still has the embroided kind of look on the stars though
  13. 00001010 roughly translates to '10', but depends on local dialects etc etc.
  14. Oh yes, the admin girls have been across the road to do a breakfast run. Lovely, just about to tuck into my sausage and egg sarny with red sauce....... oh no, where the **** is my egg?!
  15. 11.2 server years per human year
  16. Naturally when I search for campsites I use a campsite search site Only jesting, but I did stumble on that when the idea first came about and is pretty much the best one I've come across so far.
  17. It lived to be 00001010 in binary!
  18. Thing is, Jackson had the right idea decades ago and you all laughed at him. Not be long till you iPhone 4 users are going to be sporting the same wear as he did! [ATTACH=CONFIG]7754[/ATTACH]
  19. We only got rid of our last 2000 server last summer!
  20. Hightower

    key pops off

    New key for your model keyboard (laptop). New keyboard is probably easiest if it is a desktop.
  21. After years of having trouble with Flash, RM started releasing blueprints to create a package from. This is quite possibly the best thing RM have ever done as it works without fail! Just got to allocate two packages and that's it. I'm not sure if they will work on other network types but can zip them up and send them if you wish to try? I've just created the 10.1.something release and tested to work fine. let me know if you want it
  22. Just hope this wind isn't the same over there - it's gale force here at the minute, and don't fancy putting a strange tent up with it blowing all over the place. Can already feel the heated discussions with the wife when she does something wrong, or not quick enough.
  23. That's what testing is for Used to have a colleague who would change things on the live servers on real accounts, and then be puzzled the next day when there's a million knocks at the door because something isn't working!
  24. Nah - my brother is a biker who rides to all the races like silverstone and he already has all the gear. Just pinched it off him - he had his second kid on Monday so I doubt he'll be using it for a while. I've done the camping thing before, even like Bossman where we pitched in a farmers field in the middle of nowhere next to a river. It's the wife who wants to see if she likes it.
  25. Everywhere only took 2 night min bookings, except this one so this is where we have booked. Do they have showers/toilets etc as website doesnt say. Plus side is Mam and Dad are in Penrith that day too (they are there now) so could meet up and pinch their walking boots lol. Wish me luck!
×
×
  • Create New...