-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Yeah, little known bug already fixed for next release. In 0.3 it tries to save the custom week names for 2 week timetables, but it can't do this when it is set as a 1 week timetable thus causing the error. A fix for now is to go to settings and change to 2 week, save, then change back to 1 week and save. Like I say though, there is a fix for this in the next release.
-
Alright folks. If you like BookIt please read this post: Slim Jims
-
I've just tried it in the room you created, and it worked fine. Other people haven't reported this so I wonder whether it could be an issue with your browser?
-
Of course - love the ideas, and will see what can be done. As the ideas get more and more complex though, releases are going to slow down.
-
I live 3 miles from the school, but I would still never dream of driving with a tiny strip. Always a full de-ice, no matter how far I'm travelling.
-
Alright, v0.3 has now been released with many of the requested features. Taking requests for v0.4 if anybody has any ideas of what could improve it.
-
I could do that so a CSV takes an extra two items for small_image and large_image, but it would then mean uploading the actually files manually. Would this be suitable?
-
In the 'to do jobs' for v0.4 - thanks for the feedback.
-
You get up from your desk? B, b, bu, but that's just defeating the point of VNC and remote desktop right?! Side note: VNC really needs an option to 'collect equipment from client'
-
ditto.
-
Yes, same here. If it is a desktop/classroom laptop then we will go to the location. If it is something like a laptop for use at home then they are expected to drop it in our office. If somebody wants a camera/camcorder they are expected to collect/return it - however, if they log the request early enough I will try and remember to drop it off/collect it if I am passing. Bit of both really.
-
Thanks for the feedback. At the moment to system is only set so admin users can block book. The theory behind that is that we put all the timetabled lessons in at the start of the year, and the staff are not allowed to block book. If they want more than one session they have to do each manually, which makes them think more about which sessions they need. I'm currently working on the holiday bit that was mentioned, which is not a simple solution, but definately worthwhile for schools. After that, I will take a look into allowing staff a block booking for 'x' amount of weeks.
-
How do you deploy your OS? Is it a ghost image which is used for all hardware types? If so, the corrupt profile might be a part of that image.
-
ModalBox — An easy way to create popups and wizards
-
How old are the kids Dos_Box? I could have sworn they weren't that old (probably wrong though)
-
If you are worried about having to manage it, I recommend installing webmin - allows most server configuration to be done through a nice GUI.
-
Okay people, a pre-release 0.3 demo is online to have a play, but not available for download yet as I am still tweaking. Just put it on to show the changes that I made last night. Cinema tonight for me so no coding, but I hope to have 0.3 out over the weekend sometime so sit tight.
-
I was thinking along the lines of having a list of holidays, which act as an exclusion. Then you just need to quickly put in the start date of each week you need to exclude and it does the rest. Will look into your idea too zag, but it sounds a lot more work so might be a one for the future.
-
That's an extremely valid point, one which I have overlooked. It should be fine for 2 week holidays like Xmas and Easter, but for half terms it will mess things up. Something to look into a solution for.....
-
Yes, seems like you haven't got LDAP enabled in PHP. Think its just a case of finding the LDAP extension in your PHP.ini and uncommenting it, and then restarting the web service (apache/iis). That should hopefully get you going because it looks like you have the settings right.
-
Planning to bring out the next release tomorrow, after a hard nights graft at it. If there's anything else people would like considering for tomorrows release please let me know and I'll see if it's feasible.
-
On the to-do list
-
Thanks - What do you mean by the identical bookings bit?
-
network technicians acceptable use policy
Hightower replied to maestromasada's topic in School ICT Policies
Well you're certainly not to accuse or punish anybody until you know what is going on. Get your logs sorted, and find out before going any further. Restrict access where users aren't 'trained', so if you have a hardware tech, he shouldn't necessarily be logging on to the servers should he? Take for instance, this morning I woke up to find water on the floor and a defrosted freezer. I strongly believe that the OH left the freezer open, but I don't KNOW this so I can't do anything about it this time. I can however set up an array of video camera's and pressure pads ready to catch the silly mare the next time she does, then I will be coming down on her like a fridge/freezer full of soggy defrosted food. -
Hmmmm, you're quite well known in political circles right? Was it young Cleggy? Or what about old Cam?
