-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
We're inside Google HQ - Your chance to ask questions...
X-13 replied to Haptic's topic in O/S Deployment
Find out why Chrome needs to save the entire internet to disk... That's annoying when you have profile quotas. -
The Windows 8.1 lockscreen slideshow does. ...But only dual screen. It doesn't do 3+ screens for some reason.
-
Recommend me a Remote Access solution
X-13 replied to Mr_Jiminy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It seems OK. I don't think people are really using it too much. :/ I'd never heard of them either... And RM have been around for a long time, too. No idea. This is something that was bought without my knowledge. -
Yeah... But, that's John Romero. TBH the way things are going here, I'm going to be laughing my butt off come September when I start getting phonecalls from people asking me how to do things. "Oh, let's use Raspberry Pi for computing in Year 5/6! ...and get rid of the ONLY person in the school who knows how to use them!"
-
I keep telling people this... All I get is excuses.
-
...I did both of those. Business studies is legit. Media studies is the reason I can't watch The Fifth Element any more... I watched that chase sequence about 200 times.
-
However you don't get the cars, women [or men, I guess], parties or status that footballers do. And that's all people seem to care about. Shh... don't spoil the mystery. Man... I would have loved to have done computing. I did ICT GCSE... it's "how to use Microsoft Office". Same with when I went to college for "Advanced ICT". Pathetic.
-
Derek Acorah sues after being beaten up by ghosts
X-13 replied to hardtailstar's topic in General Chat
I know. I seen it. -
Derek Acorah sues after being beaten up by ghosts
X-13 replied to hardtailstar's topic in General Chat
If it wasn't for the "Cows go on strike over zero hour contracts" link at the bottom... I would have though this was moderately legit. People are THAT stupid. -
Instant brain downloads. Experience things without actually having to do it.
-
IIRC the popular music distribution went: Vinyl > 8-track > cassette > CD > Digital PC install media went Floppy disk > CD-ROM > DVD-ROM > USB [i've had USB install media sent over] > Digital So... Floppy disks are the Vinyl of computer install media?
-
£15 an hour, you can keep the lambs [i won't judge ] and I get to use the science lab to turn the grain into beer.
-
That's fine. What's the pay?
-
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Japanese version only) Resident Evil: Revelations Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Kid Icarus: Uprising Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Dynasty Warriors VS Nano Assault EX One Piece Unlimited World RED Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2nd Steel Diver: Sub Wars Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D IRONFALL Invasion Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Moon Chronicles Picross e (Japanese version only) Galaxy Force II After Burner II Final Fantasy Explorers From here Plus Xenoblade Chronicles and Smash 3DS.
-
Normal? Sadly, yes. How it should be? Hell no. I tell people to move things that EVERYONE [or their year group/subject] can use to the staff drive. Otherwise, we end up with 40 versions of literally the same file. I also show people how to compress/resize files, but the lack of Windows Live Photo Gallery makes it a bit more complex now. I've been looking at gimp's batch mode recently. Threaten to start deleting stuff that shouldn't be there [.mp3, .exe...] and introduce them to the re-education stick. There's not much I CAN do other than have words with SLT... and we all know how that usually goes. Can I come work where you are, please?
-
Worst. Mountain. Ever. Dave ALWAYS knows when he's not been given as much dong as promised.
-
Buy now and get this special knife set for £2.99... Not good enough, we'll throw in a set of sponges for absolutely free!
-
And Xenoblade Chronicles is New!3DS exclusive because it have a better GPU/CPU.
-
The new 3ds has been out for a while. The regular has changeable cover plates, XL doesn't. Both are bigger. And the 3D adapts to where your head is, so you don't have to sit perfectly still for it to work.
-
~looks lovingly at New!3DS c-stick~
-
IIRC when it's set up there's a group called [All Users] that deal with the default settings for new accounts. If it's just going to be a case of some teachers being "teacher" and "Co-ordinator", set up a co-ordinator group with the higher quota [which we have] and tick "use this to define new users" [or something similar] I'm not sure how it works with 2+ groups... I'm guessing the highest setting wins, but I haven't had a chance to test it. Le EDIT: Oh, cool. I guessed right. Sort of. I would set a maximum allowance in every group, if it's adding it all together. Easiest way would be to set the maximum as the allocation. So, for example, 200 per week with a maximum of 200.
-
I think you can do that with groups, it pulls them from AD. Import the groups you want [add/remove groups on the left], it'll sync automagically every day [forced sync when they print] Change the group settings to what you want and from then on, when someone is added to, for example the teachers AD group, they'll get those settings. You may have to manually make that change to people imported before you changed the group. ...if that makes sense.
-
13 year old refuses to store fingerprint data for canteen tills.
X-13 replied to gwendes's topic in Physical Security
And woe betide anyone who has to restrain a pupil who is likely to injure someone. -
...you sound paranoid. Check what accounts are active, what permissions they have, query any domain admin accounts you're not sure of and check out the GPOs. Apart from that, don't worry about it. ...Oh, check scheduled tasks too. Nothing funnier than a 6 month delayed prank.
-
You really think that little of the current technician?
