Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. ...that or it's a competition where people act increasingly rude to each other.
  2. X-13

    xbox one migration

    An external HDD would look fine... The Forza 6 one wouldn't fit the noir theme you have there. You'd have to buy/paint everything to match it.
  3. I think your first port of call should be your Union. Also try to get your JD redone to cover any additional responsibilities you have had to take on since it was written... Then get it sent off to be regraded. I managed to get a scale increase [+1 money get!] because the JD was graded higher by HR.
  4. X-13

    xbox one migration

    Ouch... Forget that then. Same with PS4. Thankfully I don't have many PS4 games, so I haven't had to worry about space yet [even captures don't take massive amounts of space]... I liked the old days of just putting the disk in and playing. Updates and savedata don't take up much space. Pop it on top of the Xbone then. I'm not helping you spend money. This is for your own good... or the good of your bank balance, anyway. If you can get a good deal for your current one, it may work out pretty decent. But you're still looking at paying more than you would for a massive external HDD.
  5. X-13

    xbox one migration

    [sarcastic "digital is the future, though" intensifies] Have you looked at upgrading the HDD? Why not use one of the back ports and get a spiffy looking HDD to sit on top [Like the WD Passport Ultra - Metal editions] or just use the back port and put the HDD behind out of sight?
  6. I don't know what you're talking about... >_>
  7. We'd be fine. Bees aint all that.
  8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCq8XDgrP0
  9. It's forced [by Google] https here... We use original recipe YouTube [because nobody listens to what I say]
  10. I've just noticed this... google results are coming up with the RM cert but Youtube isn't, as well. We're just using sslfilter, I didn't even know there was a staff proxy version... Haven't tested if it's ACTUALLY blocking stuff, not really sure where to start with that other than searching for the "finest Internet entertainment". [if you know what I mean. ]
  11. I think you won that a little while ago when you bumped the literal first thread of EduGeek.
  12. This is not a good thread to be reading when I'm off work... Hopefully it's sorted by tomorrow.
  13. Considering bing harvests results from google, you potentially not losing anything. Could be something to consider... much as I hate to admit it.
  14. Are you? Because, a lot of the time people take the stuff they want out of the LE/CE. I'm assuming you're on about this. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Prestige/dp/B002X396Y8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1434976951&sr=8-7&keywords=cod+night+vision+goggles Notice the price? £140. [$350 on the US site] Should have bought it, if it's that. I buy LE/CE versions sometimes. Depends on what's in it and how much it is. Generally, I'll grab the LE/CE for PC if I'm choosing PC over console. [usually same price, but more stuff] The last one I bought was the CE of Bloodborne. I <3 steelbooks. And artbooks. I've also got a couple of AC LEs for the artbooks. And the Dedsec edition of Watch_Dogs is super cool. Le EDIT: No wait... the ACTUAL last LE I bought was the legitimately limited physical copy of Senran Kargura Sinovi Versus.
  15. As in early-access? In general? No. There's usually a few things that are well made and pretty much done [so the early access is paying for extras], but for the most part it's all garbage.
  16. The problem with that though, is that if people don't flag something as NSFW it will still potentially be shown in a safesearch... I've seen massive arguments with artists over it on teh Tumblrs.
  17. If I ever start driving, I need to put a bunch of spikes on the back of my car... Along with a sign that says "go ahead, get as close as you want" Yes, but it's a publicity stunt.
  18. I was using the beta release a little while ago... then it borked and lost everything I added.
  19. <3 Terry Crews.
  20. If the problem is SWIFTKEY's word prediction software, I'm assuming everything of theirs that uses it has the problem. And of course they released a statement saying it wasn't them. If they said it WAS their fault, nobody would work with them ever again.
  21. You mean mortality? I don't think having a different team work on the remake because you're old is a moral issue...
  22. You like FFVII?! Waaaaaaat.
  23. IIRC, technically the answer is no. They aren't employed by the school until their start date, so there's no requirement to provide access. As they aren't a member of staff [yet] or someone external who requires access to provide a service requested by the school [like remote support] then it's a breach of data protection [and safeguarding if their account can access that sort of stuff]... I think. I am not a lawyer, though. To be honest, I wouldn't provide remote access until they're officially staff. Local access, I would. Treat it as if they're a supply teacher. I literally just did this with our new HT. Needed access [verified by business manager] so I made his actual account a bit earlier than I would have, but only gave as much access as a supply teacher would have. When he starts, I'll add the account into the headteacher level AD groups. [Apparently he was impressed with the reasoning for not having HT access yet. ]
×
×
  • Create New...