Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Bompalompalomp

Members
  • Posts

    772
  • Joined

Everything posted by Bompalompalomp

  1. Bats are my favourite animals so this is killing me! It shouldn't chew anything, UK bats eat insects mostly. It most likely just wants to chill out somewhere dark and warm. I suggest your best option is to release a swarm of locusts into the ceilings so it doesn't get hungry...
  2. I've submitted mine, everybody else can stop now.
  3. Never get a scooter if you want to ride something bigger one day. Scooters are more dangerous. Their balance is far worse, they're more unstable and their smaller wheels make it terrifying to try and get out of situations. A 50cc scooter is barely able to keep up with side road traffic, please go for a 125. (Also they look pants)
  4. An unapologetic admitted rapist trying desperately to get attention after his career has failed because of the stupid things he's said and his publicity stunt of a samsung battery explosion failed... Pathetic.
  5. Got to explore a bunch of old abandoned sites when I was 10-13 when my mom was a security guard. Weirdest one was the old abandoned factory she let me walk around where in one room there was a makeshift firepit and a pile of "magazines" left there. The firepit couldn't have been more than a few days old...
  6. My friend: "Tex Mix" Somebody else: "nuhveeda" for nVidia.
  7. Yep, that's the book. Their new album is great, but their last album was the best release of that year trumping anything IMO. I luckily managed to see them for both album tours Dig out their albums, power through them and then read the book while listening to them again. Half of it is transcriptions from old diary entries that give insight into lyrics and song meanings, it's a great book to listen to the discography while reading!
  8. I most recently finished Laura Jane Grace from Against Me!'s autobiography as they're my favourite band and I just finished it before I went to see them, it was amazing. (Title is NSFW though so I haven't linked it) A few I keep swapping to and fro: Fun Home by Alison Bechdel, The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker, Tank Girl
  9. You'd better stay, there needs to be at least one person here with worse taste in anime than me...
  10. Pretty much what I already do. Of course then comes "well I didn't like vegetables as a kid but I still had to eat them" and "HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE MEAT IT'S SO DELICIOUS" and watch them rant about how the only correct way to cook a steak is how they have it.
  11. I'm struggling between either a dead presidents joke or a soylent green joke but they're both a bit too American...
  12. It would be expected because people who handle meat obviously also handle money? Just like people who don't wipe their hands after the toilet also handle money... You're making it sound like vegetarians are obsessive or being hypochondriacs about touching anything that's ever touched meat.
  13. Couldn't agree more. I've been a vegetarian since I was 8 years old for my own variety of reasons, most of which come down to trying to have as little negative impact on the world as possible. When I have to wear leather I buy it second hand (motorcycle gear) only. I try to avoid animal byproducts when possible or at least when they directly contribute to the industry. But one person can't be infallible. I still wear leather sometimes, I have animals that need feeding meat, I still contribute to the dairy and egg industries by not being vegan. I sometimes buy Unilever products. I use roads and computers and other technologies that not only use animal byproducts but indirectly support companies with awful human rights violations. I can't avoid all of these things, but it would be nice to know! The slaughter industry is one of the most harmful industries in existence no matter what way you slice it and there's nothing wrong with criticising the government for helping prop it up. Yes, no animal did to make these notes (and yes, it is only trace amounts) but when they print these in bulk it adds up and the money still goes toward the industry. It's not just something small for people to complain about because you read a 140-character tweet from somebody who's upset that you don't like. You can criticise "triggered" vegans all you want, but you can't deny that it's a very valid criticism of an approach toward production that could easily be made more ethical but isn't because it raises profit margins.
  14. The same people bringing up the religious implication probably aren't the same ones denouncing religion. Additionaly, bringing up religious implications doesn't mean you are defending or agreeing with them. (But back to topic...)
  15. It's not the first or the last time the government has completely neglected important demographics... One of the reasons the Bombay Rebellion happened was they gave Hindu and Muslim allies ammunition they had to bite to use that contained animal fat without telling them.
  16. As a vegetarian I'm not bothered its presence itself. It's unavoidable these days, with LCD screens/plastics and so many products that you cannot avoid using. I am however bothered by the disregard for people. Allowing it to go into circulation before letting the public know, for example. And knowingly including something that will frustrate a sizeable demographic of people rather than going for one of the plenty alternatives. The presence of animal byproducts is usually unavoidable but the government could at least attempt to not help prop up the meat industry (one of the most harmful industries to ever exist, even if you're not a vegetarian you can agree with this) to cut costs. This especially coming from a government that has been claiming to be the greenest yet while really being the opposite. It's not just vegetarians or vegans, by the way. (Some) strict Hindus and Muslims are forbidden from knowingly handling anything with beef/pork byproducts in. I would like to remind people that living in a world where it is impossible to be 100% impactless doesn't mean you're a hypocrite or that you should stop "whining" when it's so easily avoidable. It's not hypocritical for a consumer to use a phone screen. But it is thoughtless of our government to not consider this and tell people now rather than before they produced it.
  17. Stuff You Missed in History Class | Stuff You Missed in History - Often overlooked history topics. Podcasts | Stuff You Should Know - Lots of topics and concepts broken down and discussed. Stuff Mom Never Told You - Feminist discussions, discussions on gender/social trends or history and bringing light to movements/women often overlooked in history again. Sometimes they do some good silly topics too. (There was an episode on Emoji a while ago.) (Often NSFW) - Comedian friends discussing and explaining (and ragging on) morbid topics like cults, serial killers, occult & paranormal activity and conspiracy theories. Private Eye | Official Site - the UK's number one best-selling news and current affairs magazine, edited by Ian Hislop - Ian Hislop's Private Eye podcast. Honorary mentions go to Lore, Hardcore History & Tech Stuff.
  18. My friend's CBF is pretty much brown and orange rather than black. My YBR's 2 years old now and the paint basically just falls off after a while, which is annoying. After riding through a flood last month, any exposed bit of metal has rust on the edges, and my exhaust is disgusting.
  19. 4 stroke good, 2 stroke baaaaad.
  20. I'm surrounded by the sadness of this, it's horrific and breaks my heart. The communities that I follow have all been personally affected. I was on holiday with my girlfriend when this happened and it was happening the second that it was reported on the news that people I follow on social media were panicking. Drag Queens I know from TV, watch and adore were there as patrons and performers, and were shot at and lost their family and friends. The way that this has been treated in the media is disgusting. Immediately turning to "what does a huge bigot and the wife of the man who signed the DOMA into power have to say to further their campaigns?" rather than helping the community. The blood ban on non-celibate gay men has become ridiculous, to the point where they can't even help their own friends. This could be used to bring attention to the survivors and victims to get them support, but all anyone in the public eye seems to want to do is point the finger at either gun control or islam. LGBT people don't care. Nobody impacted by this wants it politicised. They just don't want to lose more people to violence. Hopefully America will stop arguing about transgender people being the greatest threat to people in public toilets, because that argument should have been dead long before this.
  21. Birmingham-wise, Cafe Soya is a buffet place that does a lot of vegan dishes and some meat dishes too. Haven't been there yet, but heard it's pretty good for the veg selection.
  22. Dress, cardigan and flats for me here. I've had a few comments on how it's weird seeing me walk into school in my "butch biker gear" and come out five minutes later with my dress on. Laddering about 3 pairs of tights every week from the velcro pockets in my armoured bike trousers gets old fast, though.
  23. U-S-A! U-S-A!
  24. When I did both of mine, the simulations threw off everyone's scores a lot and made it pass/fail for a few people so it's definitely worth looking online for what people have said about them. There's a lot of discussion about those as there's a different pool of simulations for every resit of an exam so I'd check them out online on forums. It sucks because all the exam prep books, the official guides and even my lecturer weren't prepping for the simulations or even aware of them and they turned out to be the hardest part of it for a lot of people. I'd have to say generally focus on the multiple choice questions and nailing those and then being very aware of the likely scenarios the simulator is going to give you. I do remember for my 802 sit there was a simulated mobile phone environment for configuring wireless on an iOS-like device and a few more command line ones like flushing DNS and fixing IP or DHCP issues. It doesn't cover any of the simulations (but some of the situations that the simulators give you) but I still have my Mike Meyers A+ book I used and passed with that I can spare if you'd like it.
×
×
  • Create New...