Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Bompalompalomp

Members
  • Posts

    772
  • Joined

Everything posted by Bompalompalomp

  1. Well, that's certainly one-upped me! When I was at high school somebody literally cut out the window by the sealing and stuck a wooden plank through the window's bars to open the emergency exit to steal our laptops. Just wandered through the exit then and wheeled them out on a trolley while the door alarm was blaring.
  2. A few I made handover documents for that I haven't seen mentioned if it's still of use for you: School website information - login, contacts for the host, ideal management, information that needs updating and an outstanding issue with it and information on resolving it Smoothwall specifics, logon, and details of things that might look odd being in the block or allow lists. Staff requirements (e.g. "Office staff member X is still in process of using mail merge after being briefly trained on it, you may get a lot of calls about it") VLE/Common web resources issues Macbook/iPad specific issues and a basic runthrough of apple configurator because in the brief meeting I had with them he had never heard of it.
  3. At my old school there was stuff like first aid, event and grounds photographs... I taught a couple of computing lessons in emergencies, one with computing history and a few when the supply had no idea about programming. My favourite was helping the the caretaker out a lot with stuff like cabling and decorating when I had free time and for a while picked most of the locks he'd lost (or had never been given) the keys to in the school.
  4. I was really thankful anyway, but it was a bit of a kick to the teeth when I knew what was implied: When my business manager left, I had to basically run around pushing staff for the collection fund. Some people were really mean about it too, saying they didn't care. I managed to push just over £100 which went in an amazon voucher, and this was after guilting several teachers and one of my family members who had met him and liked him insisting they can give. When I handed it in the office said it was very measley and mean of the staff because when teachers leave they tend to get jewellery and vouchers to nearly double that. When I left I got considerably less than that in a voucher! Still very thankful and it came in handy, but it definitely showed which members of staff didn't care as they were probably the same ones who refused to give to his.
  5. Been seeing this a lot from the BBC as of late. They've posted detailed information about military operations that haven't happened yet before! The quality of their news seems to have sadly gone down rapidly recently.
  6. Brilliant! Perfect riding socks. Email sent.
  7. I will call it the Grom until the day I die, it's too cute.
  8. You're giving me a great impression of the kids there!
  9. I'm glad you're okay! That view always scares me because that could kill me on a bike. Had a near miss that was almost exactly this except on a dual carriageway last month, so luckily nothing oncoming. If your frame isn't damaged and the external damage can be repaired it shouldn't devalue it much if at all. P.S. your singing is terrible
  10. The 2014 model has it stock as well as a different headlight, the older ones like pictured are an additional option.
  11. Computer history! That was my computer club's favourite part after building a computer. I taught them all about Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace and the analytical engine, Bletchley Park's war efforts and so on. None of the girls could have even named a computer pioneer before, but they decided Ada Lovelace, Alan Turing and Grace Hopper were their favourite people they'd learned about afterwards.
  12. My count this year: One card from a cleaner
  13. We're overthrowing Dosbox, aren't we? I knew this day would come.
  14. Certainly is, I'm keeping an eye.
  15. I'm even putting her away for the ice and snow (ice in the mornings already.... eek) because I'm so scared of losing her ;-;
  16. Vegvísir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I hate rain.
  17. I call her Sally because she's my Ride.
  18. I have two! One from a child and another from a teacher that is actually just a request disguised as a thank you. "Thanks a lot but while I'm writing this can you..."
  19. Pfft, lucky! You can do my coursework for me then. People keep walking in during my coughing fits and going "gosh, that sounds bad". Never would've guessed, thanks for telling me! And then they still want me for first aid. :/
  20. D'awwww
  21. I don't usually get gifts from anyone other than best friends unless I'm in a Secret Santa because of family issues. No gift from family in years. If I see a sale, I'm going to get an SSD for my new laptop that my best friend got me. But I'm using pretty much all of my spare money otherwise on gifts. In the Amazon sales I bought two portable powerbanks and I'm giving one to my friend I ride motorcycles with because we always find we run out of battery when we use our phones as sat navs! I can't top the laptop as a gift but I'm trying to meet how happy it made me by buying my best friend a bunch of nerf guns!
  22. I refuse to give the DM my traffic but I'm assuming by accessing porn they mean "The site we googled for colouring books has adverts for those browser MMOs with elves in lingerie", which is something I've had here more than once.
  23. The same reason why there's not a David Cameron Ken doll. ohgodthatwouldbehorrifying
  24. Absolutely disgusted when I saw this, especially as someone who was always given barbies as a kid and a few of them were outdoorsy enough to make me happy. It's just sad that they still can't get it right.
×
×
  • Create New...