Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Thanks for that. Haven't seen the race yet, have it recorded ready to watch, avoided result all day, and your post title has gone and spoilt it all for me. Did it have to be so blatent in the title?! Once again thanks. Glad I'm watching the Sunderland game live - wouldn't want you to spoil that for me.
  2. Just bought it today, and I have to say I'm enjoying the single-player mode, and I hate single-player games. Anyhow, turned it off to watch England hammer the Aussies and heading out now, but my user is Hightower_Geek on the PS3 if anyone will be on tonight? The missus wants to watch X-Factor first (*sigh*) but then I'll be hammering it all night after that.
  3. 1) Just needs a WAMP/LAMP server - PHP & MySQL 2) No imports from SIMS 3) It doesn't yet - I designed it for use at my school which is 1 week timetabled, but it is something I plan to change in future development 4) Yes, it is designed to use LDAP. There is a really good booking system that @Webman: has designed, but v1 doesn't do LDAP which is the main reason I set about designing this as it is a big requirement of ours. Once I have trialled it I plan to open a page on my website for feature/requests and bug reporting etc as although it now does everything we require a booking system to do, I wish to continue building on it.
  4. Our booking system was outdated (VB6 I think it was done in) so, after finding no nice clean alternatives that did what we wanted on the web I got to designing my own. The majority of development is now finished and we've rolled it out in school to trial. Uploaded a few screenshots for those that are interested. Once we are happy it works as needed I will get about releasing this to the public. [ATTACH=CONFIG]8554[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8556[/ATTACH]
  5. Joey Barton to punch all the staff she doesn't like in the chest?
  6. About £500-£600 for a direct access course right?
  7. Nice shirt, but the logo is an optical illusion. The bigger purple block is obviously 3 dimensional, yet it disappears into the line between the red and yellow block where there is obviously not a gap for a 3D shape
  8. I used to have a trials bike when I was 13. I think it was an RM80, and got up to a good 50mph if not more. Used to go up and down the old train lines on it with no helmet on, and my mother complained, but my dad was right there with us flying up and down the lines with no helmet on too! Only ever came off it once, but that was at about 3mph. I wouldn't get a bike straight away, as I'm in the process of selling my home and buying a new one, but would be nice to have the tick on my licence ready for when we have somewhere to store a bike.
  9. Just booked my free 1hr motorbike lesson. Loved my motorbike when I was 13, and at 26 I'm starting to think it's time I got my licence. Told the missus she can have a pandora bracelet if I can have my bike licence. Anyhow, book your free 1 hr lesson here : Free Motorcycle Ride - Bike Try Out Session - Get On
  10. In our LA Google.co.uk is forced to safe search, but not .com - we're whitelist though so block everything but .co.uk
  11. See, now why is a comment such as that required? I seriously fail to see the point. You don't like football, I get it, but I'm having a conversation with a colleague that does like football so go and tell someone who gives a crud.
  12. I'm red and white pal, but 'way not to bite'
  13. Ah shucks, and there was me thinking it was maybe an important letter from Ian Holloway apologising for nearly handing your asses to you last night with a weakened side
  14. I don't follow? I'm sure the code Kompozer generates would work within most browsers.
  15. Do you mean something like this: KompoZer - Easy web authoring
  16. Any CI users out there be able to tell me what the best way to distribute my CI app is? Is it easy enough to create an 'installer' for my app, and if so what is the best way to go about this?
  17. RMBackup is a front-end to NTBackup. Take a look at using NTBackup GUI because it allows so much more than the RM front-end. (Just go Start->Run then type ntbackup and click okay)
  18. Now who can I try this on......
  19. nLite is the best tool I've come across for this. Also make sure you get the correct version for your licence key (i.e. OEM, or Volume Licence etc)
  20. Answer: In the hope that you actually brick it therefore rendering it useless, which in turn breaks your shackles to Steve Jobs nether regions.
  21. We do the same as mtdmitchell. Build a build disk onto floppy in the usual way, then use HP's USB utility to transfer the disk image to the pen. Works a treat for us, and creating a new pen only takes a minute or so.
  22. My ISA account is a 5-6 year plan, and it's been going for about 4 years. I plan to run it longer though - just have to wait and see how the market picks up
  23. I tried the 'buy my own shares' route, but it was a pain in the backside. A couple of years ago I set up a Shares ISA which is managed by an account manager for a small commission. The shares took a hit during the start of the crash and all, but have been doing good in the past 12 months. I lost a lot of money in the crash but have since made that back with things slowly picking up.
  24. Summary - Game Group - The Share Centre
  25. I translated that to: $this->db->select('fixtures.date, home.short_name AS hometeam, away.short_name AS awayteam') ->from('fixtures') ->join('teams AS home','fixtures.home_team = home.id','inner') ->join('teams AS away','fixtures.away_team = away.id','inner'); $query = $this->db->get(); print_r($query->row()); and it worked a treat. Thanks! Any chance you could explain it to me?
×
×
  • Create New...