-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Where's the single fail point?
-
Microsoft recommend that a physical DC is running, and that virtualised servers are ran as member servers. As in my diagram here: We want to run all our DC's as virtualised servers (otherwise what's the point of virtualising them in a failover way as we could lose the physical DC and be screwed) as in this diagram. Is this actually possible? Does anyone have their setup similar to this?
-
I'm gutted - I thought my idea's were mediocre and were worth considering Ah well, thank you daniel san
-
You go on holiday and enjoy yourself. We've got a busy 6 months ahead of us, but I know I'm going to enjoy a week in centre parcs over easter, and a fortnight in france in the summer.
-
See, now with that font you used and the name all I can think of is "How long will Shakey hand man shake hands. Is it A, 30 second, B, 60 second, or C 180 second. Place your bets...... now!"
-
Not at all, I just can't speak japanese
-
No reply on a ping. What are the security implications of each machine being publicly accessible?
-
Is that how you spell bonsai? I thought it was bonzii, guess i'll not be able to find your site
-
But IPv4 should work in your network fine still right? Unless every PC is visible to the internet?
-
Moving is critical in this instance though. Set them away through RMMC. The one's that fail I will do the delete, move, restore method afterwards
-
What have people found is the best way to move users from one server to another on a CC3 network? I'm currently using the RMMC to move users, and so far only about 15 out of 38 have successfully moved - the others have failed, for a reason I reckon is to do with file lengths and locked files etc. So, what is the most successful way of moving users? I know there's a couple of methods, one being: 1) Ensure a good copy is held of work/profiles 2) Delete work/profile within each user area 3) Move again using RMMC 4) Restore work/profile from good copy to new location Any other suggestions?
-
I beg your pardon
-
Much like there's a new Call of Duty every November If people are gonna continue to bow down to Jobbs then Jobbs is gonna continue to take them for a ride. Like I'm taken for a ride every year with the new Call of Duty, and add-on map packs etc etc
-
Gotta agree with X-13. I haven't looked for other articles, but it all seems a bit 'fake'
-
Have you gone CC3 --> Vanilla? Have you recently implemented a S2008 network from scratch? Have you recently implemented Hyper-V Server R2, with failover? Any of the above, I would love to chat to you so if you are willing to share your tales please PM me. Thanks,
-
I'm not worried about moving, just need to know what people use in place of RM functions.
-
Yep, completely understand that argument. We've got certain SLA's with the LEA though which we plan to keep in place in case the brown stuff hits, so there's always a level of escalation which is not a bad thing to have.
-
Got to admit I'd rather be too cold than too hot. It's a whole lot easier to warm up when cold, than to cool down when hot.
-
Yep - that's what I keep telling the boss. It's all a wrapper to make it prettier. Printing was the one I was stuck on.
-
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, just trying to plan a bit. What are the alternatives (preferably free) to RM products used/features. Examples: RM Tutor --> iTalc EasyLink --> Addon for Moodle that covers this Print Management --> ???? Can't think of others at the moment but if you have moved CC3/4 --> Vanilla what software did you replace some of the RM stuff with?
-
And I'm guessing it would be easy to modify this script to tell it to run the VM from a different physical box?
-
Great resource @gshaw, and really liking what Hyper-V can do. Does anybody know how it handles a shutdown prompt from a UPS? Does it shutdown the VM/transfer the VM to another physical box before powering down?
-
I put 'Newcastle' in, and it returned only one case, from last night.
-
Well we got the dog back from the vets last night, and he looked quite perky considering he'd just been out on the table. Thing is, when we went to bed we had to put one of those cones on, and it was horrible. It took him about an hour to settle, and it felt like he was never gonna settle, but then at 11 he calmed down and dropped off to sleep all night - he slept next to us on the floor and I didn't hear him move once through the night. Now we have to go out and leave him alone for the first time since getting him. Hope he settles right down
-
Alright - I have a bunch of questions about this still. Would anyone be willing to let me contact them through email to ask away? If so, please PM me with your address. Thanks
