-
Posts
12,849 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Michael
-
I'd check the event logs also, it will give us some clues.
-
I've started to implement Azure Backup at bigger sites - secure off site backup, encrypted and very ease to use. You can also adopt any retention policy within your budget. Per incremental backup, Geo-Redundant Storage makes 3 copies in location one and 3 copies in location two, hundreds of miles away.
-
Also what build are you using? I noticed the other day on VLSC, there's the original July 2015 build, November 2015 build, but also a revised April 2016 build (based on build 10586 or 1511), with updates up to April 2016.
-
You could try resetting the browser to defaults, in their user context.
-
With regards to Java exceptions, like the above I do this all by script, but change it to a machine setting rather than user. This makes it a lot simpler in terms of deploying exceptions in a domain environment.
-
[bromcom] Cloud issues - MIS keeps logging out and returning to login screen
Michael replied to Redwinegirl's topic in MIS Systems
Well a proxy in school or possibly your LA, it's still somewhere in the link. Bromcom just uses port 443 (to the best of my knowledge) - I'm currently trialling this and have had no issues like you describe. You could also try whitelisting *.Bromcom.com in your web filtering to see if this helps too. -
[bromcom] Cloud issues - MIS keeps logging out and returning to login screen
Michael replied to Redwinegirl's topic in MIS Systems
Presumably you're connecting behind a proxy at school? If you tether a school notebook to your phone, again does the issue go away? -
Windows 10 Updates in SCCM - Is this normal?
Michael replied to mitchell1981's topic in Enterprise Software
Yes - the main monthly updates are cumulative. Microsoft have moved away from giving us 15 updates a month as with Windows 7. -
Thanks for the info Al - all I will say folks is Al is very knowledgeable about NetSupport's products/services (having spoken to him recently), but also has an excellent understanding of school requirements of all sizes. He's answered all my questions/queries effortlessly and soon NetSupport will be playing a big role in the networks I proactively manage; from small independent schools to MATs, the products scale well in both scenarios, but more crucially are cost effective the more integral the likes of Safeguarding and system monitoring become. I should state clearly I have no business interest in the comments I've made above - purely honest feedback from a sound company offering good quality products/services. Was an absolute pleasure talking to Al and talking to someone on the same wavelength
-
I'd definitely check your Mail Flow rules. Failing that, unless something has changed with your MX Record, but I'd expect internal mail (logically speaking) would fail also.
-
I presume Windows is activated and you've double checked your Activation Key? That's all that comes to mind.
- 28 replies
-
- 0x3cf2
- 0x80073cf2
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
What about Phones and CCTV?
-
Are you running this with elevated permissions?
- 28 replies
-
- 0x3cf2
- 0x80073cf2
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I think I need to have a 'chat' with the likes of BT to properly understand the options. I'm just wary that although Windows itself understands subnets/routing etc... will your typical Door System operate across multiple subnets? I very much doubt it. How do you do things in your setup, with the likes of Door Systems for example?
-
Thanks that's very useful - it sounds more like L3 rather than L2, otherwise broadcasting would be possible; but you're absolutely right this wouldn't be required. It's more so keeping the same subnet which for multiple applications makes sense (like the above).
-
I'm just thinking of other possibilities - Direct Phone Links, Linked Door Systems, Linked CCTV... yes Windows itself understands Subnets and Routing etc... but would these additional requirements? Not necessarily.
-
Well regardless how it's done - single subnet or multiple, this is where DNS will play a big role. I'm not 100% sure if you can have the same subnet (either side of the Point to Point link), or if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I'm guessing NAT still plays a role (even with this setup), so wouldn't be very realistic to have the same subnet either end.
-
In such a scenario (essentially a large WAN), would you have a single subnet, or multiple subnets and why?
-
Why is this an issue? All the services are hosted within Europe, irrelevant what happens with the EU.
-
I'm guessing you've upgraded to SSDs? Or taken them out of other machines?
-
You can give them to me if you like 500GB in a lot of applications is still perfectly usable
-
Thanks Dave much appreciated, will PM tomorrow
-
Receiving French TV on Eutelsat 5W
Michael replied to richardg7vyi's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I've never understood why a select few are unencrypted, but buying into a card gives you access to the whole library of French channels as before. Again (I don't know why) Fransat is valid for a lifetime, yet TNTSat is valid for 4 years+ even though they're very identical services, be it on two different satellites!? -
Receiving French TV on Eutelsat 5W
Michael replied to richardg7vyi's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I've received French channels off 5w Atlantic Bird for years - I'm already viewing them in HD, but you have two choices really - Buy a HD Fransat box (with card, one off payment), or you can buy a Fransat card in a PCMCIA module (one off payment) and plug directly into the back of your TV (if it supports it). This is how I do it using my Samsung. Alternatively you can get the same services using TNTSat (Astra 1 19.2e) by buying a TNTSat box, with card, valid for 4+ years. -
Yes it would be something like Smoothwall, with this specific end point being greater than all the others (in bandwidth). Would this mean everything would appear on the same subnet/range or still individual subnets/ranges per connection?
