Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. Linky First one should do you. I think you have to have 'show hidden files' enabled too
  2. Playing it on my laptop. The missus won't let me use the PS3 until we move house and turn the spare bedroom into a 'games' room, so I obtained a copy for my laptop and hooked my PS3 controller up to it using the built in bluetooth. Works better like that anyway as I can now watch football and play FNV at the same time Loving the game though.
  3. We use UltraVNC here for remote support, and it has a little button at the top to 'disable the NIC' a couple of buttons along from the 'blank input/output on remote machine' button. Clicked that a few times, and then had to get up off my backside to restart the machine!
  4. Not at this moment in time... Will have a photo if anybody is seriously interested
  5. If anyone can give me £70 (plus P&P) I'll take it.
  6. Best gig I've ever been to was Foo Fighters at Earls Court, closely followed by Muse at the Metro Arena. Just emailed a camp site, and they said they are working on an all inclusive price for that weekend which includes travel to and from the venue. Things just get better!
  7. After 62 minutes of waiting in the silliest online queue I have ever encountered, we now have our Foo Fighters tickets to see them at the Milton Keynes Bowl next year (got them 2 days early with O2 priority!) Can't wait. Haven't seen them since Dublin a couple of years ago! Now I need to find and book a campsite near to the venue. Oh by the way, if anyone wants to buy a T-Mobile G1 PM me - it'll help pay for my ticket!
  8. PS: if going down the ESXi route Dell do an option where they add an SD card into the server which has the base OS on, therefore leaving 100% of your HDD's for your VMs.
  9. And for all Dell say they don't support the Ubuntu OS, they will still have to support any hardware faults under the standard warrantys etc.
  10. Getting my new phone tomorrow, and therefore will be selling my G1. It's 17 months old but in good nick. Couple of tiny marks but used a screen protector for its life so the screen is spot on. Currently it's running a Cyanogen release of the Android OS, but I will flash back to the original OS if the buyer requires. I don't know if I have the box (have to check), but I'm not looking to rob anyone. If anyone can beat what CEX will offer me then you are on, otherwise I'll just take it to CEX. (Last time I checked I think it was around £70-£80 they offered)
  11. I used to work in a primary and had to run after school clubs. For Years 5 & 6 I had them making their own websites. For the younger kids (Years 3 & 4) we did some stop motion animation (using DigiBlues, but Movie Maker could work just as well I suppose), and we also did some comics - they went to the sites were you can create your own super hero. They designed a super hero and then turned it into a comic using the like of Publisher etc. After school clubs don't need to be overly complex - just needs to get the kids attention
  12. Who the **** are you calling?! It clearly says in his first post: 1) how do you run a GUI installer 2) how do you run a GUI One of those is a typo, but how do you know which one? ****
  13. But he did: How can I install GUI application on vMA(headless os). Whether the OP just mixed up his words, he is yet to say. But he has mentioned actually installing a GUI app.
  14. Really? Can you run a GUI installer on it?
  15. How can I install GUI application on vMA(headless os).
  16. Am I reading this right? Does the OP want to install an app that has a GUI (i.e. it has windows, and mouse clicks etc) on an OS that is text based (like Ubuntu server edition)? Did I read that right?
  17. Hightower

    FOOTBALL

    Aye, Sunderland I mean Stoke give them a bit of a game
  18. Hightower

    FOOTBALL

    Well that's fine and dandy, but at the end of the day it's still called football in this country
  19. Hightower

    FOOTBALL

    So that makes you American right?
  20. Hightower

    FOOTBALL

    Can recall getting out of school early one Friday to take an away trip to Tranmere many moons ago. Was bucketing down with water, the supporters bus took a wrong turn so we missed the kick off, and it was pay on the gate and I think in the end it was reported that 7,000 Sunderland fans were packed into a 5,000 capacity stand (and it certainly felt like it too!). Didn't help either that the first 5 or so rows of the stand were literally flooded and therefore couldn't be used. One of the police horses stood on my cousins feet that night, so the police let him, me, and my brother in for nothing - dad still had to pay though! Love away days
  21. Hightower

    FOOTBALL

    Sunderland for me. Might as well support Stoke as well seeing as though their squad is 80% ex Sunderland lads
  22. Well according to the NHS site, after 15 years you have as much chance of a heart attack as a non smoker.
  23. Didn't happen for me?! Maybe I still have all that crap in there two years later lol
  24. If you need motivation, just look around and you'll see hardly anybody smokes any more. My dad is an ex punk who started at 9 and even he's been off them for 8 years. Smokers are a dying breed. I'd rather stop on my own saying than stop because the government bans it (which is coming!)
  25. Yeah - not a good deal at all IMO
×
×
  • Create New...