-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
Looks promising First questions are: 1) What are system requirements 2) Does it import bookings from sims? 3) Does it do 2 week timetables? 4) Can it use LDAP (and also possibly SSO)? Sorry for all the questions
-
Yeah there is a papercut client - its normally found in one of the server folders... let me go find where Edit - Its called pc-client.exe (for windows) - mine is in my papercut NG/client/win folder.
-
I know you already mentioned papercut. We use it here and its been great. We also really like the print queue release utility (you get 1 free with papercut ng and can pay for more release queues if needed). It stops all printing to an A3 printer we have, holds it in a queue and is only printed once one of the technology teachers allows it.
-
Yeah that's the one we use - but he is using a WAMP box so it wont work as he mentioned. Sorry I cant be more helpful - I only started playing with moodle a few days ago and its running linux
-
You will probably have difficulty getting Hendersons in many places except for Sheffield or near Sheffield
-
Yay!! I love my hendersons! My mum always gets me a couple of bottles at christmas
-
Alot... but sadly not all of the muller corner yoghurts have the Vegetarian Society logo on them which is great as they are so damn tasty You just have to look out for the VK symbol (well I think its VK)
-
I often think that many meat eaters argue so much about veggies because 1) They seem to think veggies are trying to tell them not to eat meat (its likely religion I am happy for you to do and believe what you want as long as you let me) 2) They think veggies are trying to be superior to meat eaters by requesting veggie food (I agree 'some' do - but I really really don't mind what you want to eat as long as I don't have to) 3) They in some way do feel bad for eating dead animal flesh and are trying to push the argument onto veggies being bad to - such as 'well you eat eggs don't you they are just baby chickens' lol (This one I'm only guessing so not really sure whether its true) In the end its all just about MY choice to not eat, have or pay financially towards anything that can bring about any pain, death, slaughter etc of ANY animals (and yes I know certain things still indirectly probably do still affect animals but I'm still happier trying my best than not at all)
-
I suppose that depends on whether them being slaughtered properly is good for their welfare?
-
I have also had the one where everything is cooked with the meat in it and I am then asked "cant you just take the meat bits out" hehe I don't really mind the cross contamination problem to much as its more about choosing not to eat something that has been killed for my benefit. But I know my wife is quite upset about the idea that their 'may' be meat in something.
-
Vegetarians = no animals in the food Vegans = no animal in the food or anything produced from an animal (milk etc)
-
I always find shellac to be an interesting one The Vegetarian Society says that it is veggie but personally I wouldn't touch anything with it in
-
Does anyone have a definitive list of VLE's and their abilities? I am researching a new VLE at the moment, specifically the technical side of things and wondered whether there is an upto date comparison table? If not can any people using VLE's list their VLE abilities. Specifically: 1) Does it connect to the Active Directory? 2) Does it do single sign on? 3) Does it share homedrives for remote access? 4) Does it do Single sign on email integration? Thanks
-
Newt Freeware can do this a treat
-
I really hope they do too... then they can add Adobe updates to WSUS rather than the terrible adobe updater!! It would be fantastic!
-
Download Policy Reporter 4 Enable policy recording (or whatever its called) on one of the affected computers. Reboot then logon and it will record everything that is happening on logon and how long it all takes. This may point to your slowness issue. I managed to drop off about 15 seconds from a 30-40 second logon by finding out how to stop IE Branding on logon!
-
If you use kix scripts to do your logon scripts then there is a way to do it using certain kixscript udf scripts. I dont know if you can do it with any other type of logon script - let me know if you need the kixscript info
-
I am happy to pass if its easier for one school to take all and collect. Thank you for such a great offer
-
We are a secondary school... But would be interested in some of the higher end ones if that is possible? Would it just be a case of paying the delivery costs?
-
I am unable to access it now so it must be intermittent
-
Can access supportnet website ok but downloading the 788 file just lags outs
-
Yep I agree with the run as administrator thing. Its what we do here and I vaguely remember something in my foggy memory about extruding problems
