Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

siuko

Members
  • Posts

    787
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by siuko

  1. Still running Windows 2000 as our main DC!!! OMG!! The end of the world is here!!!
  2. Try running a group policy report on the computer and then users that are getting the admin access to see what GPO's are effecting them
  3. We always find the easiest way is to pull the network cable after login....
  4. wow!! used to love watching this!! Wonder if you can get it on DVD
  5. siuko

    Check_mk

    Does it say why the connection is refused? And are you behind a proxy? I always have to add http_proxy and ftp_proxy details in /etc/environment on ubuntu to get wget working through our proxy
  6. I have searched for any help with installing printers on workstations but nothing seems to be easy to use. Is there any centrally managed way to view and install printers on WinXP workstations easily? We presently have vbs scripts that work well for printers shared from servers. IP based printers are more difficult and completely stand alone printers for single computers are done on a computer by computer basis. Is there anything that can network wide show all computers and all printers? And install printers in specified groups? AD Groups etc?
  7. siuko

    Creating new users?

    Active User Manager - Free and works great... Dont know which OS you have - it states that it works on Win2k and Win2k3
  8. siuko

    BSF - The results are in

    My main hope is what ever they do decide to bring in instead of BSF doesnt require approximately 15% of the budget just to plan it!! Now that is a complete was of public money
  9. Sorted now... Used the Incontainer and TranslateName Kix UDF to check the OU and then added a line to copy the file if in correct OU... AFTER the homeshare was mapped Thanks everyone for your help
  10. Hmmm I'm obviously doing something very silly then!! Just trying to implement the InContainer Kix UDF to see if that makes things easier. As you also say... will try some basic stuff
  11. The error checking doesnt seem to be working at all and doesnt create the log. What user does the logon script run as? The user logging on or system?
  12. I am wanting to copy an excel file to each user in a certain OU. I tried using a logon batch file for the specific user OU that would do an IF NOT EXIST then copy the file to their H drives. It didnt work and I have a feeling that its either the H drive is mapped after this logon bat file has run, or when I changed the bat file it cannot read the %username% variable as the correct person. Anyone got any ideas?
  13. siuko

    BSF - The results are in

    Looks like we have been stopped too... a little hard to tell as it doesnt state our full school name So whether there were plans for other things or if it just means the whole school... Interesting indeed... wonder when or if they will tell us...
  14. I think its much more likely.... any BSF projects that have gone far enough with contractors that if the contract is cancelled the government will have to pay compensation will carry on.... Anything before that will be cancelled and which hasnt had £millions in consultant fees wasted on them. I hope its all cancelled, thought out properly, so it doesnt waste huge quantities of money then started up again much more sensibly... if a government can manage that haha
  15. Anyone got a link to this CF systems... it sounds interesting
  16. CCS Media here too Pop on the dell website and spec the server how you like it and then send off to CCS Media and they give you a much nicer pricing than the dell website!! lol
  17. I just love the line on this page that says "They have been promised this investment and this is a very uncertain time for teachers, parents and kids." Forget the teachers, parents and kids... what about all the tuped staff that know nothing about their jobs!! Now thats more like uncertain times!! Sure support staff NEVER get thought about in any of this.... Sorry... Damn rubbishy mondays
  18. I have a Silverstone Tech SG01 with an ATI 4850 working fine in it.... (See my sig for details of pc spec) I think the biggest question is.... what sort of budget?
  19. This might help
  20. I'm happy to pay subscriptions per month.... its still less than I spend on cookies and cakes in a month
  21. Gameplay footage doesnt look bad... Damn another MMO to suck my life away....
  22. Is there any gameplay footage yet? Always liked playing SWG so I can imagine I will like this as long as they dont completely mess up!
  23. You might need to provide a little more detail.. 1.8 could mean the f-stop of the lense or something else? What exactly do you plan to do with this lense? Have you any links to any that you are interested in? I've only just got into dslr photography so I'm definitely no expert hehe
  24. I have gone with Windows 2008 R2 but it isnt supported by Capita. Our support provider SMIS have said that it will be ok to install 2008 R2 as they have at other sites without any issues. It just isnt 'officialy' supported... They do however state it should be SQL 2008 (AND NOT R2)
  25. We have just had this start happening to us!! I phoned ramesys up who have said that it is a known issue that has started happening due to leaked keys. They are emailling me a new key as we speak!
×
×
  • Create New...