-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
Hehehe err Went to solution search > Sims .Net > searched for the word - iso That was all sorry for giggling
-
Sadly I dont really trust our LA so I just registered on supportnet and it works. And its no hassle to post stuff from supportnet for edugeekers that havent got access to it
-
Best thing to do is just register for an account at Capita Children's Services Then you can search yourself. The forum and Solution search areas are great resources!
-
Autumn main - http://dl.capitasolus.co.uk/cdimage/sims09autmain.zip Autumn update - http://dl.capitasolus.co.uk/cdimage/sims09autupdate.zip Just make sure you know what your doing if your using them EDIT - DOH TO SLOW!!
-
I would highly recommend Tsohost Web Hosting - ASP .NET, MSSQL, PHP, MySQL Support - Domain Registration - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting They are very stable and the best part is the super support. I have my personal websites hosted with these on the Linux Pro package. And also looking to get a VPS server for the schools requirements soon.
-
Have you tried running simsperm on the system? I remember having issues with reports running due to permissions on the computers.
-
w000000000000t!!! The Head of IT and another IT teacher have just returned from Bett and supplied me with 2 Lanyards and a nice silver Pen!!! Yay!! Thanks for supplying them I'm just gutted there were no mugs available!!! hehehehe
-
As us Techies arent asked to attend Bett.... But the head of IT and another IT teacher are going I have requested they scrounge as many freebies from you as possible!!!
-
This is what we do on laptops for certain staff to allow them to burn.... Run > Secpol.msc Local policies > security options Devices : Allow to format and eject media > Administrators and Interactive users Devices : Restrict CD-ROM access to local logged on users > Enable
-
I am now just starting to use my work pc becuase.... We had a nice leak and it was right above my pc so it has been drying all morning Seems to be working though! Which is good
-
I have just had our backup server die today (its beeping 1-3-2 showing the ram is a problem - have replaced ram etc and nothing is helping) I believe its likely to be the motherboard. Can anyone recommend where I can purchase a Dell Poweredge 2800 motherboard (Part No: X7322) from? New preferably, or reconditioned at worse case (I'd rather not go the ebay route) Its also 18 months out of warranty!
-
Can some people test this for me please!
siuko replied to maniac's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
OS: Vista Browser: FF 3.5.5 - Loads content fine IE 8 - Comes up with wanting to load http content on secure site popup first - ok'd that, then it has yellow bar at top explaining its blocking content due to certificates issue. Even if I allow blocked content it never seems to load. -
[ghost] PXE .sys files for nVidia nForce Networking Controller
siuko replied to acrobson's topic in O/S Deployment
I've used Gpxe to boot my systems that dont automatically work with the bios lan boot options... Use the above page and create your own bootcd or boot floppy -
Silverstone Sugo SG01B Corsair HX 620W Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD X4 945 OCZ 8GB 1066MHz Platinum DDR2 HIS ATI 4850 IceQ4 2 x WD 250GB SATA-II (Raid0) Zalman CNPS8700-LED NEC MultiSync 20WGX2 Vista 64Bit And all I do on it is play WoW (hehe very nerdy I know but keeps me out of trouble)
-
Corrupt NovaSatelliteSetup.exe anyone able to supply for 7.122?
siuko replied to siuko's topic in MIS Systems
Just PM'd you thanks -
Corrupt NovaSatelliteSetup.exe anyone able to supply for 7.122?
siuko replied to siuko's topic in MIS Systems
Thanks for the reply.... but... I just downloaded the SIMS09AutMain.iso file from capita and the only files it contains are NovaSatelliteSetup 1.582.14.0 to 1.586.21.0 Upgrade.EXE etc type files. Are these the full files or just upgrade files to patch an old NovaSatelliteSetup.exe do you think? -
Have just been asked to install NovaT6 and NovaT4 Satellite on a few laptops. I tried running the NovaSatelliteSetup.exe and it gets to 90% and wont go any further. This file just extracts the NovaT6 and NovaT4 setup files. The NovaT6 setup works fine but the NovaT4 doesnt. Is anyone still running on 7.122 who could maybe supply me with a copy of their NovaSatelliteSetup.exe in hope that it isnt corrupt like mine is?
-
I always use the Offline NT Password Changer They have a cd iso image that can be booted from! Works a treat and its free!
-
I have been having issues with getting fog to boot correctly on a Gigabyte MA74GM-S2H motherboard and tried various other kernels to see if they helped. They would boot further than the newest kernel would - but would then still not function correctly for imaging. (I still havent solved this problem) But I found the easiest way to try new kernels was to download them - copy them to /tftboot/fog/kernel and rename the bzImage to bzImageOLD and rename the newly downloaded kernal to bzImage so the standard boot uses the newer kernel. Certain of the kernels I also got kernel panics on so it might just be the kernel you are using. Try another
-
Web Hosting Recommendations please
siuko replied to timbo343's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I use Tsohost Web Hosting - ASP .NET, MSSQL, PHP, MySQL Support - Domain Registration - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting they are great!! I pay £4.99 a month (you can pay yearly). It is very responsive when connecting to the site and its fast when uploading via ftp. Cant really fault it -
In the end, even though most on here are tech savvy people who like to push technology when given the budget, shouldnt we be teaching students to think for themselves and be able to work things out for the themselves? I'm certain when I was being taught I didnt have the internet with me all day to help me!! I think I had to remember things in my so called brain and try to work things out using common sense etc. What exactly is it that these devices provide that a strong basic grounding in normal subjects cannot provide? What happens to this stream of information if say: 1) The device breaks? 2) The internet connection drops? 3) The network connection drops? 4) The place they go on to work in doesnt have devices to provide them with information? Will these students be able to think for themselves?
-
Could I please have quotes for: Kyocera FS-1350DN Mono Laser Printer - Quantity 1 Kyocera TK 130 - Toner cartridge - 1 x black - 7200 pages - Quantity 5 Thanks
-
Remember the first rule of BSFclub is we dont talk about BSFclub.... well thats how it feels
