Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Not the case at all. I know plenty of money making local businesses, that were started by local people, with 'no education', and now employ local people who are 'non-educated' on good wages. A degree isn't needed for all walks of life. A degree isn't even needed for most walks of life. Relevant training for the job at hand is, but not a degree.
  2. Ditto. My family has a long history of coal mining, and have always ALWAYS voted labour..... until the last election. 13 years of labour has destroyed this country in my eyes, and I'm not saying the tories are going to do everything right, but I believe they are the best ones to return us to the greatness we once were. You simply cannot keep spending when the money is not there. If I did that, I'd be in arrears on my mortgage and out on the street.
  3. Surely people can only earn higher wages when we have the businesses in this country that can pay the higher wages. Whether I got a D- in maths, or a masters, the ability to earn that higher wage is directly affected by whether there is someone to employ me that can afford that higher wage.
  4. The way I see it is, degrees are not worth much nowadays because every man and his dog has one. Perhaps with limiting the amount of people going to university a degree might become meaningful again. Not every job requires a degree, yet most request one nowadays, and it's at the point where it's just silly. And by the way, I'm not saying dumping on the poor is the way to do this before you all jump on me.
  5. According to love film FAQ it requires a 2mb connection minimum
  6. Thanks for this - been waiting for LoveFilm on PS3 for ages, and hadn't realised it was released
  7. Yeah - it was pretty nasty this morning but things have cleared up a bit and should get home without any major trouble. Wish the Met Office would make it's mind up whether it's gonna snow again tonight though!
  8. I normally put dashes all accross the line (next to the 0 number key), and then finish it with a % in WingDings2
  9. Mam and Dad have gone to Cumbria for a couple of nights. Meant to be all nice and sunny.
  10. Until 3 o'clock mate, at which (according the the Met Office) we're in for heavy snow until 3am tomorrow.
  11. Well done EduGeek, and well done Movember perserverers
  12. Yep, here's a couple of the school grounds after a heavy gritting in places. Up the road where I live is a lot lot worse. You can see the roads are fairly clear now though, so shouldn't have too much trouble getting home - this morning was a b1tch though [ATTACH=CONFIG]8707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8708[/ATTACH]
  13. 5 or 6 inches here, school is open, but plenty of neighbouring schools have shut their doors for the day.
  14. So where are your rules now? I pronounce look as luck, and book as boooook (as in luke), and cook as cooook (as in luke)
  15. Valid argument....... so you must say luke at that book (luke as in look)
  16. A forces thing? I was in the forces and I don't ever recall my basic training including the subject of meal titles. So if you have 2 main meals you call them both dinner? So you have 2 dinners? Greedy girl
  17. My Dad's not gay! How dare you say something like that when you don't even know him! Just because he likes the colour pink, and drinks martini's.....
  18. Well, if you try to hurt me I'll just get my Dod onto you
  19. Up here it's: 08:00 - 11:00 Breakfast 1, breakfast 2, and breakfast 3 12:00 - 14:00 Dinner 1 & dinner 2 17:00 - 19:00 Tea 1 & tea 2 followed by snack 1 and snack 2 19:00 onwards Supper 1 & and supper 2 followed by midnight munchies (long story short is I eat a lot, and we call it dinner and tea) Oh, and while we're on the subject it's mam, not mum or mom
  20. Konquerer is some free stuff similar to Dreamweaver, but not sure if it does what you want. Why not just google for some scripts that do what you want (i.e. image header/banner rotator) - most scripts will give you good indication on how to implement it into your site.
  21. Just emailed brother with this, and his reply was "it only has 2 gig processor, and my current laptop is 1.6 so not much point" to which I replied "is your laptop dual-core?", followed by a reply of "no, does it make much difference" lol
  22. The only way I can think to achieve this is to display the text below the image, or use a table to layout the items in the grid as opposed to using div's
  23. Thanks for that mate. Let me know when the deed is done and you'll get a nice little supporter item in the software, as a way of thanks
  24. What browser? Is it just the demo, or is it the same if you install 0.3 on your own servers? Just tried IE and FF and both work fine for me on the demo. Hate strange issues like this
  25. Thanks - yeah, the holiday bit is only designed for full weeks off at the moment, and is only to prevent the two week timetable from messing up. I hadn't designed it for users to input individual days or parts of weeks as didn't think this was necessary - something else to look into Also, for v0.3 the database changed quite a lot, and I found you have to do a clean install. I need to look into a means of upgrading from one version to the next, but this is probably something for a little later down the line.
×
×
  • Create New...