Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Why buy a Nexus 4 on a contract? £279 outright, Giffgaff sim card at £12 a month, go.
  2. bombermine.com/#/ Boots, fill, etc.
  3. As a Cardiff native I feel like I should be celebrating on Caroline Street, severely inebriated. Suffice to say, I am not.
  4. You let teachers buy what they want? Mental.
  5. That's pretty cool. But no Trypticon to go with it? Pah.
  6. I've just tried using Printershare, printed a test page that came up in Papercut. Asked for my credentials beforehand, seems quite nifty. Need the premium key to print stuff, mind.
  7. Has anyone with the Nexus 4 having severe battery issues? Better Battery Stats is showing a suspend_backoff wakelock that is absolutely killing my phone. Rooted and running ParanoidAndroid 3.0 with Faux123 kernel. Done a factory reset, fiddling with settings/notifications, all sorts. I've not even had the thing a week and it's driving me insane.
  8. rickjames

    Snow!

    Yeah about an inch or so; was chucking it down quite heavily but nowhere near cold enough to create an issue. School open, standard.
  9. Edugeek lanyard and bottle opener Google mints Casio bag full of pens, notepad Softcat/Frog stressballs Impero mug SMART clappy thing, quite annoying Lots of coffee from RM
  10. Was good to attend but I bailed on my hi-vis. Spent my day mostly nabbing free stuff and hanging around Microsoft/BYOD kinda stuff.
  11. Also what's it like for food stuff? Might just pop over to Greenwich or bring my own stuff. Ta.
  12. Why wouldn't I now? Ha.
  13. Our office is currently mega short of freebies after Microsoft sent us some bunting. MUGS MUGS MUGS.
  14. Tube from Heathrow surely? Whatever terminal you're at there's a station.
  15. This is this week. I am looking forward to it. Look out for my in my ICT Hi-vis!
  16. I kinda like it, but on initial viewing my hurts are maybe bleeding a little.
  17. rickjames

    Snow!

    Pretty much normal business as usual over here, no forecast of snow for the next few days either.
  18. rickjames

    Snow!

    School is open as per usual, no snow overnight but still absolutely freezing. Cranked the heater up to the max and the coffee is on.
  19. rickjames

    Snow!

    Just checking now and the amount of schools closed around Essex is absolutely mental. We even had kids lending a hand with shovels this morning
  20. rickjames

    Snow!

    School open, as expected. Lessons delayed until period 2 but most staff getting in without any issues.
  21. rickjames

    Snow!

    Still here.
  22. rickjames

    Snow!

    Just started snowing, but only lightly. Not expecting anything to change, not cold enough to stick around.
  23. Shake Shack is the one my friends always talk about. Will do various hockey/NFL games when I'm there, now a few people so getting something shouldn't be a big issue.
  24. Going in October then off to Spiceworld in Austin (the bit my school are paying for), then a few festivals around there. Can't wait.
  25. Jesus, know a few friends round there.
×
×
  • Create New...