-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
I'm currently setting up some service accounts for software, but I can't get one of the restrictions to actually apply to it. I'm trying to set "Deny local logon" and "Deny log on through Terminal Services", but only the latter seems to actually apply. I've got a laptop next to me that I'm testing it with, and no amount of gpupdate /force and restarts are blocking logon. The GPO is linked to the domain and applies for "Authenticated Users" and "Domain Computers". What have I missed here?
-
I can't help but read the quote with a slight microphone distortion, as if it's being said at a rally of some sort... It sounds like the exact kind of thing it's allegedly against.
-
Yeah, I realised that about a minute after I clicked "post"... If you export the user list as an CSV, it has a bunch more data than the PDF version. Department is there, so you can scan through for blank cells..
-
Group Printing - User Summary is what you're after. I'm not sure if it only shows people in groups, or if it just groups everyone. Or just go to users and tick "Users not in groups".
-
You also have the best EduGeek name.
- 4,290 replies
-
- 3
-
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
-
Yeah, it's the same in 2012r2. No clue where it's supposed to go, though... [Can you tell I don't mess around with DNS, yet?]
-
Thrash, Death, Doom, Power, Nu... oh... That's not as cool.
-
Oh... name it after me then.
-
All of ours start with a 4 character site code, the rest is what they do and what number they are [mostly all "001", it's in case we ever get duplicates]. HST-001 HST-002 SRV-001 SRV-002 APP-001 APP-002 FIL-001 BCK-001 ESG-001 EWC-001 RDH-001 Cool names only work if you remember what they do, or if you have something that tells you what they do.
-
[ms office - 2013] What have I done to my outlook :)
X-13 replied to Disease's topic in Office Software
The only way I can get it to look similar to that in Office 2013 is to turn off the reading pane or set it to "bottom"... -
Not that that matters any more, thanks to David "following the law doesn't mean we won't arrest you" Cameron...
-
Which is wrong according to starwars.com.
-
I'm assuming you mean in the thread. Wulff.
-
Only the guilty proclaim their innocence.
-
Apparently, it's a series of tubes... ...and it is solely intended for adult content.
-
The internet.
-
There's a satirical joke to be had somewhere in there, about female objectification, but I don't think I'm brave enough to make it...
-
Male to male, actually. [if you're on aboot the cable.]
-
Just went into the class, took laptop... and it showed up fine. Looks like the cable from the computer is dodge, so I need to see what I have in the way of spares.
-
That's what I thought, but it's done the same thing with 3 different cables... Wouldn't the projector be showing the same blue tint if it was the computer? Laptop > visualiser > monitor? or just laptop > monitor? I'll give it a try.
-
Here's a weird one for ya. Our classroom computers/monitors/projectors are setup as follows: 1) Computer to visualiser. 2) Visualiser split to monitor and projector. One of the classes now has a blue tinted image on the monitor, but the projector image is fine. I've checked the cable [tried a new one], connected the monitor straight to the computer and tried a new monitor [one of mine, so I know it's good]... I've even looked at the colour calibration on the monitor and it hasn't changed. Same problem with every configuration. I originally though I may have damaged the visualiser when I opened it yesterday... but connecting the computer straight to the monitor still has it happen. I managed to get it fine a couple of times by moving the cable about, which I can't replicate any more, but it doesn't stay non-blue for more than half a second. Any ideas as to what's going on?
-
Because it's too heavy to carry all the time?
