Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Hightower

Members
  • Posts

    5,005
  • Joined

Everything posted by Hightower

  1. A lot of 3 hours in one sitting - anyone care to share how they felt in that 3rd hour?
  2. Well, we booked our camp site for two nights, and everything is paid for. Just when I had plenty to look forward too (new tattoo, seeing the foo's holiday in April) they come and announce a new album is on the way, and it's gonna be pure and raw, Nirvana styleeee!! Here's the teaser Dave and the boys have released for all you Foo's lovers out there! It sounds immense! YouTube - Foo Fighters -Teaser
  3. First and third should give you some info: Search
  4. Could be way off the mark, but it looks like you're appending, and have only set the file size to 210GB. Surely if you are appending, it won't create a new B2D file, but will instead add to the current one, so should that file size not be as large as the storage, i.e. 1.5GB?
  5. Haven't read all the replies, but I spoke to a lady on the SIMS stand at BETT and she assured me there was a Droid version in the making. Couldn't give a date, and couldn't comment on Windows 7 or BlackBerry though. The iPad/iPhone app looked good - clean and simple to use, so looking forward to seeing this for Android.
  6. I mainly use it for two reasons. 1) To stay up to date with my niece and nephew - I can see photo's, paintings, videos etc when my brother/sister-in-law posts them up 2) As secretary of a football club, to get quick messages out to footballers such as training times etc. Other than that, it's a load of crap.
  7. Just had a request to see if there's a way in Moodle (plugin etc?) to add gradebook comment history. I've had a quick google and can't see anything but thought someone here might know. I think the teacher wants it so if they change a comment in the gradebook, the old comment is still there in a kind of versioning. Anyhow, shouldn't complicate things - simple enough for people to understand
  8. Confused.com...... "yes, I am confused, confused about where that lady is pulling a 5-foot microphone stand from at the start of the advert!" http://www.youtube.com/user/CaraConfused#p/u/0/MeuaMuRP9FI&kw=confused+com+advert+Exact
  9. Can I post the link up, to save people having to search? Twynham School and SharePoint 2010 - Microsoft UK Schools blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
  10. Done deal
  11. Yeah, kind of annoying. I had a waltz upstairs when I was there, and there was a "we can beat your printing costs by 15%" stand. A woman was poaching on this side of the stand, and a man poaching on the other side. The woman tried to thrust a leaflet into my hand to which I said "no thanks". I saw that the guy saw me refuse but knew what was coming. When I reached him he tried to thrust a leaflet into my hand. I couldn't help myself so turned to him and lost my head. I started ranting about how he just saw me refuse a leaflet from his colleague, and then I went into a tirade about I would never use a company that employed those kind of tactics. I think he got a little bit of a shock.
  12. Was neph the other lad talking to them?! It was hard to make out, I was just watching the webcam and one moment you were talking to the guys on the stand, then the next minute you were over there talking to the ladies.
  13. That's one thing we can agree on
  14. Darren is in a fixed term contract. The transfer fee is compensation to the club for him prematurely ending his contract. My contract, on the other hand is permanent, but it mentions nothing of me having to stay here for a fixed term. The Army on the other hand do have fixed term contracts, and also seek compensation should you wish to leave early. This is normally paid by the person in question, but I'm sure if an employer was desperate enough they would pay the amount.
  15. He hasn't left yet
  16. Yes, the other night I made some title screens and such, but they are at home. I'll post them up for you later on tonight. Cheers,
  17. Try using them somewhere in the north sea, go missing for a few years, get your missus to claim on the insurance, and then come back home when all has settled down. Plan without a flaw
  18. Hmm, so far all but one has been 4 hours or less. Would be good to hear your stories though (just how you felt, how much longer you could probably have gone if needed etc) if you don't mind and have a minute.
  19. I've been to see what you call 'scratchers' before - people that tattoo from their home. Nothing wrong with it, as long as you know he's up to the task, and that all his equipment is sterile - make sure to ask him about this. A lot of artists I've been to leave the needles in the wrapping right up until you go in just so you can see that they are brand new. I get to a state where I feel drunk - it's strange to explain. I can cope just fine with the outline, it's when the shading needles come into play when I start to feel it. I think I have a higher tolerance of pain on my back though, so should be ok.
  20. And I wonder who voted 8 hours plus in the poll - it would be good to hear your story whoever it is
  21. I know how addictive it is, to the point that I've tattooed myself on more than one occasion As for going back to the same artist, I disagree. I think tattoos are a collection, and I like to use a different artist for each tattoo. And as for speaking to the artist, I'm sure that would be fine for the first hour or two, but I bet conversation would slowly dry up. Best to have something in place to take my mind off it if it does dry up. Might just take a book though too
  22. Where abouts is that then?
  23. I have the famous Foo Fighters double F on the top of my back, over my spine. It felt surprisingly easier to take there than it did on my arm. I've just been reading different people's posts elsewhere on the web, and most seem to hit a barrier at 3 to 4 hours. With me never having sat for longer than two I'm a bit nervous about being able to take that. Apparently adrenalin runs short after 4 and the pain starts to hit home.
  24. How did you feel in the last hour? Could you have gone on for much longer do you feel? I'm probably worrying about nothing with it all - just need to pinch an iPod off someone.
×
×
  • Create New...