Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Doesn't look any different to me
  2. One of the things RM got right in their all in one was the ability to screw the cables to the unit so they couldn't go walkies. We have a few rooms of these, and all still have original keyboards and mice. One room is nearly 4 years old, and even though they are starting to fail, they still have the original keyboards and mice. I wish Dell would release something like that, or even if it was possible to buy a generic add-on for any computer
  3. Also, when you read the statement it sounds like MD's are trying to pass the buck a little. "Well, err, we wanted, erm your data, erm, so we hired company x, and so, err, they hired Company Y who hired err, hired Company Z, and erm, they sold it, erm, they sold it to Company A."
  4. You need GMail then - get none of that lark coming through Like a travelling business man/woman who quickly need to grab something to eat but can't stop?
  5. That's the best song I've ever heard! Next time my neighbours are playing their crappy decks crap I'm gonna stick 4'33" on as loud as it will go! That'll show them!
  6. Make that 1 Christmas Card Merry Christmas fellow geeks
  7. I'm sure the older one only cost £300-£400, so how come the replacement is 3 times as much?! It seems stupid. As for buying, and reselling the unit - it's a lot of hassle. I have opened up a thread in classified to see if anyone has an old one they no longer need, and if not I guess I'll just buy a used one from Google Shopping: HP Expansion module - 24 ports
  8. £500 is a lot of money when we just need 1 module. I've seen 2nd hand parts on Google Shopping for around £100 so that may be an option. As for the part being available - I can't see that.... I entered the part number in the UK site of HP, and it came up saying it had been replaced with part number J4820-69301, and that it costs over a grand - silly money for a little module.
  9. Okay, to continue from my last thread I thought it would be better to place a classified. We need a 24-port 10/100 module for a HP Pro-Curve 5308xl, and we need it pretty sharpish. If you have one, please name your price before the end of the week and I'll let you know whether that works for us. If I don't get any offers before the end of the week I'll just have to find one on eBay or something. Thanks,
  10. From all my Googling it appears that it is indeed discountinued. Anybody got an old module (working) that they want to sell on to us?
  11. P.S. I think the part number is: J4820A
  12. We need to stick a new module in our switch, but our cabling company claims that modules for a HP Pro-Curve 5308xl are now obsolete and therefore we can't get our hands on one. Can anyone shine any light on this for me? We're only after a basic 24-port 10/100 module for it, and I find it hard to believe that these are no longer available for this model.
  13. Hightower

    _Y_ _

    I was thinking along the lines of floppies and hdd's for a couple of seconds, but when you read the clue again properly it gives it away.
  14. Perhaps the user wants one seperated OS for himself, and one for his partner. So when his partner wants the laptop he sticks her drive in, boots up and presto. When he wants the laptop he can stick his drive in and have all his pr0n ready and waiting for him, without his partner suspecting a thing
  15. How many teachers allow their students to play on games rated 18 on those special days in school running up to Christmas? How many teachers allow their kids to watch films on those special days that are not suitable for the audience? Should they be dealt with the same way? Is viewing pr0n worse than viewing a film depicting violence and murder? If so, fair enough, but if not surely teachers who show these films/allow these games should also be sacked. I agree that the whole thing is a joke and needs dealing with. But at the same time, each and every school allows some form of similar activity that goes un-noticed.
  16. So you gonna need additional caddies then too. Is this the main HDD we are talking about, or a second 'slave' HDD?
  17. I'm not sure about quick release, but the closest I've seen is the Tosh's (L200's or A200's I think) that have a second HDD bay.
  18. I'm not condoning this by any means, but how old do you have to be to legally watch pr0n? 18? How old do you have to be to play call of duty? 18? I know kids in year 6 that have call of duty at home - that's kids that are 10 years old. So it's okay for a kid to learn about brutally slaying another person, but its not okay to learn about 'hardcore' biology? Like I said, I'm not condoning this in any shape, but we need a bit perspective on the matter surely?
  19. Is the machine under warranty? If so, I would be demanding that Dell take the appropriate measures to repair the machine.
  20. It's a bit mental at home at the minute what with all the Christmas shopping etc. I plan to do some major work on it over the two weeks I'm off and will hopefully have a nice new version with all your latest requests come the new year.
  21. And there was me wondering why your rep bar was a nice little red square......
  22. No need to be sharp. The OP clearly stated he needed to overcome a HDD password, and yet plenty of you all tried to tell him/her that it was a BIOS setup password he was having trouble with.
  23. A quick Google search suggests you can contact Acer support who will help you unlock the HDD.
  24. As @DAZZD88; has said, we're very lucky to have such a passionate man in charge at Sunderland. Steve Bruce was being interviewed on BBC Newcastle last night and he said the reason he came to Sunderland was because of big Niall. He said he's the best person to work for. Also, how often do you see Ellis Short at a Sunderland game. It's just about every home game I see him there, watching his club, and letting the employees do their job without interference. Bruce said last night that "Niall Quinn is a footballing man, and because of this he knows there are ups and downs, and he just lets you get on with your job". I think Sunderland have one of the best boards going in English football today, and wouldn't wish the powers of Mike Ashley on any club. It must be horrible for the supporters.
  25. And there was me thinking everyone at M$ was super human and didn't ever dream of doing such things!
×
×
  • Create New...