Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Best thing about Swifty is despite the jokes about her and all of her songs being about boys etc, she can have a laugh about it which is great. There's only so much you can go on but from watching the Journey to Fearless documentary she seems like a pretty genuine person. SWIFTY.
  2. Not at all. It's gonna be so good. Again, her image diminishes her ability as a really really good songwriter. It's not normally my thing (I like punk/hardcore for the most part) but she nails it with so many wonderful hooks. Also wondering how many kids from school I will see there, ah.
  3. I'm seeing Taylor Swift in February. That gig > every other gig ever
  4. Don't think I've seen anything around school, nice normal day. For now. Ah.
  5. Wednesday here is usually 'roast dinner' day, so today is gammon or a chicken breast with tagliatelle. I will have the former. One issue I've been at loggerheads with to the catering committee is over desserts and more specifically the use of custard; it's boring and outdated but apparently the kids love it which they clearly don't as when I leave I often see the young ones come in with a dry pudding (alongside often a plate of just dry pasta and some bread, woof). Also milk in the common room is water. I've been away for the last 3 1/2 weeks but the school seems to have a new evening chef in as well, had an enchilada (he said it was a burrito but I know my Mexican) last night which wasn't too bad.
  6. I love my Giffgaff deal; £12.50 a month, 250 cross network minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data.
  7. Also thank God support staff get to go in immediately at 12; the noise of junior school children would drive me through several walls.
  8. Yeah, food here isn't too bad really, could be much much worse. I live on site and their dinners in the evening which are more catered for the boarders also can be decent.
  9. Yeah, the other incident was about using his 'celebrity' status not long after The Office, but obviously because he wasn't the guy on camera they had no clue. Something about tipping a bouncer as well due to being so tight with money, ha.
  10. Read title, immediately think of this http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/4/4f/Under_the_Sea.jpg
  11. I should add at this point I don't have my travel money or insurance and have only just purchased a suitcase. Prepared right?
  12. And now only one week this Saturday. How time flies by eh?
  13. Bought a bike awhile ago despite living onsite and not through C2W, a Carrera Kraken from 2011 for £150. Pretty good on the few rides into London (I live just on the outskirts) so far, but maaaaan I am unfit, hah.
  14. Im lucky to get about 3 hours screen time from my N4. Any pointers other than the obvious? Running stock.
  15. PATTY AND SELMA
  16. Waiting for a Smartboard technician to arrive. Kill me now.
  17. All hail Kevin Nolan and Roberto Soldado.
  18. Also having this issue. HALP.
  19. Right, this is driving me insane. HALP. So the music dept have bought some new keyboards; first impressions are that they're infinitely much better because they're just a straightforward USB cable to the desktop rather than the old keyboards which were a mess underneath the tables with a MIDI interfaces and the plethora of cables shooting in and out. However since putting these new ones in I've had a major problem in that the keyboards wont play back in Sibelius 5 unless you go into the playback settings, activate the device and go from there. Problem is that when I'm setting the configuration (as an administrator) it won't keep it for when a student logs in; forcing them to have to go into Play > Playback Devices > Activate every time on every machine. We obviously don't want that. Sib 6 and upwards seems to have something about a Global Preference but I can't see it for the life of me in 5. Any help/pointers would be much appreciated before I blow my brains out. FANX.
  20. Need 70k still. Eurgh.
  21. My bad!
  22. BBC News - UK teen crowned world Microsoft Word 2007 champion I don't know how this is a thing, but sure. If you're this guy, speak up.
  23. I just tried that on the Netgear thing we got this morning, works really well compared to this Apple TV I've spent so long fannying around with. And no, I'm not rooted but BetterBatteryStats doesn't show any bizarre wakelocks or anything. And since I've updated my phone has shut down numerous times on it's own. Eurgh.
  24. Lend us a fiver
  25. I have most of those and Herman's Military Antiques store; stopped the Squidport stuff because building tiles is just tedious.
×
×
  • Create New...