Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

siuko

Members
  • Posts

    787
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by siuko

  1. I would be interested EXCEPT for not being able to drive and living in derby... Would you think about delivery?
  2. I doubt you can de-tune a freeview box too.... But if you arent watching any broadcasted TV channels why do you need a freeview box? (Well unless its built into the TV)
  3. If you plan to use a TV but just not plug the aerial in please remember to make sure that ALL channels are de-tuned away from the proper receivable channels. I remember reading that even if you only get a ghostly reception - but can still receive they will say that you can watch TV - so make sure that you manually de-tune the TV first.
  4. Using Request Tracker here. It was a little difficult to setup but its working great now with ldap. I dont have it emailing me - its just used as a web based helpdesk.
  5. Installing Microsoft Windows XP from usb device (usb-stick, usb-hdd, SD card) simpler method [EeeUser Eee PC Wiki] Has instruction for creating a usb stick install - dont know if that is what your after?
  6. Hehe yeah it seems to look that way at the moment
  7. The websites run on linux so the accounts dont quite match up. I have the server joined to the curriculum domain with samba but I think its mainly the issue with the fact that I have to specify only one ldap server. So I either have to: Allow the users to be seen through the ldap server I specify (which is what I am trying to do now) or Some how configure the websites for multiple domains (I dont beleive I can do this with one website) but if I create a second website configured for the admin domain that would work. The problem there is then I have the issue of letting staff know about the 2 website and also I would want both websites even though configured for seperate ldaps to be able to write their data to one mysql database! Which could be fun
  8. Never heard of it! I shall google it now! Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions - hopefully i will get it working soon
  9. I tried with the usernames in the format you mentioned and it doesnt seem to work. Do I need to have transitory trust between the 2 domains? From what I read about it I dont think I should - but thought I would ask. I also tried creating the local domain group on the curriculum domain and adding the admin users to it. This does not seem to have worked either. Does it require a server restart or anything? PS. I have a feeling that becuase the ldap requires a specific base domain to read from it wont just switch between the curriculum and admin domains with the [email protected] or [email protected] usernames.
  10. Still playing about with the Local groups on the curriculum domain. With the AV and WSUS it works fine via both domains
  11. The users from the admin domain arent visible in the curriculum domain. Thats the step I think I am lost at.
  12. I have just checked the domains and there is a 2 way trust between them. I am at a complete loss now as to how I can allow the ldap process on Request Tracker and MRBS to ask for authentication through the curriculum server that they point to - to the other trusted domain.
  13. I have a vague feeling that trusts are already setup between the 2 domains. We have it so users can be given permissions on shares between the 2 domains easily. I'm feeling a little noobish but could you possibly point me in the direction of how I have their accounts trusted for auth only?
  14. I have started implementing LDAP access for some of our websites so that the staff can use their network usernames and password (rather than having to remember another one). The problem I am facing is that we have 2 domains (curriculum and admin - yeah I know I could setup as one with better permissions ) and the LDAP authenticates against the main curriculum domain where most of the staff have accounts. Both domains are windows 2000. Is there any way to somehow replicate the staff accounts from the admin domain to the curriculum domain so they can use their usernames and passwords but that dont have any other rights to actually log onto the curriculum domain?
  15. Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. We are based in Derby, UK. I will phone you soon.
  16. Hi all, The school I work for is looking to increase its laptop count in the Post 16 centre we have. I have given them the options of either going cheap with wireless access points moving around with the laptop trolleys or go more expensive and have the whole building covered with a managed wireless system. I have recommended the more expensive option - as they have already had me go the cheap route in the main school and its rubbish and unreliable to say the least! Would it be possible for any companies who deal with managed wireless systems to quote me for such a setup. If you would like to pop in to do a site survey etc please let me know. This is early pricing research to give them an idea of costs but if they do go for the managed wireless option they would want the system fully operational by september at the latest.
  17. Have you delprof'd all the systems so they arent using old profiles on the computers?
  18. Go on mossj tell us what it was please It always helps to know fixes for things even if they are obvious.
  19. Sadly it would normally be the whole lot. But its the only time I've seen it lose bookings. Sorry if its not any help.
  20. The only time I have seen mrbs forget bookings it when there has been a change in time on the server. It happened to me when I switched from BST to GMT. So is there are difference between times in the hosts? Which exact bookings are missing? I solved mine by changing my server to UTC time (I think that's what its called) so it doesnt now switch between GMT and BST.
  21. We have LP+ and if you go to create a new site. Under Template selection you should be able to choose Application Templates > IT Team Workspace. This is the closest to a help desk I have seen that comes with sharepoint. It has downsides and I didn't end up using it myself - but it may be enough for what you want.
  22. Cool, thanks for taking the time to find out for me. Let me know when you get more info and I will get an order printed and authorized.
  23. Oops! yeah hadn't noticed you quoted for the 24" model Any news on if you have them in stock as a 10 day lead time is a little steep. Just so you know I can also get these for £153.61 (but that's excluding delivery of £12) - any chance to get a slightly better price? PS. Is the model you refer to definitely the T243H model? As there seems to be 2 24" monitors that Edge10 do?
  24. Hi I am looking to purchase 2 Edge 10 T243H 24" Glass Fronted TFT monitors for our Sims Timetabling people at the school (they were recommended larger screens on their training course). Any one able to quote me for these? As an other sweetener I am looking to switch to a new supplier as the quality of service from my present one isn't too great. So if you provide computer components (as we build all our own computers inhouse), printers, projectors etc etc I would be pleased to hear from you - as long as your service is good!
  25. Also even if you aren't supported by Capita directly (as we aren't) do still register on Here as it has a very useful Solution Search and forum.
×
×
  • Create New...