Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

smithson83

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

Everything posted by smithson83

  1. Would anyone care to share a list of their generic whitelisted locations? EDIT: ie, one they would consider mandatory for a working system
  2. After a bit more research, it does seem to be part of the SAU. I'll work around it and hope its legit. Is there anyway to whitelist/exclude a directory with FSRM?
  3. does anyone know if this is a legit file? FSRM found it but as its on the C: drive it only notified me it was there. was wondering if it was an actual Sophos dll, I did a quick google, but nothing came up.
  4. It's what others have at your expense
  5. the "IP_of_scope" will be the start of the IP range eg 192.168.0.0, not the server address
  6. Apparently not, BUT, there is hope... Link you can run to export your dhcp data to a text file, (delete the scope), change the subnet in the txt file then run to recreate it. or so say MS
  7. I 2nd this, its what we do. Half VM's on one, replicating to the other, and vice versa. Backing up to a NAS, and a set of external drives for offsite.
  8. I guess, a Weekly Bare Metal Recovery using Windows Server Backup could be sufficient, and use Veeam to do Nightly incremental backups of all the VM's. Best of both worlds, have a configured server to restore from (with little teaks etc made along the way, plus all the updates etc), plus the ludicrously fast backup times of Veeam for all the, as rightly put, important VM bits.
  9. 1) It takes a lot more than 20mins to Install, update and configure MS 2012R2 Datacentre 2) I disagree, backing up the host is good practice, and saves time when all about you are flapping
  10. I have two hosts that Replicate to each other. I backup one host using BackupAssist. This allows, full/granular restore of the VM's, but also a Bare Metal restore of the Host as well. My only issue with BA is that it takes a donkeys age to backup the server (seem to only do a full backup each night ~ 6hrs), compared to ~20mins for Veeam to do just the VM's (Obv Imcremental)
  11. But what do you guys do for the Local host? As far as I can tell from my trial, Veeam is soley for the VM's, I don't want to be rebuilding my host from scratch in the event of a failure if I can help it.
  12. Does the Fan spin when on?
  13. Just wanted to Publicly say thanks to Impero for following up on my, possibly overly snotty, email (and gripe on here). Just had a call, he guy was very polite and apologetic for the current situation. They have employed extra people, and hope to resolve the current problems asap. So Thank You, and I wait in hope...
  14. Their Support is alive, I can vouch for this, just received an email back from them... Ok, useful... thanks for the detailed and personal response...
  15. other side of the coin
  16. was sent this a while ago
  17. Why Did Adele cross the road... ...to say... "Hello from the other side"
  18. The Card we use is the Startech 2 Port PCI Express SuperSpeed USB3 w/UASP PEXUSB3S25, nothing fancy (its a secondary backup for offsite), but it does the job.
  19. Could be the USB controller, maybe try a PCI/PCIe USB card? I use one that adds USB3 to our servers and backup to USB-HDDs
  20. USB - Cat5 Converter?
  21. Fully working or stripped down? the way I understood it, the Main box would work, but you'd have to have SkyBB for the remote boxes and some of the other features to work.
  22. Sorry, prob just me being thick, could you elaborate on £2/month???
  23. I was wondering if one (or a few) of you could answer a couple of questions about Veeam. We have 2x Hyper-V hosts and 10 VM's to back up, 5 on each host replicated on to the other. 1) Could I just backup one server (10 VM's 5 online, 5 offline), and thus buy Veeam licencing for one Host (2 licences for two CPU's), or is there an issue or limitations to doing this? 2) How do you rate Veeam's Replication compared to Hyper-V Replication, we currently just replicated from one local server to another for failover, doesn't have to be automatic, just reliable. We also may extend the replication at some point to a third server. 3) How do you guys run the Backup jobs? Currently I have two separate jobs, one full backup to a NAS at far end of school, and a separate full job that backs up to a set of external drives which are taken off site. (so essentially D2D & D2D not D2D2D) Any help or pointers would greatly received.
  24. OK... Having had a quick look around (I'm terrible at making notes), it looks as though I had to submit a request to Reallusion after getting the Serial Number for our educational licence to get the "Reallusion Product Deployment Tool" which sits in the same directory as the .exe and a .ini file which has the package name and serial number in. I then reference the deployment tool in GP. Also any add on packs I have are in a separate folder with a copy of the tool, ini file etc and deploy that separately. Hope this helps
×
×
  • Create New...