Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Jesus Christ is society this impatient for Nabokov novels and really obscure Fleetwood Mac b-side records?
  2. Never gonna beat Brian Lara Cricket
  3. Marriage? Pfffft. Have to wait till 3pm on the 17th before I'm done for 2013, sigh. Back super early on the 2nd as well, ooof.
  4. Wouldn't say experienced by any stretch of the imagination; bits and bobs here that I know I'm mostly doing simple end user-classroom stuff and if I can't do it pass it on to my colleagues. I try reading through the books in my spare time and use that knowledge in the workplace but get so swamped down sometimes. Plus for the sake of my CV it's obviously never a bad thing to have.
  5. We got this sorted; when through with a full calibration and 24 point orient compared to the 12 which normally turns out OK. Done the trick (for now).
  6. I am always appreciative of almost close to being Simpsons references. A+
  7. Been given the go ahead to look into some training courses for my A+; had planned all along to go with self study and reading my Myers book but during the school day and after work there just isn't enough time/energy in me and after 18 odd months it's bumming me out a little. So, any suggestions? Ideally in London, maybe an hour or so out. We've an apprentice here who's doing Firebrand stuff but I'm interested to know of any other places where I can rock up, go through everything and sit the exams there and then?
  8. Coming soon | The People's Voice You can thank me later when our reptilian overlords conquer the airwaves.
  9. Who is this doctor you all speak of?
  10. CHRISTMAS BURGER AT THE HAWKSMOOR KLAXON HONK HONK HONK Was going to go to Patty & Bun last night if only for their delicious wings but there was a queue of bloody tourists. Had to make do with Tommi's nearby which was alright; frozen chips always puts me off any burger joint, meh.
  11. Get drunk.
  12. Did alright
  13. A Subbuteo kit, job done.
  14. Smart by TFL to lump in 24 hour trains into the presser. I haven't used a TO in years but kind of get then again as a resident they're not intended for me. Can't wait to see this put into place, it'll be chaos.
  15. Ran diagnostics which didn't show anything wrong when there evidently is; turns out it's actually the whole board. Can get the odd bit working with your hands if you press super hard but obviously that's obviously no use to me at all. Eurgh.
  16. GOODNIGHT MY SWEET PRINCESS.
  17. People pay for NHL on Premier? Thats madness. I have a little think through VLC that works a treat but if you want it legally Gamecenter is a steal for £60. All the games (bar a few blackouts which can be sorted) live plus replays/highlights of every game, the whole works.
  18. Ah, thanks for that, will have a look when the classroom is free. Hardly useful that it's booked all day every week except for breaks, eurgh.
  19. Hi de hi, Got a Smartboard that despite being able to calibrate OK has issues towards the left side of the board; no touch or anything which seems strange? I can't see any damage to the board and I've cleaned the sensors to no avail. Firmware up to date as well at Notebook. Any pointers? CHEERS EVERYONE
  20. I don't know what that is and woke up at various points throughout the night scared about my fantasy football team. Down by 7 with 1 player left, he has none. GO ME. Or something.
  21. p.s I'm already on coffee number two
  22. Woo gaming! Talking to your friends on the Internet! Killing baddies with guns! YEAH!
  23. CAN I BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOROW A FEELING?
  24. Err, woof.
  25. Ska is still thing in 2013? Woof.
×
×
  • Create New...