Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

smithson83

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

Everything posted by smithson83

  1. Sorry, belay that... Found the answer by following FishCustard's link to http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind-red-door/177589-phishing-emails-26.html The answer to add it via powershell is on page 26, not sure if the link should have taken me there, but my phone opened page 1 and I had just woken up.
  2. Sorry to ask what may be a simple question... @FishCustard do I just add the regex ([uu]nable|[Cc]annot|[Cc]lick here) ?(to)? (open|display|show|view) ?(this|full)? (e-?mail|message) to a mail flow rule to match the email body/contents? We had it at our place a few days ago, a few mins and several staff clicks later there were thousands of emails and dozens of users sending spam. I ended up blocking/deleting any instance of "delayed message:".
  3. Hi guys, We started to notice that the School 121 wireless profile can now be forgotten. When the devices were first set up we used the Win8.1 wireless setting and XML file and the "Forget" button was greyed out so the pupils couldn't get rid of it. But recently this isn't working and I'm getting a "Remediation Failed" error for practically every device. I've tried using an OMA-URI setting to put the wireless profile in which works, but they can click forget. Any help would be great. [edit] Forgot to add, we're using Win10 1803
  4. Colour me intrigued...
  5. Sorry to hijack the thread. @Arthur @mavhc @Mic_Impero I was wondering if it's worth setting up a thread for Impero Injection Exclusions.
  6. Thanks @FN-GM I'm quite familiar with the Ruckus kit. I was more wondering about best practices and a rate to aim for etc.
  7. Thanks @AlanD, I'll double check all that with our Lightspeed setup. I'm pretty sure that most if not all of that is done (all setup before I started, but heard complaints from kids that they can't get to xyz, which is always a good sign). Most of our traffic is generated from 365, which is only going to increase as we move more towards Teams and OneDrive etc. We've have only recently started to see our 100mbps Gamma line hit 98-99Mbps on a regular basis, and have started the move up to 300Mbps on 1Gbps Bearer. We're also looking into a back up 100Mbps line to fall inline with mutterings of SLT wanting to migrate more services to Azure.
  8. We use Ruckus wireless, Lightspeed filtering and a Sonicwall.
  9. Hi Guys, Just a quick one for advise / confirmation. Do you, those who have a 1to1 scheme, rate limit the devices at the SSID level, or do you just QoS at the Firewall / Filter. We currently have Y7&8 on the scheme and seeing the BB hammered (already in motion to upgrade the line), but I was wondering how many of you physically restrict each device, and what rate do you set it to. At the minute I've left it unlimited, which is how it was when I started the Job. Now these devices don't (for the most part) touch our network except for filtering / monitoring etc. So their existence relies on the web, but I don't want them to just have as much bandwidth as they can grab, but also not to limit them to much. Any advice welcome... Cheers
  10. I've been told by one of our Techs that Sugru is very good. Mouldable Glue, sets hard.
  11. Dropped @Steve21 a PM, sorry to jump on the bandwagon. GPOs for W10 were written by the previous NM (mostly for 8.1) quite a while ago, and would be good to check some up to date ones to compare.
  12. Sorry for the delay... The parents pay through a third party contribution scheme. The devices are filtered using Lightspeed mobile filter. Also we have Impero that only tracks high level safeguarding issues when off-site (determined via IP range) and locks them down when on our wireless.
  13. smithson83

    USB PENS

    Last time I looked at pendrives (for staff) we bought some custom ones from here. http://www.flashbay.co.uk
  14. If your servers are at least Server 2012 R2, there is a teaming option within the Teaming setup specifically for HyperV. It's simple to setup, and doesn't require any switch config. With this setting the VM workload is automatically split over the available NICs Edit.... As for all 6 or 2x3, I would use all six in a HyperV team, and just plug them up to two different switches
  15. BackupAssist has the facility to create a bootable recovery media to enable the bare metal recovery of servers.
  16. The 121 is parent funded, they are their own devices. They don't touch our domain (only to monitor for Safeguarding, webfilter etc), managed by Intune and are one their own SSID, VLAN etc inside school. As for staff, I'm not sure what the cost was, but I believe it was at a time where there was an offset with not replacing IWBs, teacher PCs etc. However they're getting to an age where they will need replacing (next year I think, maybe year after), should be an interesting conversation with the Finance Manager.
  17. Just stumbled upon this, I've been having the same issue... If this is the issue, you'll be owed a few more beers @Steve21. Never thought to check the
  18. Our school decided a few years ago to move away from static PCs for teachers. We use a mix of projectors and standard large format panels (read big screen TVs) and each member of staff has a touchscreen device. Most teachers have a MS Surface 3/4, there are sets of Yoga type laptops and netbooks available to all, and Years 7/8 have a 121 scheme rolled out to them. We do still have static PCs in IT rooms and in offices where the staff aren't mobile. ##EDIT## We use a mix of hardwired HDMI and Wireless display adapters to connect to the Projector
  19. Sounds good.... What does it mean in practice?
  20. Hi everyone, I have been asked if there is a way to book pupils into other schools Internal Exclusion Unit, and them into ours. At the moment its all done via email, and that seems to be the general concensus across the schools I know. But SLT have aked if there is an online system that could be used (similar to School Booking for rooms etc)
  21. @DMcCoy the GP setting has worked a treat... thanks again
  22. Yeah, I seem to only see it once per user (some twice, but only a few). Still testing. New vs existing profiles, restarts vs log offs etc. Did I say you may have saved my job.... I'm not kidding SLT are NOT Happy
  23. Say if I don't test it fully, and just apply it for tomorrow. In theory, what is the worse that could happen?
  24. If this works you may have just saved my job. I'm testing as we speak. If it works, I may have no option to just enable it and see how it goes. it can't be worse than restoring 100's of folders each time a new lesson starts.
  25. Actually, there was a change made from \\domain\DFS-SHare\Folder-Target to \\domain.local\DFS-SHare\Folder-Target for accomodate Foldr's WebDav Mapping. Could that have caused this issue? If you, is there something you can suggest as a fix, as I still have 100's of users who could potentially suffer the same home folder deletion. Starting to think this belongs What will you admit to thread
×
×
  • Create New...