-
Posts
641 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by smithson83
-
I remember it being a PITA. I'm off site all day tomorrow, but I'll have a look on friday. There's a few files, I think there was a dedicated network install.
-
You could possibly start off with a word cloud from ABCYa, wordle et al, save it as an image, then take your photo and use a colour replace tool/chromakey/green screen etc to merge the two
-
Do you just ring customer services and ask for one? Did you have to jump through any hoops or prove you have poor signal? I moved house before Christmas and not liking using the Three inTouch app, if only for the fact it doesn't use the same tone for txts and ones you get using the app don't appear in your usual msg app.
-
the starting value would be whatever you set counter as on the first line before you get into the loop, then change the 20 to how many times you want to run though eg set counter=246 and then if you wanted to run to exam378, 378-264 is 132 so youd change the (1, 1, 20) to (1, 1, 132)
-
maybe... 20 being the loop number
-
you could add a variable for the exam number and loop round eg 20 times incrementing each loop
-
Now im just clutching at straws, sorry, but maybe...
-
what about something like (again, pseudo code) in my head this walks through each dir name and runs "rmdir /s /q" on sub files and folders within... EDIT: just thinking you may need to nest the for loop
-
I really expected that to be a spelling mistake...
-
I'm sure someone else may be able to better this, but, you could output the list of folders then kill all files and folders, then recreate the list of folders maybe something like (pseudo code);
-
1) If you're paying the bill, you should get what you ask for... 2) Thy look remarkably similar to the one we have... Whilst the doors are quite flimsy, it does the job
-
Have any of you "left" your County supplied internet provision, but kept it as a failover with a different supplier? We (read I) want to leave our County's Broadband SLA, but as its top-sliced we've been told we wont get any money back by leaving. So I was wondering if its possible to keep the line, associated setup, IP range etc, but only use it as failover/secondary line. Now I know (think) in theory at leased it should be possible with load balancing etc but in practice, would the council allow this and is it really practical. Do any of you have a similar setup?
-
Right-Brained? Left-brained? Take The Brain Test!
smithson83 replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
L:31% / R:69% - Chaos and Curiosity, that's not a good combination -
I'm gonna just say it... I don't really like pancakes
-
office 365 Services not available (can you check yours)
smithson83 replied to round2it's topic in Cloud Services
We had this on Fri and Mon, but just on the web, Phones, Tablets and Outlook were all fine. Seems to be doing the same today, get the login page, but hangs when you log in. -
Group Policy - Home folder redirection - Favourites location issue
smithson83 replied to CHiLL's topic in Windows Server 2012
Sorry, still on my first cup of wake up Juice... Does it still fail if you change the Target folder location setting to "Redirect to the following location", over creating a folder for each user? -
Group Policy - Home folder redirection - Favourites location issue
smithson83 replied to CHiLL's topic in Windows Server 2012
Can you setting the policy to "Basic - Redirect everyone's to the same location " then use; \\staff\staffhome$\%username%\Documents\Favorites -
You should be able to use FSRM to block saving .exe, .msi etc to certain locations for certain user groups, in fact I would recommend it see Cryptolocker Prevention. But I recently rolled chrome out and set %HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%\Downloads as the downloads destination and that prevented staff from downloading, albeit accidently.
-
If you get the Family package @ £36, then it may be worth the upgrade. £6 extra /mnth for SkyQ or £18 /mnth for SkyQ Silver, but you get a free multi-room(SkyQmini) box for that (so really only an extra £12). Its really whether you want to new tech. the old boxes are getting past it now, the interface in clunky and frustrating. Also if you get the Sky Q Silver, and have crappy wifi, the Minis acts as a repeater using powerline , bonus Edit:if you're an existing customer you pay £99 set up, and and extra £50 if you're just a BB customer/.
-
I would of thought pushing the backup to a remote machine would be better. The backup software would be "aware" of services etc running on the Server to be backed up, VSS, SQL, Exhange, DeDupe etc, this may not be the case when pulling the backup to a remote machine.
-
-
Russell has arrived, he's guarding my coffee atm... Thanks @Net-Ctrl
