Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Can anyone advise me how to create a package for CC3 that will first run a hotfix.exe file, and then run a driverinstallprogram.exe file once the prior has completed? Many thanks!
  2. @Gatt: I'm a member of the UK Campsites forums, and these are the ones everyone is raving about at the minute (for LED lights). At £4 you can't really grumble even if they are rubbish! Wilko LED Light Multi-Purpose | Torches & Bulbs | TV Accessories from Wilkinson Plus
  3. @Gatt: That's my view. I don't see the point in taking PS3s and TVs etc etc, but an EHU would allow us to have some 'luxeries' such as a fridge, phone charger (we like walking strange places so a phone is useful lol), and even a lantern (I'm not a fan of gas lanterns for some reason). It's all about a compromise to me. I want the EHU to compliment our camping experience, but not to dictate it if that makes sense?
  4. Funnily enough there's a discussion ongoing about this at the UK Campsite forums. I can see both sides of the arguments with it, but my feeling is if we want electric then that doesn't make us any less hardcore. We like going for walks, and being away from it all for most of the day, but it is nice to be able to come back to those little luxeries we have all gotten used to.
  5. Well it all came down to availability - we wanted a grass pitch to cope with a 7.5x5m tent, with EHU. We found one the other night with availability and have booked that one. Dolbeare or something - the missus booked it.
  6. After realising we still have to get down to Wembley from the lakes which will take a good 5 or 6 hours, it looks like Cornwall is back on! It makes more sense to drive 8 hours in a day then have to go to Wembley and back in a day which could be 10-12 hours! I feel like all I've done the past couple of days (at home obviously!) is look for camp sites! I'm absolutely sick, so have left it in the capable hands of the missus. lets see what she can find us (with availability!).
  7. This is actually a real worry, because the missus is prone to doing things like this. I'm sick of having to turn them off for her. A couple of months ago we went shopping, and came back to one extremely hot kitchen - she'd left the oven on after tea!
  8. It was hard enough to convince the missus to go camping, but the added bonus of electric is what she requires, and my good lady always gets what she requires.
  9. Happens all the time with the missus: HER: "You need to turn right here" ME: "There is no right here!" HER: "There! There!" ME: "That's left dear"
  10. Argghhhhhhhh! We found a nice place last night in Cornwall, but after a bit discussion we have now decided to do something over the lakes. The reasons being A) I didn't fancy doing the 450 mile journey in a oner, but also don't want to pay for a hotel/pitch the tent for one night on the way down and B) 450 x 2 with additional miles getting around for the week will work out at about £150 in diesel - or an extra week somewhere more local. So the plan is this summer to do local sites, save the money on diesel and hopefully that money will allow us to get an extra week in somewhere or other. Emailed a few sites over the lakes but it's getting harder to find a site with a pitch that has electric! *sigh* Gonna end up in a farmers field for a week at this rate!
  11. All users (staff & students) sit on our H: Drive on the server (RM CC3!), so I just allocated 10gb to previous versions on the H: drive and left it at that. Didn't set anything up seperately (i.e. one setting for staff accounts and a different setting for student accounts). It's hard to test previous versions over summer because work areas are not changing. I would set it to 20gb (if you can afford that much) and then see what happens in September when the kids are back. If 20gb is not enough (or too much) then it is a few clicks to increase (or decrease) the setting so is very easy to play with until you have something that suits your needs.
  12. You actually set the limit you want to use for previous versions. The higher you set this the more versions you can store. For example: We set ours to 10gb on each server, and averaging we can usually get around 10 days worth of previous versions (2 versions per day so around 20 different versions) per user before the oldest one is deleted and the space is used for a newer one. We have around 650 students averaging 300mb disk space each, with around 100 staff averaging 1gb each. Any more than the 10 days and it means looking through the backup archives. Hope this helps.
  13. Sounds similar to the symptoms I suffered when I was diagnosed with CFS/ME. Obviously isn't though if it's "going through the house". Strange
  14. In fact - we're planning on going to Wembley on Sun 8th so can anyone recommend a site ANYWHERE that is not too close to Wembley (couple of hours away is nice) but is on the same route to Wembley from the North East of England? Can't make my mind up where we want to be, and seeing as this is our first real expedition in our newly bought tent recommendations go a long long way!
  15. Okay, after some great recommendations made here when I posted last week about camp sites over the lakes, I'm back again! Today I may (fingers crossed) be buying a tent - just gotta hope the rain keeps away so I can see it up. We're looking to go to Cornwall this time on Friday 6th Aug for 5 nights. Can anybody make recommendations for a campsite in the area. An electric hookup is required for the tent pitch (hair straighteners and that! sheeeesh!). Thanks, HT
  16. I love the way we can vent here. It really is my shoulder to cry on when something bothers me. That said, we've all got to keep it clean. I browse this site a lot at work and I know my boss wouldn't be very pleased if it contained inappropriate content.
  17. That's what may or may not (prying eyes and everything) be going through my head right now
  18. Write a letter of resignation?
  19. Ctrl + F >> "Hardware" >> Enter Key
  20. I've not seen it before, but we got a call yesterday saying one of our projectors had stripes, but the cloned image on the monitor is fine. Haven't seen it yet as too busy today, but will keep an eye on this thread to see how you get on (as I may need the same advice)
  21. Or maybe Tom could whisk you away on a trip somewhere?! EduMatchMaking
  22. Sounds great, oh wait, I have a student who has just deleted all of his work by accident..... now what?
  23. Sorry, just to add on - what about snapshot backups of each VM to a NAS - is this possible with XenServer. I currently do this with a script on ESXi.
  24. Can't remember how the drive connects now - iSCSI, does that sound about right. It is an add-on card so I suppose I could remove it and install it in a lower specced server just for the backups - that might just work!
×
×
  • Create New...