-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
Can I swap mine for yours please
-
Do you use them USB or network? We have about 10 or so of them and about 60% of them have problems with the formatter boards and remembering network settings and also issues with paper jams when there is none.
-
If the printers are still in warranty they can be returned for a formatter board replacement... We managed to get a few sorted - and they worked well afterwards... Others went out of warranty so sadly we couldn't fix those - although I haven't tried baking any yet
-
Horrible... Horrible printers! Damn things... When they do work ok we also found that it can take a few hours to switch from Configuring to having an IP address (and that's with a static address on the printer)
-
Also what are you planning on doing with the card? I just got an Nvidia 560ti (was about £180) for playing mmo's etc and it runs them great... But if you arent needing much power you probably dont need much of a card
-
Has anyone got any recommendations for which cameras work best with movie maker? It would be great if we could purchase some that are easy to use, rugged and dont require file conversion to use with movie maker? If that isnt possible what other simple options do we have (such as easy codec rollout via gpo etc)
-
OMG!! You can buy time machines now?
-
I certainly wouldn't work!!!! To start with I'd make sure all the rest of my family could also retire too but throwing each £1-2million... Then I'd put the money in the bank to make interest and travel round the world for a few years.... Easy peasy... A relaxed approach and spend a nice month or so at each place to really get a feel for it... Come back and I would have even more money
-
Now the question is.... why isnt your memory stick on an edugeek lanyard?! Sacrilege!!!
-
I Need A Favour: YouTube Is Blocked And I Need A YouTube Hosted Video
siuko replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Check your PM DAMN! Beaten to it (and I'd downloaded as flv) Double DAMN! Where did all those posts appear from -
Moodle SSO - tearing my hair out!
siuko replied to jgcracknell's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Do the logs show what username it is seeing? I know when I was trying to get sso and moodle working on ubuntu I had to edit a file to read the username differently. As an example... the computers where authenticating with domain\username and I had to get it to strip the domain\ from the authentication (or it was the other way round...) If you can check the logs for this info it might show which its picking up... domain\username or username -
You can do this using kixscripts - do you happen to use kix already? It just requires a kix udf to read the OU and then you can do a standard IF IN OU in your kixscript and run which bat you require
-
Have a look at Rift instead.... Played wow for years and have now switched to Rift instead... Found it loads more fun so far I've found the invasions the most fun - youtube of fire invasion
-
Kids messing in DOS prompt after F8 safe mode with networking...
siuko replied to kennysarmy's topic in Windows
we are looking into this at the moment... our plan is just to delete the minimal and network reg folders completely this makes the computers restart when you choose safemode hehe if we need safemode back for admin purposes we can just merge the keys back in -
OMG!! Now when will our school provide quorn hotdogs and chips!! Veggies here get... ermm... cheese sandwiches or cheese and tomato sandwiches or cheese and cucumber sandwiches!
-
Check for your connect.ini Our's is located on the S drive - s:\sims\connect.ini Mine states Which shows the database server and the SQL instance name
-
We have 4400's and 4900's in at work - I cant remember much about the VLAN setup - but I can look again monday when I'm back at work I definitely remember that once I understood what I wanted the VLAN to do it was fairly straight forward
-
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
siuko replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Any server log files showing auth errors? (I'm running ubuntu/windows2000/ldap so probably cant help a great deal) -
My first thought is caching... Is the web server caching any data? Or the isp caching data? Could be any number of reasons for it not to update as quickly as you are wanting it too.
-
Its only a VS1 though... what horrible quality I wouldnt have anything less than the FL/IF tbh!
-
We only have 5 media computers. I have created new large local partitions on the computers so they can store their huge video files there. I have told the media teacher that if I find any huge files on the students or staff areas I will delete them. I have then left the media teacher to police the local drives and access to the computers. All seems to be going well so far and not had any complaints
-
Photography Course in School - recommended sales places
siuko replied to soveryapt's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Probably something like Camera Price Buster - UKs cheapest camera gear to check your pricing. You probably are limited where your school can purchase from - but the above site will give you a figure to be working too... -
Moodle Active Directory Intergration - a Few Queries
siuko replied to glennda's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
If you get this working... please let me know as it might come in handy for me! -
Moodle Active Directory Intergration - a Few Queries
siuko replied to glennda's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
I havent gone that far yet... I think the plan for us is to use something like webanywhere or schoolict sims to moodle link for enrolment - but thats a way off -
Moodle Active Directory Intergration - a Few Queries
siuko replied to glennda's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
The source seems to show that the pink one uses.... http://learning.theweald.org.uk/theme/Clouds/styles.php http://learning.theweald.org.uk/theme/standard/styles.php The other one uses... http://dev1.theweald.org.uk/theme/weald theme/styles.php http://dev1.theweald.org.uk/theme/standard/styles.php So there are differences with which themes / styles that it is loading?
