Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. I've translated that to this in Active Record: $this->db->select('fixtures.*, h.name AS home_team, a.name AS away_team') ->from('fixtures') ->join('h','fixtures.home_team = h.id','left') ->join('a','fixtures.away_team = a.id','left'); $query = $this->db->get(); print_r($query->row()); Which produces this error: [b]A Database Error Occurred[/b] Error Number: 1146 Table 'fcms.h' doesn't exist SELECT `fixtures`.*, `h`.`name` AS home_team, `a`.`name` AS away_team FROM (`fixtures`) LEFT JOIN `h` ON `fixtures`.`home_team` = `h`.`id` LEFT JOIN `a` ON `fixtures`.`away_team` = `a`.`id`
  2. I'm using CodeIgniter on a project and I need to do a strange kind of join. I can't get my head around it so can anyone help me with an Active Record join. My Tables are like this: FIXTRURES |-------------|-------------|--------------|---------------| | id | date | home_id | away_id | |-------------|-------------|--------------|---------------| | 1 | 20-10-10 | 1 | 2 | |-------------|-------------|--------------|---------------| TEAMS |-------------|-------------| | id | name | |-------------|-------------| | 1 | team one | |-------------|-------------| | 2 | team two | |-------------|-------------| I need to be able to join to the teams table twice to pluck the home_team and away_team so that the result might look like: DATE >> 20-10-10 HOME_TEAM >> team one AWAY_TEAM >> team two I would greatly appreciate any code that will do this, but also to explain the code for me so I can understand how to think of this for myself would be even greater appreciated. I've looked at some Google links but I really can't get my head around it. Many thanks!
  3. We purchased a Dell and a HP server recently, and they came to around £2.5k a piece (inc HDD's). Rather than upgrade your old server, why not write it off all together and get two servers for £2.5k
  4. Thought the punch line was just fine, and no less funny than your examples
  5. Bill Gates died in a car accident. He found himself in Purgatory being sized up by God... "Well, Bill, I'm really confused on this call. I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you enormously helped society by putting a computer in almost every home in the world and yet you created that ghastly Windows 95. I'm going to do something I've never done before. In your case, I'm going to let you decide where you want to go!" Bill replied, "Well, thanks, God. What's the difference between the two?" God said, "I'm willing to let you visit both places briefly if it will help you make a decision." "Fine, but where should I go first?" God said, "I'm going to leave that up to you." Bill said, "OK, then, let's try Hell first." So Bill went to Hell. It was a beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There were thousands of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect. Bill was very pleased. "This is great!" he told God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," said God and off they went. Heaven was a high place in the clouds, with angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It was nice but not as enticing as Hell. Bill thought for a quick minute and rendered his decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell" he told God. "Fine," retorted God, "as you desire." So Bill Gates went to Hell. Two weeks later, God decided to check up on the late billionaire to see how he was doing in Hell. When God arrived in Hell, he found Bill shackled to a wall, screaming amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He was being burned and tortured by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asked. Bill responded - his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, this is not what I expected. I can't believe this happened. What happened to that other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the water?" God says, "That was the screen saver".
  6. Those are the worst examples I have EVER seen!
  7. I lost 3 stone in as many weeks back in February. What did I do? Buy a house that I hate.
  8. For instance this year Christmas is Saturday and Boxing Day is Sunday. Both of these are supposed to be bank holidays, so this year Monday AND Tuesday after Xmas is a bank holiday. Just because it falls on a weekend doesn't mean we lose out.
  9. Works out the same. If you want 10 days off you only ever need to take 7. Doesn't matter whether it falls On Tuesday, Saturday, or Mars.
  10. I always like ALL of Xmas off as it's 10 days for the price of 7, but this year I think it's 11 days for the price of 8
  11. Okay - figured this out. 1) Bind user to LDAP, which tells us whether this username/password is correct 2) For each group we need to check, loop through the group in LDAP and get a list of members for each 3) Loop through the list of members for each group to see if the username matches any in the list. Plenty of code this method but at least it works
  12. It's about 3 and a half for us, and we're going down on the Friday staying till the Sunday morning with the gig on the Saturday night.
  13. Where are people staying for this? Anybody doing a camping trip?
  14. Having a hard time with the memberof attribute of PHP LDAP. Got a little snippet like: foreach ($result[0][memberof] as $group) { echo $group.' '; } Obviously that comes after the other LDAP search bumf. This shows the groups for some users (such as me), but not other users. I'm sure I've heard memberof can be a bit tricky so is there any better way to see if a user is in a group?
  15. Ah right, yeah. I think LMGTFY was released with sarcasm in mind, but I tend to use it when getting results from Google.
  16. Amazing....... yet they can't make their own plectrums and need a device to do it
  17. Do they have a stack of credit cards on demand to punch out of then, because punching out of paper wouldn't work
  18. The start of that joke was taken from a true story: When it came to target practice there was a shortage of rifles so the drill sergeant handed him a stick and told him to just say "Bangity bang bang!". When they practiced with bayonets there weren't enough to go around so the drill sergeant again handed him a stick and told him to just say "Stabity stab stab!". It ends like this though: Fast forward a few months and the man's unit is on the way to Afghanistan, fighting a war that isn't ours, without most of the proper equipment required to carry out the job.
  19. I have two, but 2 screens are also lying spare and I would love to get my hands on a card that would boost my output to 4....
  20. I'm not complaining, but you gotta admit it's not a bad price to pay for a G1
  21. Sold for a measly £70.
  22. Excellent how? I don't follow? I just pasted it in as normal.
  23. It's a rooted ROM with a few extra features basically. The only reason I installed it was so that I could install apps to the SD card - this isn't normally available on a G1 as it's still the 1.6 firmware.
  24. Yeah, it's still locked down to the network (T-Mobile). From my Google searches it doesn't seem very hard to unlock the phone, but it's not something I want to risk so will leave that up to the buyer. Like I also said, it's got a Cyanogen ROM on, but I can easily turn that back to factory if needs be.
  25. Yeah, I used this download here: Playstation 3 controller(Dualshcok 3 or Sixaxis) driver for windows | MotioninJoy Apparently all Games for Windows come with Xbox 360 controller support, and with that tool you can quickly choose an option to emulate a 360 controller with your PS3 controller. Also allows customisation, for instance the PS3's triggers and back buttons are upside-down compared to the 360, so I tweaked my controller setup to mimick this.
×
×
  • Create New...