-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Can't whack the bag of goodies EduGeek give you! I was treated like royalty when I turned up at the stand. Some lady (not sure who, sorry) whipped by badge straight off, Dos_Box introduced me to everyone, a goody bag was thrust upon me, and my badge was returned to me with a shiny new EduGeek lanyard. I didn't know where to look, or what to say it was so overwhelming. Then Dos_Box chucked an RM slate my way to have a play, and I started feeling guilty because when my badge was returned I bowed my head for the lady to put on rather than just taking it from her - I didn't mean to be rude or cheeky, I was just so overwhelmed and partly lost functionality of some of my limbs. If the lady wants to tell me who she was, I'll happily offer dinner as way of apology Anyhow, back to the goodies. I only went to the big stalls as I didn't have long so wanted to get the vital 'information'. After sitting with a guy from RM for 30 minutes I asked for goodies and all he gave me was a 6 piece lego to make a duck out of! Bad craic RM, bad craic! I also sat through a KACE demo at Dell (because it looks a good system, not just for the sake of it), and surprisingly got a 1gb USB stick from them at the end - that is definately my best catch of the day.
-
I'm taking my laptop tomorrow, but then I do have a 3 hour train journey down and a 3 hour journey back up.
-
Most desirable sports car on the market?! Sheeeesh, you ought to get out more localzuk! I can think of 100 cars I'd have before the Elise, and a Rover might indeed be one of them!
-
What, like monkeys brains and things like that?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_brains_%28cuisine%29
-
How to log a call on the helpdesk, if your users are the type that try to avoid it at all costs
-
But their web site is an extension of their products, so in effect this little joke going on between webman and myself is pretty much on topic.
-
Found somewhere yet then?
-
So sticking with them because their products are fantastic at a reasonable price must be a Stephen Hawking idea then, right?
-
T-Mobile Fair Usage Policy cut to 500mb (almost across the board)
Hightower replied to Luke_T's topic in General Chat
Shy bairns get no gravy -
T-Mobile Fair Usage Policy cut to 500mb (almost across the board)
Hightower replied to Luke_T's topic in General Chat
Yeah, so why not just move the topic? -
T-Mobile Fair Usage Policy cut to 500mb (almost across the board)
Hightower replied to Luke_T's topic in General Chat
I don't understand the purpose of this post? -
Great fun................. until someone loses an eye P.S. The old lady walking like John Wayne to avoid using the skateboard is hilarious!
-
Awwww, it's so pweeetty! Makes me want to stick with RM now....... ......phew, glad that short phase is over with, now back to ripping RM slowly from our network
-
I'll echo that statement as well Sounds to me like somebody is afraid of change Open your arms and embrace it!
-
Got mine last week, and printed my avatar on it too
-
Free money for your school! Easyfundraising.org.uk
Hightower replied to Rydra's topic in General Chat
QuidCo is a cashback scheme, not a discount scheme. For instance, I got £100 back last year for signing up to Sky through QuidCo. -
Only 12?! Come 2012 you'll be wishing you had 20 hehe!
-
If wireless N as min, what's the max? @OP: I would stay away from Acer - if it blows up their support is terrible. HP and Dell have good support (in my experience), and Toshiba's are the brand of choice at school - we haven't had many issues with them through the years but they do seem to run very hot for my liking. Other than that, most laptops nowadays have much of a muchness in terms of starting specs (i.e. majority have HDMI out, eSATA port, etc etc). One thing I like on my VAIO is the independant keys on the keyboard - each key has a small gap from the next, and although it's strange at first, typo's are drastically reduced once you get used to it. P.S. My VAIO also has a full keyboard and numberpad as well, which is a godsend.
-
I bought Bonnie Tylers car the other day. Pain in the backside - every now and then it falls apart
-
What @sted; has suggested is different to why you are getting the error. Rather than write a script to insert the reg entry, just put the reg entry straight into the GPO and you should be fine.
-
We keep keys from old broken keyboards, and replace as soon as we are notified - the kids get bored soon enough. Also, get your teaching staff to do checks as others have said.
-
Dos_Box - see if you can give tech_guy a little knock, he's jumping again http://www.edugeek.net/forums/jokes-interweb-things/68157-bonnie-tyler-joke.html
-
A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote pasture when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of the dust cloud towards him. The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the shepherd... "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?" The shepherd looked at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looked at his peacefully-grazing flock and calmly answered, "Sure." The yuppie parked his car, whipped out his IBM Thinkpad and connected it to a cell phone, then he surfed to a NASA page on the internet where he called up a GPS satellite navigation system, scanned the area, and then opened up a database and an Excel spreadsheet with complex formulas. He sent an email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, received a response. Finally, he prints out a 130 page report on his miniaturized printer then turns to the shepherd and says....... "You have exactly 1586 sheep." "That is correct; take one of the sheep." said the shepherd. He watches the young man select one of the animals and bundle it into his car. Then the shepherd says: "If I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my animal?" "OK, why not." answered the young man. "Clearly, you are a consultant." said the shepherd. "That's correct." says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?" "No guessing required." answers the shepherd. "You turned up here although nobody called you. You want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked, and you don't know crap about my business.... Now give me back my dog."
-
Also, to add on from @localzuk I'd say that if you don't have enough memory and don't have any lying around spare, I believe with Windows 7 you can plug in a USB stick and tell the PC to use that as additional RAM. I've never actually used it mind so not sure how it works, but it may be handy depending on your situation.
