Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. Um... you MUST fibre between buildings, otherwise electrical faults across phases can result in a potential of 415V. The phase difference can also cause timing problems and such like, but this is the deadly one.
  2. (my emphasis) This isn't the case for us: maybe we have more recent software, but our staff can do everything without the box plugged in, and then come and get it from us just before their lesson. Again, this isn't my experience. We push out an MSI of it and it runs perfectly happily for users, though I don't remember if the driver needs installing by hand or not (I think not). The latest software is on their website, fill in the form and they will email you a download link. It requires .Net 3.5 nowadays. Anyway, to answer the original question: no, it doesn't integrate with SMART in the Notebook sense, but yes you can continue to use the smartboard to click through slides, draw on top of them and so on.
  3. Hmm. If they're going to use proper free licenses, then yes it is. But this being the UK, there's a good chance it will still be heavily restricted proprietary code that they can have a peer at from time to time if they like
  4. an iTablet
  5. It's not even like we make it hard, they have to look at a list of options and choose the one that they know if familiar...
  6. No, I set dialog to show the domain option by default, and managed to get everybody to cope with it. Took a few weeks. Here we are one domain so we don't have the same problem.
  7. Correct. Hence the activation shortcut, %SYSTEM%\oobe\oobe.exe /a.
  8. Hmm, neither do I and now reading about it again I'm not sure you can do this. Anyway, the white papers are here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/r2/identity_management/adfswhitepaper.mspx
  9. No - enlighten me? It's probably a helpful tale at this juncture anyway.
  10. Which I don't think is what the OP is trying to get at. It sounds like you want to have the same details whatever domain the user is in so they don't have to remember anything more complicated than their password - I know, I've been there too. The only way around that is to merge your domains into one*. *actually, you probably could do it with Federation Services, but this is dangerously complex.
  11. ..but of course, as far as the child domain is concerned, they are a totally different entity to the account in the parent domain.
  12. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the LNM forum was originally for this software, now discontinued by Microsoft: Learning Network Manager The name is misleading though. Feel free to post in it though
  13. Set browser.xul.error_pages.expert_bad_cert to true in about:config Browser.xul.error pages.expert bad cert - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
  14. Just faster fingers. I'm not prepared to derail threads, if you have a problem with me take it to PM.
  15. I'm afraid not, Real Life™ has been really quite inconvenient lately. If you've subscribed to shutdownertron-announce, I'll email you when I have a date. The maintenance of such a solution is what Shutdownertron is designed to ease. See the info page.
  16. There was no sarcasm, although the ambiguity also applies to the question.
  17. That's what their badges are for. You know, on the left.
  18. Hmm, the thought is nice, but it opens the school up other liabilities... what if it fails, who is responsible for getting it warrantied? Should staff instead buy other items that are more of a necessity? What will happen when other parents hear of it?
  19. I want your job would you like mine?
  20. I'm not sure "reading publicly-made posts" counts as spying...
  21. Not sure how you come up with half... is three fifths reasonable? five eighths? The supply teacher hasn't lost a bit of it, they've lost the whole thing.
  22. In my view, the school is negligent. The supply teacher took on responsibility for it when s/he took on possession through confiscating it. This kind of thing is precisely why we don't allow student laptops in school, even in sixth form.
  23. MOBOTIX - DualNight M12D (example only, it's not all that cheap)
  24. The only silly question is the one you didn't ask even if there is a monkey-disguised wind-up merchant lurking nearby...
×
×
  • Create New...