-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
Moodle Active Directory Intergration - a Few Queries
siuko replied to glennda's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Arent they just different themes your loading? EDIT : Just re-read your post... they are the same theme... Very strange indeed they look completely different. I would try setting both to a standard same theme and see what they do - just incase one site isnt loading images/css correctly etc. -
Moodle Active Directory Intergration - a Few Queries
siuko replied to glennda's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Which options box? -
Moodle Active Directory Intergration - a Few Queries
siuko replied to glennda's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
In your moodle LDAP server settings are you requesting the right contexts? You should be able to provide context for the students ou and staff ou with a ; between them Transfering the details from AD you need to provide info in the data mapping section for the data you want moving over... For example in mine Firstname = givenName, Surname = sn and Email Address = mail. -
Can I have an extra choice.... Work in a school and would like to win the lottery and travel the world?
-
Artist - Album Oren Ambarchi - Grapes from the estate John Hopkins - Contact Note John Hopkins - Opalescent Steve Roach - Dreamtime Return Steve Roach - Mystic Chords And Sacred Spaces Another Fine Day - Life Before Land
-
Hehe I know exactly what you mean! I am just ploughing through trying to sort moodle at the moment.... And the hardest part is getting info from the manglement
-
Shouldn't you have another option 4. Never heard of it and wondering what your on about
-
I have done moodle and sso but on ubuntu so I dont know if I can help
-
We did use Request Tracker... But planning on switching to GLPI as you can have AD and single sign on to make it faster for staff to use.
-
OMG!! Where can I download this for some of our users!!
-
Eset Smart Security (Virus,Antispyware, Firewall in one). From the people who make Nod32 antivirus. It seems very good and its nice and low on resources.
-
Our version (which looks like 1.21 from the version numbering on the exe) runs fine from a networked share
-
I think the biggest thing with the fact that you have a VLE coming is that they will want all the useful data on the VLE to get the staff using the VLE. That is how they have done it here. It is a strange way to force them to use the VLE and get our usage stats up - but they seem happy to do it.
-
We didn't have one to save a bit of money (as they can be very expensive for what they are) but we wish we did still have one even if it was only viewed once a year. We both found that because the day was so busy / exciting there are a lot of things we cannot remember clearly or wish we had seen from different views. Such as - seeing the bride just before entering, and her seeing me fidgeting before she came in hehe So even if it doesnt seem like it will ever be viewed... if you can afford it, and afford one which will capture many things on the day then go for it!
-
We have started using Kyocera printers here over the last year. We have 1350DN, 2020DN, 3920DN and 5350DN printers. We haven't had any issues so far - and reading about them they are supposed to be good for low cost toner usage.
-
oooOOO They look very comfortable
-
From the 7.136 Release notes...
-
When you use the Supergrub cd what option are you using that boots the server correctly? What hardware setup do you have? (Has it written the grub loader to somewhere silly so that it is unbootable? - Scsi drives without drivers installed etc?)
-
From an email with a Frog representative... hopefully they wont mind...
-
Hahahaha... copied to my mobile and sent to lots of poeple...
-
So I just thought I would rub it in with our snow days off!! We had Wednesday off already! Got force to come in today sadly.... But we have tomorrow off (so its a long weekend of us!) :D :D :D Lets hope its monday too!!
-
Thanks for all the replies! What is everyone using to backup with and what too? Is it quite easy to setup from linux > windows backup server? (or are people doing disk to disk backups?) Do the poeple running on Virtual Boxes find this option easier? And how much does it cost. Initially I probably wont have huge amounts of cash to get the server - so a Virtual box and a nas backup might be over my budget. (I think my budget 'might' be about £2000-4000 - its very vague at the moment) Edit : Just found out that I have max of £5000
-
I have just been given the go ahead to start looking at implementing a moodle system as our VLE. Yay!! and Oh no in the same sentence!! Yay its Moodle!! Oh no!! I've got a fair bit of work to do! Could anyone who already runs moodle as a VLE please post details about their setup. I have been reading about server specs, performance, scaling etc and was just wondering what people were using in the real world. Could you post as much detail as possible. Especially... Full Server Specs? Do you us multiple servers? (Example 1 Database, 1 Webserver etc) How many total users? How many concurrent users (concurrent seems to big one for spec) Which OS? (I normally use ubuntu server for proxies, websites etc) Any info you can provide would be very helpful.. Thanks
