Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

smithson83

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

Everything posted by smithson83

  1. damn got 42 that time, I too must really get some work done... damn you, damn you to (insert horrible place of your choosing)
  2. 30 on first attempt, spelt a couple of names wrong might have a go on one of our big touchscreens, get the image nice and big, but cover up the bottom left
  3. I've just been attempting to get it on a few of ours, same flashing problem, but they are all iOS9. Hopefully they'll release a/the new version soon... @RichCowell and @russdev any news on a newer version yet?
  4. Are you not supposed to be able to set questions and ask for help etc as a 'user' from within the app?
  5. Well that's useful. I must admit, we haven't got round to rolling it out ourselves. I'll test it on one of ours and see if I get the same.
  6. JUst found in this thread a link to another thread detailing how to role out the newer app from Configurator Hope this helps
  7. Good question... I think its the iOS App
  8. What version of the App are you using, the one in the AppStore is an old version, and you can't use remote view on it. For the newer version you have to go direct to Impero. Also I believe there is a new version about to be released...
  9. Think I might just call it, and see if there's an update in a few days, try again then...
  10. Sorry Apple COnfig 2 appears as a new App, it runs separate from 1.7.2 (thankfully). But its supposed to be aple to pull all the data, app, settings VPP etc in from 1.7.2, but I just get an error "An Underlying Service (ACUMigrationServiceContext) unexpectedly quit."
  11. I know, it took ages. Now I've got errors attempting to import the data from Apple Config 1.7.2.
  12. Is anyone using Apple Configurator 2. Just updated to El Capitan and Configurator 2, but when I attempt to use the Migration Assistant to pull in the data from 1.7.2 it errors out "An Underlying Service (ACUMigrationServiceContext) unexpectedly quit." If anyone has had the same, or knows away round it... any help would be greatly received.
  13. Has anyone upgraded yet??? I'm just downloading El Capitan to be able to install Config2, but I'm worried about Config1.7.2's database etc. Will 2 just upgrade and suck everything in?
  14. Foldrsync runs as a service in the background checking every x mins for changes. We use Foldr for our iPads and External WebDAV access. In this case it's just acting as a WebDav destination for FolderSync to hook into, the Foldr App is not required.
  15. We use some old tablets as auto upload cameras. Asus TF101's with Mobilock restricting to just the Camera and FolderSync moving everything from the DCIM folder to a WebDAV share on the network (however we use Foldr for that bit, its essentially a WebDAV share). Seems to work ok in the Reception class
  16. I have the same Toshiba R50 Laptops, for some reason, it allows you to reduce the brightness, but now increase it. So kids come and think the screen is broke.
  17. Just checked MobiLock, unfortunately it bails out in safe mode...
  18. I had the same issue on one of ours (but a 6100), I took everything apart, couldn't see anything part from a tiny bit of what looked like acid leak from somewhere. Rubbed it off with a pen eraser (remember them...), put it all back together, worked fine...
  19. @RichCowell Cheers, have dropped them a line, see what they say
  20. Has anything come to light with regards to the new Impero iOS App. Tried looking online, but their portal is down, as has been for quite sometime.
  21. I've had good results with MobiLock, its free and works on the principal of app approval, rather than locking stuff down. ie, you install it, run it, and it blocks everything unless you specifically allow it to run. Apps that are allowed appear on the homepage, everything else is inaccessible. We use it to turn some old tablets in to camera that auto uploads to a WebDAV folder.
  22. It was bought from 123-Reg and appears to be an AlphaSSL. All they provided was the SSL cert in a text file... ***EDIT*** My fault, in the email sent to me there was a further instruction to get the CA Root and Intermediate Certificates from AlphaSSL
  23. Sorry to hijack the thread... I've just renewed our SSL cert for Foldr, but the iPads still say that the Certificate is not trusted. Has anyone else had the same and solved it?
  24. Because £3 would buy 300 penny sweets, no brainer
  25. I don't mean to cause offense, but there is a not so fine line between getting the most out of something and flogging a dead horse but in all seriousness, do they still work, size capacity aside, surely they're not fit for purpose
×
×
  • Create New...